[PROPOSAL] Onboarding new Kid / Adult creatives into the ecosystem + minting their works as NFTs

Yes @anointingthompson1 , we will reach far through this!:star_struck:

Thanks for coming through.

2 Likes

I’m so happy to be a part of this amazing project. Awesome!!

3 Likes

Yes @Blessedchidi
Welcome to the community :partying_face:
I’m happy to have you on this great team for the project​:star_struck:

1 Like

Hello @FritzWorm @hevertonharieno @marianeu
Please take a look at this updated proposal and let us know what way from here. This project is simply awaiting y’all’s decision to kick start.
Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Hello Purpledots,

Again, as much as I like your proposal to work with kids, u need to check the requirements as Tabear from Creative DAO told you, we do not fund proposals from individuals. So, the target should be a DAO.

Also, I already asked you to show more about your team, quote:

it may be helpful for others if you can show previous events

Because it is important for the community to verify that you are already a good member with proven contributions. If not, then that could be the road to take, help first ongoing projects.

4 Likes

It seems this proposal has been unattended for quite sometime. @Dacha you should see this.
For a city like Lagos it will be masssive for NEAR
@Purpledots The proposal should get more details then you could repost it as well as add the link to this proposal.
As much as I understand how massive this is because I am Nigerian, i am quite sure others may not see it that way.

In essence add more details by painting a compelling story, be more creative in your details as well.
We may want to see if more of this can be hosted in cities like Kano and Abuja. The #npk-guild is really interested in this.

3 Likes

Oh wow thank you @Crypto_doctor for your kind words and insights
I’m still looking to see if C1 Guild could take it up for approval cuz I learnt the creatives DAO fund proposals from guilds.

I also have intentions to bring the next edition of this project to other states like Kano and Middle East.

2 Likes

Hi @Crypto_doctor & @Purpledots,

let me know if there is anything you need from me going forward!

Greetings,
Maria

2 Likes

Please reach out to us at #npk-guild as well please

2 Likes

Thanks @marianeu
We will reach out as soon as we can

2 Likes

@CommunityDAO I would love us all to see to this and give our contributions.

3 Likes

$3000 in Lagos is nothing to be precise, I can agree that the proposal is lacking in details. But the funding request is not much tbh

3 Likes
1 Like

Hello @marianeu i agree that the Nigerian NAIRA has less value compared to USD. One thing to know is that not every part of Nigeria has same rate of doing things. While life can be cheap in some parts of the country, it’s hell in another. Especially Lagos State. Things differ in the market. Also, payment for services differ with respect to who is doing it. $100 can pay a rent as the post on quora says, but did the person also tell how $200 can’t have you sleep in a hotel in same Asaba for two days?

$100 will pay you rent for a single room in the slum where I live and Lagos is not an exception

2 Likes

@marianeu greetings

I’ll have to come in here, it is understandable that the cost of living in places like Lagos differs like @Crypto_doctor and @IgbozeIsrael mentioned, $100 can pay per month rent in the mainland but not in the island of Lagos just know that @Purpledots and the team is building their reputation in the ecosystem also working towards same $NEAR goal as you’re so it’s wrong to accuse @Crypto_doctor and @Purpledots by saying they want to split tokens.

Things doesn’t work like most of you think here with all due respect you don’t conclude by assumption and for fact we all are building the NEAR web3 ecosystem doesn’t mean we are hungry when it’s time for our proposals to be reviewed. I’ve been a core community builder in the ecosystem from testnet and I have successfully hosted blockchain events that onboarded people and spread out $NEAR in a more transparent manner, so being part of this event team is assured that things will work out successfully with my input and note that this decentralized future starts with you so make it a good one and learn what you don’t know my friend.

It doesn’t matter if the proposal is approved or not like I said we are not hungry and no ones is splitting tokens they didn’t work for.

4 Likes

As one of the team organizing this event, i can vouch to the success of it with my input and below is the link to my first event on NEAR.

Peace :v:

3 Likes

I don’t think this is the case. Hosting an event in Lagos is a different thing all together. the cost of living in Lagos alone is high.
maybe you presume this to mean they want to grab tokens while they just want to make impact in their community having explored NEAR ecosystem. the case here should be that @Mintbase can’t give out more than it’s monthly funding as you stated long ago.

3 Likes

Hey @Purpledots , @Crypto_doctor , @IgbozeIsrael and @Dedeukwu ,

thank you for explaining in more detail. I did not in any way want to accuse anyone of grabbing tokens, but I just shared my impression - that I got from this superficial research about Lagos.

Okay, so let’s schedule a meeting and you explain how you aim to educate about near & MINTBASE.

How does that sound?

1 Like

Sure I understand it’s your impression but most times Google doesn’t give us the real details we need but it’s alright, @Crypto_doctor is in Northern part of Nigeria ( Kano ) and not part of this event team likewise @IgbozeIsrael but they can join the meeting and contribute their ideas as well. They interfered because they saw the potential in the proposal i think.

This event team by @Purpledots is @Blessedchidi ( A Nigerian Criminologist we newly onboarded )
Check her Twitter account.

and @anointingthompson1 ( A Cinematographer & a singer )
Check his Twitter account.

Myself and @Purpledots

I will share your Calendly to them in the group and we will decide on when this meeting will hold.
Thanks

2 Likes

…btw, i’m not part of those planning the event. Just made my comment seeing that things were going the other way round.

5 Likes