[ IDEA ] DAO Funding Tier System

Hello NEAR. I’ve been analyzing the development of DAOs over time, and there is some pattern happening, even with big differences between them, some aspects are common.
We could create a package, for initial funding, limited to 2,000 usd - 3,000 usd at the beginning, scaling in development, aiming to facilitate and transform this process into something more standardized, making it easy to follow and learn. For example.
An initial project with some significant reach (100 - 300 people) costs around 1500 usd - 2500 usd. A party, an event, some media project, things like that, that have cool feedback, a quick response and also a good impact on the ecosystem. Marketing, membership, etc.

There is a demand, in the initial phase, ( tier 1 ) as Logo Creation for example with a floor of 150 usd.

There are the early onboarding projects, which easily reach 30 - 50 new wallets, with tipbot, close distribution to newcomers to help them mint, etc. 200 usd - 300 usd

And a management and creation of basic social networks, which already has some cool strategies, with solid results out there. This can range from 200 - 400 usd

To help newcomers, daos, NF could create this package, to support these basic needs.

At level 2, for example, there is the development of the NEAR HUB room, a simple website, video material, and so on. More complex marketing projects, focused on dissemination on social networks, investing in the development of art, etc.

Creating a pattern can help minimize the time spent checking each new project, plus they’re easy to track, so new DAOs can also be more comfortable on the learning curve…

There are also some groups formed with consistent design, marketing and idea development teams, etc. Like the Near Design Guild, our Decentralized Creative Studio, WORKSHIP, the NxM community, and so on. They could have different versions for more specific projects, like the metaverse, or things outside the creative field as well.

My English is not the best, I hope I was clear.

I would like to hear feedbacks, I think it can help a lot who is arriving, transforming this initial discomfort into a more friendly experience, and consequently, facilitating the adhesion.

Portuguese version:

Olá NEAR. Venho analisando o desenvolvimento das DAOs ao longo do tempo, e há algum padrão acontecendo, mesmo com grandes diferenças entre elas, alguns aspectos são comuns.
Poderiamos criar um pacote, para financiamento inicial, limitado a 2.000 usd - 3.000 usd no início, escalando no desenvolvimento, visando facilitar e transfomar esse processo numa coisa mais padronizada, ficando facil de acompanhar eaprender. Por exemplo.
Um projeto inicial com algum alcance significativo (100 - 300 pessoas) custa cerca de 1500 usd - 2500 usd. Uma festa, um evento, algum projeto de mídia, coisas assim, que tenham um feedback legal, uma resposta rápida e tbm um bom impacto no ecossistema. Marketing, adesao, etc.

Existe uma demanda, na fase inicial, ( tier 1 ) como Criação de Logo por exemplo com um piso de 150 usd.

Existem os projetos de integração inicial, que facilmente chegam a 30 - 50 novas carteiras, com tipbot, perto de distribuição para recém-chegados para ajudá-los a cunhar, etc. 200 usd - 300 usd

E uma gestão e criação de redes sociais básicas, que já conta com algumas estratégias bacanas, com resultados sólidos por aí. Isso pode variar de 200 - 400 usd

Para ajudar os recém-chegados, daos, a NF poderia criar este pacote, para dar suporte a essas necessidades básicas.

No nível 2, por exemplo, há o desenvolvimento da sala NEAR HUB, um site simples, material de vídeo e assim por diante. Projetos de marketing mais complexos, focados em divulgação nas redes sociais, investindo no desenvolvimento de arte, etc.

A criação de um padrão pode ajudar a minimizar o tempo gasto verificando cada novo projeto, alem de serem fáceis de rastrear, então novos daos também podem ficar mais confortáveis ​​na curva de aprendizado…

Existem também alguns grupos formados com equipes consistentes de desenvolvimento de design, marketing e ideias, etc. Como o Near Design Guild, nosso Estúdio Criativo Descentralizado, WORKSHIP, a comunidade da NxM e assim por diante. Poderiam ter versoes variadas pra projetos mais especificos, como o metaverso, ou coisas fora do campo criativo tambem.

Meu ingles nao e dos melhores, espero ter sido claro.

Gostaria de ouvir feedbacks, acho que pode ajudar bastante quem esta chegando, transforma esse desconforto inicial numa experiencia mais amigavel, e consequentemente, facilitando a adesao.

The Clan Guild
@whoiscavenaghi
@brunoqual
@duOCELOT

I will tag some people
@David_NEAR
@Dacha
@shreyas
@Grace
@frado
@Mayur
@vandal

This is an initial idea

Create a package for funding.
2000 usd package, get fund for a simple logo, a onboard fund to help 50 people with their wallet costs and funds to cover a initial idea, and a simple marketing management.

dont include council wage ( maybe 30% creatives council proposal ?) or any other management rewards. its for cost support only.

6 Likes

I like the idea of a “launchpad” package for new guilds/daos to get them on their feet. funding could go towards experienced near ecosystem members assisting in various aspects of their needs. I was thinking maybe Flying Rhino or another to help with Socials, or even a series of workshops from relevant guilds/daos. Maybe there’s room for OWS to help as well.

I think if this is broken down into areas of focus (art, culture, music, dev, writing…) it could be packaged and themed with all the participants added and funding allocated for their participation.

Could be worthwhile to expand on this idea :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So sorry Dear, but i´m not agree with ceiling a minimum onboarding. So sorry!
Perdão

1 Like

The constructive feedback is:
Amazing an idea of launchpad, at level 1 and level 2. For me, is perfect! Incredible analyze!
You got a vision and be a genius. Amazing :heart_eyes: :fist_right:t5: :fist_left:t5:

1 Like

ceiling a minimun onboarding? this is about create a package for funding. 2000 usd package, get fund for a simple logo, a onboard fund to help 50 people with their wallet costs and funds to cover a initial idea, and a simple marketing management. it dont include council wage, or anything like that. its for cost support.

Re-write with this:
this is about create a package for funding. 2000 usd package, get fund for a simple logo, a onboard fund to help 50 people with their wallet costs and funds to cover a initial idea, and a simple marketing management. it dont include council wage, or anything like that. its for cost support.

it´s the perfect point!

1 Like

thanl you for your feedback (:

1 Like

I have some similar ideas , flat rates for social media management for Guilds and community members depends on their tier :blush:

1 Like

this way it can be scalable with a developing and learning curve

1 Like

DAOs and initiatives tend to be funded on an ad-hoc basis, particularly in the early stages, for a reason.

Not all DAOs, Guilds, and projects require the same level of funding, nor do they have the same wider needs.

Funding verticals have the autonomy to determine what should and shouldn’t be funded, alongside the Community. Personally, I don’t see the way forward being a guaranteed package for DAO creators.

Rather, funding requests should be assessed on a rolling basis and take into account a huge variety of factors, including (and IMO importantly) the experience the proposers have within the NEAR Ecosystem.

its more like an option, a template of a funding package to be choosed, if, not a obligation.

for example, a new community have a dao, more focused at poetry or writing and they dont know how the system works, or even about crypto.

but they wants to build.

they will need to have their mission, values, roadmap, planning, onboard system, marketing, social media, telegram, forum, astrodao, and so on.

they will need the support to every step of it.

so, having some packages options, to guide then at an initiation, and start building relation with the community, can be a tool that gives support.

the new poetry dao need to understand the funding, so it means astrodao, proposal at forum, agenda, and how they can help building the ecosystem, being part, generate revenue, propaganda, etc.

so theres an simples option (for example)

a basic social package 1:

• simple logo creation;
  • social medias #1;
  • onboarding support #1;

This will lead to a bounty system, using the forum, and connecting with the community.

They will need help to set up the social media basics, so it can be direceted to groups that have that knowledgment.

The onboard funding, will help then grow the community.

This can be benefit to a mass adoption, and generate economic value trough the community.

Its easier to track, generate connection, etc.

yes, this is supposed to happen after this is resolved, for sure.