[Closed] REBELWISE DAO | September 2022 | Creative Funding

Hello Creatives,
Here is our previous month’s report for August.

Project Name : Rebelwise DAO → Introduction

Contact name: @sevenvision

Council members

Current DAO balance : 12 NEAR

AstroDAO : rebel-wise.sputnik-dao.near

Target wallet address: quincydavis.near

Funding period: September 2022, Monthly

Total Requested Funding Amount: $5000 USD in DAI Stablecoin

We have successfully completed our creative goals last month, including producing our 7th official REBELWISE music video, Warrior Vow. This is the last music video we will produce from our debut album.

We already have been working on our follow-up album and we are looking to continue to build on our momentum, reaching wider audiences, while carving our lane as the first worldwide urban medicine-music artist collective.

Also, this past month, we have set up our Mintbase store and are offering our first performance in the NEARVERSE on September 13th, with our community collaborators Primordia DAO.

Main Goals for September

• Produce our 8th REBELWISE music video, Land Back, which will be the first pre-release single of our next album → Land Back Project Explainer
  • Host our first producer series (1.5 hour) event that will stream live on multiple platforms, speaking about our recent release, Warrior Vow and sharing insights into the artistic craft, featuring @sevenvision @Ashelseasunz and Mic Crenshaw and moderated by @queenblessings. → Producer Series Project Explainer.
  • Host a music video virtual premiere screening event in a NEAR virtual space, showcasing our music videos from the past 2 funding verticals.

Metrics for Success

• Completion of Land Back music video for private screening (until public release, along with a promotional campaign the following month).
  • Over 25 attendees of our producer series event across multiple platforms.
  • Creating our events on the NEAR community calendar
  • Over 5 attendees of our music video event.

Additional Goals

• Continued education and transition of current members into mentorship roles.
  • Continued education and research for decentralized, Web3 platform alternatives to YouTube and Spotify / Apple Music.
  • Continued promotion of our new NFT store.
  • Continued promotion and building our presence in the NEAR community, sharing our offerings, engaging and connecting with community members.

Finances / Budget Breakdown ($5000)

• Council Work: $1400
  • Coordination for music video shoot: $185
  • Lunch for crew and performers: $80
  • Performer honorarium: $100/day x 1.5 days x 3 performers: $450
  • Professional music Video production (by Seven Vision DAO): 1.5 days: $1500
  • Professional music video editing (by Seven Vision DAO): $800
  • Producer Series: compensation for 3 guest artists + moderator: $400
  • Coordination for virtual music video showcase and producer series: $185

Thank you @creativesdao-council :blue_heart::fire:

2 Likes

Hey @sevenvision

What’s the difference between Rebelwise DAO and Seven Vision DAO? I’ve noticed that you are a council member in 3 DAOs on Astro (Seven Vision DAO, Voices of Wisdom DAO, Rebelwise DAO). Could you please elaborate more on that? Based on our guidelines, one person can be a council member in 2 DAO maximum, if you are planning to apply for funding by Voices of Wisdom DAO to CreativesDAO, please be aware of the issue in that area.

Also, your proposal doesn’t follow community guidelines in this form. Please create separate topics for each project of your DAO and link them to the monthly proposal, as a budget breakdown.

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Hey Paul,

Rebelwise DAO is an Urban-Medicine Music Artist Collective and Seven Vision DAO is a media-production studio specializing in documentaries and educational content, especially highlighting indigenous wisdom, as well as organizing events / community gatherings.

Rebelwise DAO and Seven Vision DAO are separate projects as explained in their introductions:
Rebelwise Introduction + Seven Vision Introduction

As you can see from previous posts / proposals, they are 2 entirely different DAOs, with different demographics, working on different projects and have different social media accounts.

The main connection between them is that some Rebelwise music videos are produced by Seven Vision DAO.

But neither DAO has ever applied for or received funding for duplicate projects.

I apologize if there is confusion with my name being @sevenvision even though I’m submitting Rebelwise DAO proposals - it seems that I cannot change my forum name at this point. I am just a member of Seven Vision DAO and I am lead coordinator of Rebelwise DAO. @queenblessings is the lead coordinator of Seven Vision DAO.

I am a member of 2 active DAOs but the 3rd you mentioned - Voices of Wisdom DAO was never active and was actually set up incorrectly when I was first learning how to use AstroDAO. You will see that it has no other members, was never updated to version 3, has never applied for funding - so these are all clear indications that it is not active. I am not sure how to delete it but if I find out how, I can do so, to clear any confusion.

Please note – Seven Vision DAO’s recent proposal mentioning Voices of Wisdom does not refer to that inactive DAO, but it is the name of a project a project under Seven Vision DAO that has been in development and is currently being taken to the next phase of production → Voices of Wisdom Project Explainer.

Thanks for letting us know. I’ve created separate posts for each project that was mentioned → Rebelwise - Land Back and Rebelwise Producer Series.

Please let us know if there’s anything else needed. Thanks!

2 Likes

As stated in the previous proposal, the majority of community mods decided to close your proposal due to the on-chain data related to Seven Vision DAO, Voices of Wisdom, and Rebelwise DAO.

Hi @Paul, as we have already pointed out, the 3rd DAO was never active and was improperly created when we were first learning. So this reasoning is doesn’t make sense to deny funding. As this is not sufficient, can you provide a more clear explanation?