[Proposal] Friday Meetups on Tama Island

Tamago - Friday Meetups on Tama Island

Project/Council Members: @coyotefugly @clarian

Target: tamaisland.sputnik-dao.near

Total Requested Funding Amount: $1,000

Projects & Timelines:
These Friday meetups are a social event that takes place on Tama Island in the NEAR Hub metaverse. This was Tamago’s first venture into hosting live music/networking events in the metaverse as a way to build community around the platform with artists and supporters. At these meetups, we host a DJ duo who call themselves U.N.I. and they play a 2 hour set and live stream into the Island.

They partnered with us in December and began streaming a two hour set into Tama Island, hosting and shouting out the Tamago project, and making it an immersive experience by adding their presence into the environment. Tama Island is a space where people can engage and get a sense of the community Tamago is organically building, introduce their creative work and see how they might get involved.

Anything else the Creatives DAO Council should know?

We have seen immense growth in the enthusiasm and support of Tamago as a platform but also as a means for artists to get involved in the Web3 space. Patrons from these events have become top of the charts artists on Tamago, as well as hosts for our other weekly events. The goal is always to empower creators and bring their creations to the forefront for music and art lovers to enjoy. We would like to compensate U.N.I with $250 per performance, for 4 performances a month. We would greatly appreciate support from Creatives DAO in this endeavor.

Thank you!
Best,
The Tama Island Team

2 Likes

I and hundreds more artistes appreciate the great work Tamago represents.

This is awfully well-written, @coyotefugly

Go, Tamago, go go!

1 Like

I was in a friend’s room a day when I heard you on tama island
Man your voice is fire,I would love to meet you man! The world needs to hear you and thank goodness for Tama island who made me hear someone like you.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @Davidgrace_2.

I appreciate!:raised_hands::raised_hands:

:heart::heart:

1 Like

I was in the Friday meetup and I had a great time with the unimusic, It was a refreshing session. I look forward to other fridays

1 Like