[Proposal] NEAR Frame

Build hardware and software solution to display NFT cards and other digital content. NEAR Frame is an android os screen with CMS software. Develop custom software with NEAR devs. Create a physical product to support NEAR ecosystem.

More details to follow…

4 Likes

Interesting, @cryptocredit. Did you submit this to a DAO?

Also, @riqi, this might be interesting to you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Proposal submitted to yolo.sputnikdao.near today!

I have been in discussions with Sasha and Vlad in Human Guild Discord as well.

This is my first posting in the forum but will be posting updates here in the future.

Have mentioned to @riqi that I was looking at ways to display nft cards and will be sharing more details via DM as the project develops.

Thanks @shreyas for your interest!

2 Likes

Proposal now funded! Thanks to @vlad and @sashahudzilin

3 Likes

Looking forward to this!

Async.art has something on this but leveraging screens that are already around us.

2 Likes

@yassine thanks for the link. Hope to have a working prototype of the NEAR Frame by the end of May

3 Likes

Great, let me know if you need a tester! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I look forward to trying it out

1 Like

Hi just thought it was time for an update!

I have been in contact with a screen manufacturer who has shipped me a screen for testing. It looks great!

Spoke to @Primaveralina at INC4 who has kindly agreed to help with software. Our first use case is to demonstrate how easy it is to buy beer in NEAR.

The hardware and software will be available to order in NEAR. Ideal for local communities to use at events and provide a physical platform to showcase NEAR projects.

2 Likes

This is great news, I really want to see a photo of your work))

1 Like

It’s been a while since I last posted about this project but finally I have some good news.

For those who do not know - the NEAR Frame is a large digital screen that will be used to interact with apps running on the NEAR blockchain… like a giant smart phone :slight_smile:

I have been in contact with a screen manufacturer who is interested in the project and they have supplied a screen to run some tests.

The next step is building the software apps that will run on the NEAR Frame that:

• showcase real world use cases for NEAR - work has started with @primaveralina and the INC4 team to create a payment platform for selling beer for NEAR.

• promote projects running on NEAR - I will be reaching out to @stefanopepe to discuss ways to add functionality to the NEAR wallet that will allow wallet owners to display NFTs in their Collectibles on the NEAR Frame.

I hope to have more news by the end of the year.

This is a cool project, I’m happy to help you find the right resource to launch this product! NEAR Wallet doesn’t offer promotion or visibility to community projects, but you can easily integrate it with your own dapp, similarly to what other NFT platforms did on NEAR (see Mintbase or Paras).

All the NFT information you need is available on the blockchain and you don’t need any wallet feature to view it.