Monthly Report OWS [November]

Dear community,

In this overview, I would like to report on the progress OWS has done in the month of November.

1. Social media

• Discord (2616 members, 35%+ since October)
  • Twitter ( 2712 followers, 25% since October)
  • Youtube (76 subscribers, 38%+ since October)
  • Medium (34 followers, 21%+ since October)

2. Events:

Weekly AMA’s: 3 AMA’s hosted weekly (all can be found on YT channel)

3. Projects that engaged with the OWS in October-November

As of now, it is also possible to check out all the current projects in the integrated dashboard here: Projects Dashboard

I would also like to share feedback projects have left to OWS for improvement purposes. We highly appreciate this input because it gives us important sights into how to become more efficient in the future.

Although the feedback is mostly positive, there have been mentions about the complexity of the payout process (and confusion that comes with it) back from the summer. We have taken this into consideration and have given special attention to simplifying the payout process in the new roadmap.

4. Internal updates

4. Challenges

• Some concerns have been raised earlier this month about the quality of work submitted to OWS. While we are trying to reward the efforts of contributors, it is extremely challenging oftentimes to reject claims or assess an accurate reward that should be given to the particular person. Before this month, feedback has always been given to contributors in private, however now we are changing our strategy - both negative and positive feedback about work submitted will be provided on the forum to increase transparency. We believe that rejection alone will not do the magic. Providing personalized feedback with tips and tricks on how to improve might be a useful tool for the new community members to learn from peers and avoid the same mistakes. In the month of November, we had 131 submissions (list available here ) and @vrdoingthings @Jacopo @AnaNastya @FritzWorm @williamx @p0k @Monish016 provided individual feedback to every single contributor. With that, we hope to be one step closer to transforming contributors’ effort into real value for the ecosystem. That being said, out team’s resources are still limited in time and energy, so if you are coming across an OWS contributor’s proposal and you feel like providing constructive feedback that can help someone deliver better job, please do so! If experienced, successful community leaders would leave one line of advice to the newcomer when possible, that will make a huge impact! Thank you @Grace for sharing your feedack here and introducing new traditions!

Best,
Sofia

2 Likes

Dear @Sofia_Alum thank You for information, but I couldn’t find

information about these great guys.

@p0k claims reviews?
@Samtoshi_F_Baby ?
@videvidts claims reviews?
@AnaNastya claims reviews?

Did you get proposals from Near Community which I collected together (multiple messages from members)and sent to @vrdoingthings ? What do you think about it?

@Grace I sent them 10 proposals.

Best regards