[PROPOSAL] Art Exhibition & NFT series - Abia Karim

States of matter/ Estados da matéria
Exhibition & NFT Proposal

My name is Abia Karim, I am a Pakistani-American photographer based in Lisbon Portugal. My work as an artist is not limited to the medium of photography, but is photography centric. When taking portraits my preferable subject(s) are in integration with or provocation of other art forms( I.e. dance/music/performance)

This series called States of Matter that is about access to the body. It is the series I want to scan and mint and turn it into my first NFT series.

There are 12 photographs in total. Two moving images. Each piece is categorized into one of three states of matter (SOLID, LIQUID, & GAS). The size range of each piece in print is approximately 50x70cm.

My intention is to bring viewers on a journey with 4 femme bodies that are moving through different states of matter. The invisible self is accessed through the collaboration of a Jewelry designer NICCHIA. Her pieces transcend time and space. These cosmic necklaces are placed on the necks/throats symbolizing the truth. SOYA, BEA, LUZ, ELU. Each woman is dressed in a garb that reflects minimalism without needing the nudity to speak for their bodies. An experimental sound engineer will be enhancing the phase of each experience.

I was inspired by the element water. Water is the only common substance that is naturally found as a solid, liquid or gas.

I want the exhibition to reach the bodies of others, to create a visceral reaction. Posing the question to viewers: How do we relate our body to the 3 states of matter?

• A gas is a state of matter in which atoms or molecules have enough energy to move freely. The molecules come into contact with one another only when they randomly collide. Forces between atoms or molecules are not strong enough to hold them together.
  • A liquid is a state of matter in which atoms or molecules are constantly in contact but have enough energy to keep changing positions relative to one another. Forces between atoms or molecules are strong enough to keep the molecules relatively close together but not strong enough to prevent them from moving past one another.
  • A solid is a state of matter in which atoms or molecules do not have enough energy to move. They are constantly in contact and in fixed positions relative to one another. Forces between atoms or molecules are strong enough to keep the molecules together and to prevent them from moving past one another.

Material/Funding Request

Fames-- $250

Scanning and preparing to mint NFT- $150

Food and drink for event- $50

Musical Performance- $75

Photo chemicals- $25

Total- $550

3 Likes