About the project
NEARxPublish, a new nexus point between the digital and physical—original #NEAR publications and boundary-advancing media for the growing #NEARprotocol Ecosystem. We are a creatively driven DAO that’s dedicated to working with the brightest creatives in the NEAR community to reach new and established audiences with original stories and publications, while exploring the Phygital—original publications and cutting-edge media for the expanding the NEAR Ecosystem; crossing and bridging digital media to physical merchandise and back.
Astro-DAO address : publishing-house.sputnik-dao.near
About the team
WolfwoodShjnji writer, editor, nature lover, nerd. Involved as an enthusiast in the Open Forest Community
Neentae is a finance professional by day with 10+ years of accounting and grant management experience. Mixed-media artist and musician by night. Crypto enthusiast, investor, and collector. Epoxy Resin hobbyist with a focus on flower preservation. Urban gardener. Content creator & event organizer for NEARxPublish.
Anoakeye, co-founder of NEARxPublish, is a multi-chain NFT graphic artist and art director with over 20 years graphic design, social marketing, and publishing experience focusing on outreach, people power, and community change. Currently working with Croncat.
Samtoshi_F_Baby, co-founder of NEARxPublish, is an independent comic book & NFT artist, Colorist & letterer for the Bob Boom! comic on Paras, creative director for Quantum Economics, & a moderator for the Open Web Sandbox team.
Our vision, goals, and objectives
To create a multi-faceted publication and printing service that utilizes various resources across the NEAR ecosystem to provide a network of support for creators.
We see this culminating in an array of blockchain-based, NFT-related products created and marketed through emerging channels of our own development, plus partnerships with various NEAR guilds and platforms. These efforts will in turn rally the incoming community members, help drive use of creative applications and create opportunities for creators and creative thinkers to make contributions on chain.
One tentpole concept is to work with a growing family of artists, writers, designers, and developers to build a collection of recognizable characters and series, much like The Marvel Comics Universe, Harry Potter, or Pokemon, but on the NEAR blockchain. By creating accessible media pillars through a variety of channels that already exist in our ecosystem—NFT, Video, Audio, Metaverse—we hope to build a legitimate foundation of support for ongoing titles and publications. Another aspect of this endeavor is the crossing back and forth between digital and printed content, which will involve the exploration of new types of multimedia integration. This will involve a coalition of creative, developmental, and production talent within and around the blockchain. Collaboration is Key.
Following are a few ways we plan to achieve this.
- Be the “phygical’ umbrella for all things publication, printing, minting, and meeting NEAR! Anoakeye has years of experience working in the printing industry and creative space which will be very valuable in terms of his contributions to the DAO. He also runs a print shop which we will be using as a vehicle to build and test some of our solutions around with the idea of engaging and involving a global network of publishers and creators both digital and physical via NEAR.
- Creating a community of creatives and world building enthusiasts to help create universes of characters and storyline by holding monthly and weekly contests to push forward collaboration.
- Create a monthly preview anthology series NFT book showcasing the collaborative efforts of the community of creators.
Experiment with applying blockchain technology to create ways to bridge the gap between physical (keychains, cards, prints, comics stickers, etc) and digital media via NFTs, smart, DAOs, QR codes, and other NEAR based tools.
- Plan on holding monthly virtual/in person meet ups. We will also be using the print shop, which has gathering spaces, to deliver themed workshops and creative sessions focused on NEAR.
- For 2022, Having Booths at SDNFT Con, SD Comic Con, Designer Con, NEAR Con and potentially much more.
- Documenting via video the first year of the formation of our guild and producing the first ever Documentary as an NFT on the NEAR blockchain.
We appreciate all the support and invite everyone to connect with us, our Twitter is @nearxpublish and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you