[Proposal] Participatory NFT Art Experiment to Creatives DAO

Hi @Cryptonaut

I personally don’t see how this is a creative proposal.

I will make it very clear.

Production of art is creative. Thus drawing and collage are both creative. Curation of art and creating digital images to be turned into NFTs is also a creative process.

The creative aspects of proposal are:

1. Each person creating art on table tops covered with butcher paper and on 5x7 cards
  2. Each person using taking digital images of the created art that they find compelling
  3. Each person curating and enhancing the digital images to make NFTs that are part of the event’s NFT collection

Please let me know if you ned further clarification of how the event is creative

Hi @mr_free

Thanks for the excellent questions. I appreciate your thoroughness as it helps me improve the proposal.

Nice idea

Yes, I find it very interesting as well. Thanks :grin:

but I think too expensive for an experiment with 30 participants.

If I can get the price the meals down 15-20%, that will enable more participants (assuming we can get a larger room) or lower total cost. Would that be acceptable to you?

Also, who are these 30 participants?!

Tulum locals and maybe a few tourists. We will promote in the emerging Tulum Guild, Tulum crypto community (many of whom have never made or had a NFT), the Tulum regenerative community, the Tulum art community, the hotel’s community, and Tulum health and wellbeing community…

According to the agenda, there is no time for onboarding/learning, even if it will happen, it will be superficial knowledge.

You are absolutely right! That was simply a draft agenda. I have updated as follows.

Agenda
6-6:15p Networking
6:15-6:30p Introduction including talk about Day out of Time
6:30-8p Create Art Session - drawing and/or collaging
8-8:45p Plant-Based Dinner and group conversation abou t the theme
8:45-9p Introduce NEAR, get NEAR wallet and event NFT, and learn about how we will collaborate to create a Day Out of Time themed NFT collection
9-9:55p Create NFT session - drawing and/or collaging, taking photos of the art, creating digtial images for NFTs, minting NFTs
9:55-10p Closing out, next steps for finalizing and promoting the collection
Art supplies provided, how to learn more about NEAR and Mintbase

To be clear, the learning here is not by listening and it extends beyond the event. The specific Web3 learning experiences will be:

1. Creating a custom NEAR wallet through a Satori campaign
  2. Receiving a NFT via a Satori campaign
  3. Reviewing the wallet and the NFT within in
  4. Minting an NFT for the event’s NFT collection
  5. Sharing about the event’s NFT collection

Onboarding-dao could support creating new wallets by providing linkdrop-links with sums enough to create new wallet.

Do you want me to pull the cost of new wallets out of this and submit to Onboarding-dao?

Also, I think, the event theme (The Day out of Time) is closer to spiritual-dao.

The theme of the event is not the main point. The theme could be anything. This is about proving a model that could lead to an open source event model that connects participatory art experiences with Web3 and brings people interested in a creative art experience into the Web3/NEAR world. If this experiment is successful, we will have content that can be used to do a series of the events where the participants pay for entrance. These type of participatory art events have been going in the Bay Area via Late Nite Art for years but they have never had a Web3 component and thus people just walk away with memories. Our hypothesis is that in this new version, they will also walk away with an understanding of NFTs, the experiential knowledge of having created on, and an interest in a collection of NFTs that they helped create. If this works, it meaningfully add Web3 into an IRL participatory art experience creating a model that can replicated across the world.

Thus, the theme of the event is immaterial. I chose the Day Out of Time, because I believe it will be a good draw in Tulum for the time year, as it is a way acknowledging and honoring the local Mayan culture. It may be considered spiritual, but I consider it self knowledge. The Day Out of Town can be seen practically as a time to reset for the upcoming year by making intentions, figuring out what one wants to leave behind, and expressing gratitude for what one has. This reset is just another benefit of attending, and something that I think will be a strong draw.

Good evening, what stands for $24? Thanks

Sorry, No, this will not fit the onboarding-dao rules, onboarding-dao supports events with a budget less than 500$.

2 Likes

Hi @Dacha

It was for 24 dollars and probably should have been $21, but I have removed the DAO from the proposal to make it less complex.

@FritzWorm : I removed the DAO. I am also looking to get the price for the food down by 15-20%. If I can do that, will you support the proposal?

1 Like

Could you please fill out the form? Thanks

Hi @Dacha

I made a copy of the form and filled it in at:

Note that I cut the budget for food by 15%, which is reflected in the spreadsheet and also the latest update to proposal, saving about $200.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Dacha @FritzWorm

Is it still possible to move this project forward?

Hello, please contact any of the @creativesdao-council here: t.me/CreativeGuilds

Hi @FritzWorm

I just dropped a post in the Telegram. I asked them to make a comment of support on the forum post today. I hope that is the correct ask.

Hi @creativesdao-mods!

@FritzWorm suggested that I reach out to you.

I am wondering if I can get your support for an experimental event that seeks to bring together a particatory art project where people create art together one evening (drawing and collage) and then create an NFT collection.

I think this could be a new type of event that could be done anywhere to bring together the communities to create Art and NFTs together. I think ultimately people will be willing to pay to participate in these types of event. This proposal is just to test out and refine the model.

Please put a comment today if you support this, as I am running out of time to lock in the venue for July 25th and to make promotions.

Hi @creativesdao-mods!

1. If you all want me to look for a less expensive place, I am sure I can find a nice place in town where the food will be several hundred dollars less. I had chosen Hotel Panamera, since they have a beautiful property on the beach that will make beautiful content to share about the event and to promote future events. They are also giving us the room for free for four hours because buy food so I thought it was a fair tradeoff.

Or we could limit the event to 20 people to cut costs if necessary.

2. I have brought on @vegantraveller to partner on the event. She has extensive experience in creating content and social media, so we be able to really showcase this event and have imagery to promote the NFTs and future events.

3. After the event, I will write up a short guide for anyone who wants to do a similar event anywhere in the world.

I am open feedback.

Thank you for your kind consideration!

P.s., here is Bridgit DAO’s latest weekly update:

Hi @shiftshapr,
Thanks for the request.

@marketingdao-council - is the event being funded by you guys? If yes, can you share the amount being funded so there’s no overlap if creatives mods approve this too?

2 Likes

Tonight, we went to the La Guarida, a cultural center and restaurant in Tulum Centro. We spoke to my friend Santiago and they are happy to discuss hosting Noche Arte and/or other NEAR Night events. Here is a walkthrough video: My favorite place in Tulum Centro.

My preference to do this one at La Panamera to get the beautiful beach hotel imagery for the first one (even if we have to reduce the number of attendees) and in the future to use La Guarida for other Near Night events that need to be more economical.

We will go to Panamera today to take photos of the space.

The flyer for the event has the Aztec calendar it needs to be switched not only to the Mayan calendar but more precisely to the Jose Arguelles interpretation of the Mayan calendar.

The day out of time comes from that interpretation and is not celebrated by the local Mayans. I chose to use the José Arguelles interpretation of the Mayan Calendar in the Tulumcoin logo because it was more in tune with what we were doing adding blockchain and a community currency.
And we were already using a Mayan gliph of the Jaguar on the other side of the coin. If you are going to celebrate the Day out of Time, a simple google research would help you understand what it is about. Time is art.

Thanks for your comment @regentulummich.

The flyer for the event has the Aztec calendar

Yes, we are already aware that. When I posted the image along with a request for art supplies, I received a comment to that effect.

Rest assured that the image on the DRAFT Eventbrite is not final. We have not started promoting the event yet. The graphic designer is working on a new one.

Rather the Tzolkin calendar of José Arguelles, we are planning to use the Haab, which is the primary Mayan Calendar.

Regen Tulum is using the Tzolkin calendar on the back of the TulumCoin and I would not want to imply that there is any affiliation between the event and Regen Tulum or TulumCoin. If people think it is important to use the José Arguelles interpretation, I am open to that but I did not want people to be confused since the graphic of TulumCoin is already somewhat known in the crypto and regeneration communities of Tulum.

The reason for the confusion in the first place is because the website of the largest Mayan ruins on the Yucatan - Chichenitza and many other sites mislabel the Calendario Azteca as the Calendario Maya. It seems almost like there is a “campaign” to make people think that the Calendario Azteca is the Calendario Maya.

As someone with deep knowledge of the region and its cultural heritage, perhaps you can shed some light upon why some official websites say the Calendario Azteca is the Calendario Maya.

I did find this article that explains the differences but it does not speak to “the why.”

a simple google research would help you understand what it is about.

Thanks again. We know what the Day Out of Time is about. The reason we in fact are doing an art event on the Day Out of Time is precisely because the Day Out of Time is about “Time is Art”, otherwise we would not hold the event on a Monday. This is explained in the original proposal, and two websites are provided that speak to the meaning of the Day out of Time and contemplative practices associated with the day.

Finally, for the sake of clarity, as mentioned in my previous reply to an earlier reply:

The theme of the event is not the main point. The theme could be anything. This is about proving a model that could lead to an open source event model that connects participatory art experiences with Web3 and brings people interested in a creative art experience into the Web3/NEAR world. If this experiment is successful, we will have content that can be used to do a series of the events where the participants pay for entrance.

In any case, I appreciate your intention to prevent us from using the wrong image. It is certainly very important to not contribute any more energy to the mislabeling of the Calendario Maya.

We went to Hotel Panamera to see the space that the event will be in. Here are a couple photos of the space. They will put in large tables for art making.

The room is open with a beautiful view to the Caribbean sea. (The photos of the Ocean view did not come out because it was too dark.).

The Day out of Time as in José Arguelles interpretation is not the Mayan Calendar either. They have a flag. They use on this day. Is 3 red dots in a circle.

And Tulum coin uses José Arguelles image and interpretation of the Calendar i made it clear why I chose that

1 Like

Hi @Cryptonaut

I don’t mean to speak for the Marketing Dao council, and I could be wrong, but I am not aware of them considering this proposal. They were considering the below proposal for a NFT Marketing Tour in Mexico but the time ran out for us to make preparations so I had to withdraw the proposal.
https://gov.near.org/t/closed-mexico-july-2022-near-nft-marketing-tour/24469

so608 was kind enough to tell me that it would be best to give 5 weeks or more advance notice for future events.
https://gov.near.org/t/closed-mexico-july-2022-near-nft-marketing-tour/24469/22?u=shiftshapr

In this light, I would like to mention to all @creativesdao-council that if necessary this event can be done later. We are not at all tied to the July 25th date or the Day Out of Time theme, and would be happy to have the event in August if more time was needed for your process.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 Like