[Proposal] EDU Creatives Project

The EDU Creatives DAO is meant to be the place where the Creative Community can be part of a collective effort to onboard Nearcomers into the Creative DAO by giving them all the tools they need, they can learn more about Blockchain, Wallets, and how to be Creators on the web3.

Project

• Run a monthly Near Certified Course - Estimate USD 2250

Total Requested Funding Amount $2250 USD

Metrics to measure success

• Onboard 50 participants
  • Approve at least 10 participants
  • Record more than 5 hours of educational content

Council members

DAO address: edu-creatives.sputnik-dao.near

*It is clear that this month new DAOs will not receive funding, but this is more a collective proposal for the good of the whole Creatives DAO in an effort to improve as a collective of creators

15 Likes

This is a really great initiative and itā€™s something weā€™ve all been waiting for in the community. I would like to offer my services of creating visual contents like explainer videos to these educative contents, Motion graphics happens to be my field of expertise and I know for a fact that video contents have a way of making people understand these educative materials more. I intend collaborating with everyone including @Cryptonaut as he would be making awesome voice over recordings for these materials which will really guide my creation process.
Lemme know what you think. Thanks :blush:
@FritzWorm

4 Likes

Yeah! Please go ahead, right now the first reward is to obtain ownership of the initiative. But there is part of the funding that can be requested for content creation. This will help the whole community so if you can start then do it :wink:

As you can see we might be able to access to $800 USD funding from Moderators DAO for Content Creation.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome. Canā€™t wait to get on it and start creating.:blush:

3 Likes

As a NEARcomet, Iā€™m really excited and thankful for this initiative. There is so much my community and I want to learn, and yet so many wonderful rabbit holes to get lost in. We are looking forward to direction and building our understanding of the protocol, so that we can funnel people we bring in to relevant experiences. Thank you!

5 Likes

FAQs:

From @GeminiRising

1. Is this an ongoing course or just a one-off? Will the course happen every week or only for 1 week?

This will be an ongoing course, I am proposing 1 per month for the start. So every month we will be onboarding Creatives into the Creatives DAO through this initiative.
This will help us to know if a creator is a good one from the start too hehehe we will all know nearcomers

1. You have days of the week, is each numbered module related to the numbered days? You have too many phrases that donā€™t seem to relate to eachother - training day, modules, to name a few.

Yep, each module related to one day for now. There could be someone to propose that one module needs two days. Right now the module is the educational proposal from one member.

1. Or are all 4 modules happening during each day? Are there more than 4 modules?

No, one module is separeted, so there is like an onboarding Module, the Module 1 is basically onboarding into the Creatives and what are NFTs pros and cons, I will also take the opportunity to prevent Nearcomers from SCAMS

1. How long is each module? The whole day? A few hours? One hour?

It should be from 1 to 2 hours online meeting and you can add activities to be done after or before. We are asking those to be done after but yeah you could.

1. What do you mean by professor? Do you mean instructor or presenter? Professor implies to me a university teacher.

Professor is the instructor yes but Near University calls Instructor to the ones giving Bootcamps. The members will host the 1-2 hour online meeting teaching the Nearcomers about NEAR and how to be a Creator on the web3. Also, letā€™s remember we want to run this activity together with Near University @erinkristina

1. Will NCC become a DAO?

NCC is already a DAO: edu-creatives.sputnik-dao.near

1. Very confused about tasks to be completed - is this for people to take the course or that the presenters must accomplish? If it is for the presenters to complete, what if they are teaching something that doesnā€™t include minting?

Tasks are for participants. So, those are tasks that should be done to receive the certification. You can ask for a tweet too, a proposal, or ideation, doesnā€™t have to be minting.

1. How and where will this be presented? Will it be live? Will it be on YouTube or Zoom etc? Will it be recorded?

Is up to all of us. I hope we can use Google meets, we already personally paid for the Google meets platform to be able to record from another NEAR educational initiative where we can cross-collab. @jeph

1. Regarding the budget, are those numbers for each module or for the whole thing?

Budget is $2250 USD for the whole week course

1. It is a pre-requisite of this week course that participants already received the Near Certified Analyst or similar Blockchain Tech/Web3 onboarding?

Yes, it is.

1. Number of participants?

20-50 per course

1. How will the budget be distributed?

Organization: $500. Activities include sending emails, updating the list of participants, and reviewing feedback from participants.
Marketing-Promotion: $300 ā†’ $100 for the Community Manager and the rest for rewards and other marketing activities like banner designs, twitter spaces running, etc.
Ambassadors-Promotion: $500 to be distributed as rewards for referring participants who get the certification.
Professors: $500 for 5-10 hours of online meeting

6 Likes

So, there will be 5 different Professors?

@FritzWorm congratulations for the project, for sure preparing Nearcomers to enter the network with basic knowledge of the entire ecosystem, will be of great value for everyone in the community and for the newcomers. An honor to be part of this project and I thank you for the trust deposited in me.
Best,
Ghini

3 Likes

Per course yes, but the next course can be runned with other different professors (same standard information)

2 Likes

Amazing @FritzWorm ! letā€™s do the best! :100: :woman_artist: :artist: :man_artist: :woman_artist: :art: :flight_departure:

2 Likes

Process flow of video creation for NCC

1. The way this video series will be created is by professors recording their content in a presentation video format and sharing in the google drive link (to be shared here soon)

2. This video will then be rewritten by the script writer in form of smaller faq capsules to make it more concise and simplified.

(For example if you are creating a video about how to design in cryptovoxel, then faq videos like how to login to MetaMask, how to connect MetaMask with cryptovoxel, how to enter a voxel etc, will be created out of the hour long video.)

1. Once the script is ready, voice over will be added to it

2. Once all the voice overs are recorded for the videos, faq videos will be compiled into 4-5 sections in one hour. Each section will last 10-15 mins

3. Videos will be shared with

• Professors for review
  • Outside 3rd party person review
  • Mods for review
  1. If all looks good the video is ready to be uploaded on the Near Certified Creatives Metaverse

2. On the day of the class going live, Professor will available for assistance.

• The professor can introduce and address the class
  • Play the main video
  • Conduct QnA after every session
  • Conduct test in the end to ensure students understood the course.
  • take feedback to better the course
  1. These classes will mostly be taken in the NearHub meta verse where we will design token gated classrooms. Once a module is finishes, students will get an NFT which will allow them to go to the next class. Final certificate will also be an NFT.
    They can always come and go through the resources from the NCC library, where more module and FAQ videos will be added.
2 Likes

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your entries :pray:
Weā€™ve received many applications some modules and are simple and some more advanced.
The way we want to deliver information is from simpler concepts to more advanced concepts so we donā€™t overwhelm newcomers.

For that purpose we might add more complex modules in the second tranche of course

Weā€™re on the way to close applications for 1 module. 25th is the last date.

If you still havenā€™t submitted then

1. please share your module in the google docs
  2. Set a calendly meet to discuss your module.

Teachers for 1st module

1. @FritzWorm
  2. @Cryptonaut
  3. @jefedeoro
  4. @frado
  5. @Ghini
  6. @GeminiRising
    :pray:
7 Likes

@Cryptonaut It is a great honor to have been chosen as a teacher for the first module of Near Certifified Creative, an initiative that I consider a milestone in the history of Near Foundation. Thank you for the opportunity to be part of it. Congratulations to all the other teachers, including you, @FritzWorm @jefedeoro @frado and @GeminiRising!
Best,
Ghini

2 Likes

Looking forward to getting this done, when I get back! Going to be a fun and important project.

2 Likes

Hello there

Nice initiative.

1. Are the modules already created?

2. Will it be 8 modules?

3. How much was the budget for creating videos?

4. Near University has itā€™s own programs NCA, NCI, etcā€¦ But how Creatives will relate with the aim of Near University. It would bean great to get the answer from Near University representative.

5. About metrics: 2250$/ 50 participants = 45$ to onboard 1 participant. Hmā€¦ If calculate approved 2250$/10 participants = 225$ for 1 participantā€¦ How much Near University spend to attract 1 participant?!

6. Does a community exist? How many members are in it?
    I think the community will be small, so the community manager role could include ā€œorganizationā€ for the same price ($100) or a little more (up to $150-200 depending on community size)

7. I think you can spend on paid promotions and designs much less (100-150$) on the start point. This budget could increase after a successful start and good results.

8. As I know NearUniversity (NU) has its own referral system. So, I didnā€™t understand ambassadors-promotion paragraph. Especially if you ask for funds for paid promotions.

9. How are these professors? Please share the list with their experience.

10. terms, dates of the learning?

5 Likes

Appreciate your interest @mr_free

1. Are the modules already created
  • Professors are submitting their videos by 10th
  1. Will it be 8 modules?
  • We have 7 for now. Waiting to hear from @johanga about her video update. Is 8 modules a requirement?
  1. How much was the budget for creating videos?
  • Budget breakdown will be shared in the post below. Weā€™re trying to bootstrap and this will increase in future to produce consistent quality providing videos.
  1. Near University has itā€™s own programs NCA, NCI, etcā€¦ But how Creatives will relate with the aim of Near University. It would bean great to get the answer from Near University representative.
  • Draft ready mailing the details to them. Already connected with Shashi in NEAR University
  1. About metrics: 2250$/ 50 participants = 45$ to onboard 1 participant. Hmā€¦ If calculate approved 2250$/10 participants = 225$ for 1 participantā€¦ How much Near University spend to attract 1 participant?!
  • No idea. Will wait for a response from near uni and then get back to the community.
  1. Does a community exist? How many members are in it?
    I think the community will be small, so the community manager role could include ā€œorganizationā€ for the same price ($100) or a little more (up to $150-200 depending on community size)
  • Nice idea will be needed once we have the courses created for various reasons. Coordination with newcomers and councils. Marketing campaigns etc.
  1. I think you can spend on paid promotions and designs much less (100-150$) on the start point. This budget could increase after a successful start and good results.
  • Agree and already a part of the plan.
  1. As I know NearUniversity (NU) has its own referral system. So, I didnā€™t understand ambassadors-promotion paragraph. Especially if you ask for funds for paid promotions.
  • Similar to question 5. We donā€™t know about it and will wait to hear back from Near University
  1. How are these professors? Please share the list with their experience.
  • All professors are running communities, DAOs or projects on NEAR. Final list for the 1st course will be shared by 10th once we have the first set of videos sent by the professors.
  1. terms, dates of the learning?
  • didnā€™t understand your question. Please elaborate

Question-
What kind of participation are you looking at and what DAO, team or department in NEAR do you represent?

3 Likes

Process flow of video creation for NCC

1. The way this video series will be created is by professors recording their content in a presentation video format and sharing in the google drive link (to be shared here soon)

2. This video will then be rewritten by the script writer in form of smaller faq capsules to make it more concise and simplified.

(For example if you are creating a video about how to design in cryptovoxel, then faq videos like how to login to MetaMask, how to connect MetaMask with cryptovoxel, how to enter a voxel etc, will be created out of the hour long video.)

1. Once the script is ready, voice over will be added to it

2. Once all the voice overs are recorded for the videos, faq videos will be compiled into 4-5 sections in one hour. Each section will last 10-15 mins

3. Videos will be shared with

• Professors for review

• Outside 3rd party person review

• Mods for review

1. If all looks good the video is ready to be uploaded on the Near Certified Creatives Metaverse

2. On the day of the class going live, Professor will available for assistance.

• The professor can introduce and address the class

• Play the main video

• Conduct QnA after every session

• Conduct test in the end to ensure students understood the course.

• take feedback to better the course

1. These classes will mostly be taken in the NearHub meta verse where we will design token gated classrooms. Once a module is finishes, students will get an NFT which will allow them to go to the next class. Final certificate will also be an NFT.

They can always come and go through the resources from the NCC library, where more module and FAQ videos will be added.

3 Likes

Thanks for the answers, but itā€™s still not clear.

ok. How are these professors? (share please full information with proofs)

Thatā€™s question is not to me. I would like to see the course and have an understanding.

I didnā€™t find the budget below in the next post

So, the Near University didnā€™t approve this course, right?
I would like to hear the answer from NU.

I think 45$ to onboard 1 participant (225$ for approved) is too high price.

Sorry, the answer was about nothing or I didnā€™t understand.

ok

Thatā€™s bad. You want to collaborate with NU and donā€™t know about NU

Are the professors anonymous? Why do I need to believe that they are professors?!

I mean when the course begins and ends. Roadmap/schedule, etc

Does it important? Why?
We are discussing the proposal now, not you or me.

I would like to continue discussing when the course will be ready, and there is a possibility to check the materials + Get answers from Near University.
Please invite the Near University representative to the discussion.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Hello, having an educational standard onboarding was an initiative I kick started that now @Cryptonaut is leading.

I will love to step aside if there are enough professors or step in if u need me.

Now I want to answer the following:

I did make a close with Near University through someone who worked there, but there are some changes now:

And we lost communication from Creatives DAO with NF and from NCC with Near University.

Just wanted to clarify that.

Building a course might be a titanic task so thanks for both helping with it, please partners continue with the clarification of the course @mr_free @Cryptonaut

1 Like

Nothing is bad buddy, I know very well about NU and ambassador program is. The suggestion of ambassador program in line with NCC is what I can only comment once I hear back from NU and we have a discussion about it. Hope that makes sense ?

Are the professors anonymous? Why do I need to believe that they are professors?!

[/quote]

No one is anonymous apart from you right now :slight_smile: All information is mentioned in the document mentioned in the first point. You can get any other information and chat with community in the telegram group. They are professors because they are running communities and have experience in the topic they will teach. They have taught that topic to the multiple people and would like to teach it to new comers who want to a part of NEAR.

@FritzWorm
@Cryptonaut
@GeminiRising
@Ghini
@frado
@jefedeoro
@johanga

@mr_free - Please share your experience and interest in understating these questions as well so everyone knows everyone!

Videos by the Professors will be submitted by the 10th of July.

Video production team will be finalised by 15th July from the submissions received.

First Draft should be in by 10th -15th August

We can increase the pace of things once we hear from NU.

Yes its very important. If you want people to come and answer your questions and understand whether they are eligible to be professors or not, then they should know about you also. And why are you asking these questions, who are you and why they should spend time a answering your questions. It needs to be a two way communication.

@shashi
Thank you.