GOL NFT: generative art

GOL (game of life) NFT dapp:

The Game of Life, also known simply as Life, is a cellular automaton. It is a zero-player game, meaning that its evolution is determined by its initial state, requiring no further input.

I want to make an NFT dapp that creates NFT for every generation.

Players can call smart contract to get a new NFT. These NFTs will be the stored on-chain.

This is project is inspired by “Autoglyphs” so I’ll add some projects in near ecosystem which will get the amount players pay to mint NFT.

There will be project list which will be controlled by owner. Owner can only add the projects. Donations to project will be kept in rotation after every 10 generations, project which we are donating to will change.

Steps after MVP:

1. Add royalty mechanism for donations.:

2. After first sale, 10% of consecutive sales will go to project.

3. Add price cap such that every sale should be more than previous one.

4. If someone wants to their money to go to particular project they have to pay fee to make that happen this will be stored in contract.

5. Add some fee structure to maintain NEAR tokens for storage staking as this will consume on-chain storage.

Afterwards may be this can evolve into something more useful than actually I imagined it to be. May some DAO to decide projects on the list.

What is game of life?

The Game of Life, also known simply as Life, is a cellular automaton. It is a zero-player game, meaning that its evolution is determined by its initial state, requiring no further input.

There are simple rule which is followed to creates this. These simple rules can create many amazing patterns.

3 Likes

Fun idea! I gave it a thumbs up over on sputnik:

https://www.sputnik.fund/#/dao/generative-art.sputnikdao.near/proposals/6

I like the idea of encorporating a DAO to decide what projects to list. You could also use the DAO to determine the donation target.

Looking forward to seeing the next steps for this project!

2 Likes

Yeah instead of creating DAO I can use the sputnik DAO and people who have bought the NFTs previously can vote on that.

1 Like

Thanks for the proposal!

In AssemblyScript you can find my code here that reproduces Autoglyphs.

In my case, I picked that the cost to mint a SHARE is 1 NEAR that also mints a social token, and then a good chunk of royalties for secondary sales go to YSN treasury.

Looking forward to the next step to see how you want to structure this, lots of creative possibilities.

Approved!

1 Like

Thanks for approving the proposal. I took a look at the repo.

3 Likes