Time: October 03 - October 10
If you have any questions would like to discuss, please feel free to contact Tiffany(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- MAD had a slight increase reaching 998 devs. Weekly active developers experienced some decrease but also increased back to previous level, showing continuous developer attention.
- Ref Farm was successful in gaining usage by looking at transactions.
- nearpunk and linkdrop campaign continued to prove to be successful and effective in driving traffic and account creation for NEAR.
- Traffic from Indonesia increased by 40% with NEAR being featured in Indodax, in addition, traffic China from both Zhihu and Baidu increased last week, showing successful marketing efforts in Asia.
Many of these are key contributing factors to the data changes last week
- OIN Finance x Metapool NFT Giveaway
- Aurora announced DAO creation
- Open Forest x NEAR Partnership Announcement
- NEAR University announcement
- NEAR WEEK discord launch NFT Giveaway
For more comprehensive information around NEAR Ecosystem, check NEAR WEEK and subscribe
MAD Internal (based on CLI data in the last 30 days)
Monthly Active Developer maintained at the level of almost 1000 with slight increase up to the level of 998 in the past week. This is a result of the hackathon dev counts and new devs joining and starting to develop recently from all the partnerships and events.
Daily Number of New Accounts
Daily account creation level remained stable from previous weeks, continuing to manifest a consistent growth of the ecosystem.
From the breakdown below, besides the usual dominance of undefined and google, we can see an increase from telegram and learnnear.club. In addition, we can see the pop of zhihu(forum in China) as a top 10 source as well as nearpunks.io which is a chance to get an Ape in the NEAR ecosystem. This shows the increased diversity of referral to NEAR from the Chinese community as well as the successful initiatives/campaigns in the ecosystem.
Daily Number of Transactions
Daily transactions last week went up to 300k and decreased to around 200k by the end of the week.
From the contracts breakdown, we can see that we have the usual leading contracts, including nearcrowd, ref, near, and bridge. One thing to notice is that ref farming is performing well after the launch from last week, showing effective engagements of DeFi initiatives.
- Note: The percentages next to the numbers are the comparisons to pervious week(7 days ago), with green showing increase and red showing decrease.
Daily New Developers
A small spike took place on October 8th, which does not currently have a clear indicator of what drives this increase.
Weekly Active Developer Internal & Weekly Active Dev-deploy/Deploy
From CLI data in the last 30 days Weekly
Weekly active developer and dev-deploy/deploy experienced some slight decrease and then increased back to the level of 350 and 150. However, we can see that dev-deploy/deploy did not increase as much compared to weekly active devs. This could potentially a result of new developers joining for explore or dapp usage or validators joining the ecosystem.
Near.org Top of Funnel Traffic Snapshot
The traffic decreased by 11% last week compared to the previous week.
From the country breakdown, we can see that traffic from Indonesia increased by 40%, as the only one from top 10 country sources. Combined with the source breakdown of 453 from https://blog.indodax.com/ below, we can conclude that this increase traffic from Indonesia is a result of NEAR being featured and promoted by this site.
NEAR Price in the last 30 Days
NEAR price remained mostly stable at around $7.5 last week.