New Opening Posting: Pollster [Open]

Who is NDC GWG?

The NEAR Digital Collective (NDC) is an ambitious project that brings together users, projects, stakeholders, and partners of the NEAR ecosystem to create a radically new way of governing itself.

The Governance Working Group (GWG) is a community-led working group that creates evolving governance models and frameworks for adoption by the NDC.

About the position

We’re looking for a Pollster to join our team. You will play a critical role in capturing the collective voice and sentiment of the community and working groups. If you’re a person who values accuracy, integrity, and has a knack for understanding and analyzing community sentiment, this role is for you.

Responsibilities

You will work closely with the community and working groups to design, implement, and manage all polling activities across the NDC’s ecosystem.

• Designing comprehensive and unbiased polls.
  • Implementing and managing polling activities.
  • Utilizing decentralized polling applications such as Easy Poll.
  • Integrating human verification methods like “I am human”.
  • Deploying minor polls via communication platforms such as Telegram, Discord, and the Near Governance Forum.
  • Analyzing and presenting polling data and results.

Skill and Qualifications

• Experience in polling methodologies and data analysis.
  • Familiarity with decentralized polling applications.
  • Excellent communication and presentation skills.
  • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
  • Familiarity with NEAR ecosystem is a plus.
  • Understanding of governance models and frameworks.
  • Proficiency in using communication platforms such as Telegram, Discord, and forums.

What we offer:

• 100% remote work
  • Work with a top performing team
  • Collaborate with well-known blockchain teams
  • Be a part of something great
  • Get into the core of the growing NDC ecosystem

Your work within GWG for the first few months will be on a recurring monthly bounty basis.

How to apply:

• Email your resume to near.ndc.gwg@gmail.com. In the email provide information about your polling experience, understanding of governance models, and your familiarity with NEAR ecosystem if any.
  • Please also submit your request for consideration here on the NEAR Governance Forum, as a reply to this post, and provide information about your polling experience, understanding of governance models, and your familiarity with NEAR ecosystem.
9 Likes

Dear NDC GWG Team,

I am writing to express my interest in the Pollster position (although I would rename it to “Community/NDC Opinion Analyst” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::woman_shrugging:t5::pray:t4:).

With a robust understanding of governance models and comprehensive experience in the NEAR ecosystem, I am uniquely prepared to capture and analyze the collective voice and sentiment of the community (although I’m sure others are uniquely prepared in other ways :eyes:).

During my time as the Adoption Lead for the NEAR Foundation, I utilized on-chain voting data to make informed decisions, leading to the successful initiation and growth of the Creatives DAO. Moreover, as Founder and Director of the Marma J Foundation, I have consistently integrated community sentiment into our decision-making process, most recently during the organization of the inaugural MARMA J CON.

In both these roles, I have effectively deployed polls via communication platforms such as Telegram, Discord, and various forums, aligning with the requirement for experience in managing polling activities and familiarity with such platforms.

Beyond my practical experience, my academic background includes a Master’s degree in Sport Psychology and certifications as a Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) and a SAFe® 5 Agilist. These credentials ensure my ability to present polling data and results compellingly and manage any associated projects efficiently.

I am excited by the opportunity to contribute to the NDC’s mission in a significant way and to collaborate with a top-performing team in shaping the future of the growing NDC ecosystem.

Resume:

Objective
To apply my expertise in polling methodologies, data analysis, and understanding of governance models as the Pollster at NEAR NDC GWG, bringing my extensive experience in the NEAR ecosystem and leveraging my communication and presentation skills.

Education
Master’s in Sport Psychology
Lock Haven University, Pennsylvania

Certifications
Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®)
SAFe® 5 Agilist Certification

Professional Experience

Director and Founder (2023 - Present)
Browns Avenue Consulting Inc.

• Establishing a non-profit organization aimed at supporting local youth tech entrepreneurs and the annual MARMA J CON hackathon

Co-Founder and Director (2019 - Present)
Marma J Foundation

• Started as a simple project focused on leveraging web3 tech for social good.
  • Hosted the inaugural MARMA J CON in 2023 - Antigua & Barbuda with various local partners.
  • Co-lead the Marma J DAO and support the 8-member subDAO ecosystem.

Research Intern (2022 - 2023)
Uncloak

• Contributed to and led projects in the cryptography research and education startup

Adoption Lead (2021 - 2022)
Community Team | NEAR Foundation

• Led and directed global communities
    initiated and grew the Creatives DAO, which became the first official grassroots DAO of the NDC
  • Utilized on-chain voting to make informed decisions

Community Facilitator (2020-2021)
Mintbase

• Facilitated the Createbase Guild (later to become the Creatives DAO), a group dedicated to supporting projects being built on the Mintbase/NEAR platform

Research Intern (2020)
HashCloak

• Participated in validator privacy research focusing on the Ethereum protocol

Skills

• Cryptography research
  • Data analysis and interpretation
  • Team leadership and project management
  • Public speaking and community education
  • Proficient in various NEAR protocol-specific tools, Telegram, other socials, and Discourse (the governance forum)

Languages
English: Proficient

14 Likes

You have my support Chloe.
Your ability is not a doubt.

2 Likes