{PROPOSAL} Darkroom Workshop & NFT Series

{PROPOSAL} Darkroom Workshop & NFT Series

The following proposal is for a Darkroom Printing Workshop running in tandem with ‘Trying’ a poetry and performance event happening at the artist residence, Ouriço on August 6th. The prints from the workshop will be exhibited at the event.

My name is Abia Karim, I am a Pakistani-American photographer based in Lisbon, Portugal. My work as an artist is not limited to the medium of photography, but is photography centric. I currently have a photography lab in the artist residence space, Ouriço. I am interested in making both the knowledge & space accessible for printing Black and White images.

The focus of the workshop is with Black and White 35mm negative printing. I will accept 5-6 participants in the workshop. In the workshop, participants will work together on a collaborative photoshoot, learn to develop the black and white film, and then go through the black and white printing process of the images. The images printed in this workshop will be scanned and minted into a collaborative NFT series.

BUDGET PROPOSAL:

Film
-Illford HP5 35mm B&W film: 8 euros
-D-76 Kodak (film developer): 12 euros
Total: 20 euros

Paper
-Adox Matte 18x24: 15 euros
-Kentmere 8x10 (x2): 50 euros
Total: 65 euros

Chemicals:
(all ecological grade chemicals, safe to use and dispose of)

Developer:
-Adox Neutol Eco: 20 euros

Stop Bath:
Adox AdoStop eco: 15 euros

Fixer:
Fomafix Paper fixer: 5 euros

Total: 40 euros

Frames (x6): 35 euros

Facilitating of workshop: 75 euros

Scanning & Minting of NFTs: 50 euros

Grand Total: 285 euros = 300 USD

1 Like