Filipino Artist Guild - Biweekly Art Challenge | Week 19-20

GM, fam! Here’s my entry. I turned Tandang Sora to a modern doctor/scientist. Hope you like it!

Melchora Aquino was a Philippine heroine, commonly referred to as “Mother of the Philippine Revolution". She also became known to many of the Philippine revolutionary soldiers as Tandang Sora, an acknowledgement of her wisdom and seniority and is considered a counterpart to British nurse Florence Nightingale (J. Seltzer, 2021).

She used her store as a means to provide medical care to
the soldiers who were fighting in the war. She not only provided them medical care, but she also provided them encouragement through prayer.
She is best remembered for her heroics during the revolution and is memorialized in many ways in recognition of her contributions (YourDictionary).

elvatar02.near

8 Likes

Melchora Aquino de Ramos was a Filipino revolutionary who became known as “Tandang Sora” because of her age during the Philippine Revolution. She was known as the “Grand Woman of the Revolution” and the “Mother of Balintawak” for her contributions

Modern Melchora Aquino as one of the Influencers and Kpop fan as this generation revolves in Social Media and Kpops.

amazinggrace011522.near

4 Likes

General Antonio Luna (October 29, 1866 – June 5, 1899) was a Filipino army general who served in the Philippine-American War.
He was a complex man who was a soldier, chemist, musician, war strategist, journalist, pharmacist, and hot-headed general. He is regarded as one of the most ferocious generals of his generation, succeeding Artemio Ricarte as Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces of the Philippines. Unfortunately, the Philippines’ ruthless first president, Emilio Aguinaldo, saw him as a threat.
Filipinos remember General Antonio Luna as a brilliant, brave soldier and tactician of the Revolution’s second phase, as well as the proverbial hothead, but never as an outstanding scientist.
I created this artwork to honor Mr. Luna’s bravery during the battle between Filipinos and Americans. I created this using modernized designs, outfits, and firearms, which resulted in this masterpiece. And I’m proud to say that I created this artwork specifically for our hero.

jlord.near

5 Likes

Teenage Lapu ²

a modern look’s of lapu lapu with a filipino smile.

ashiya.near

7 Likes

Her account is onhold

Heneral Luna on his day off playing his favorite warfare game on his computer. The rages and curses never left his personality even if it’s today’s modern society.

Wallet ID: pemmiee.near

5 Likes

Gabriela Silang with her headphones, enjoying the peace of music.

gwyne.near

3 Likes

The Sublime Paralytic

One of the greatest minds of war in the country, mocked as the “Brains of the Revolution” and “Sublime Paralytic”, no one can deny that Apolinario Mabini is deserving to be a symbol of patriotism and heroism. Despite suffering from Polio, Mabini managed to contribute to the country using his legal knowledge and participation in the revolution. If he was alive today, he will receive the utmost care from the medical community and will likely benefit from the technological and scientific advancements of our time to combat the virus. He can undergo therapy and take medical drugs that will lessen his pain from the disease. He can now stop using remedies that are not proven by science. That is why I drew him into much more comfortable healthcare equipment, an electric wheelchair, still giving knowledge to other aspiring lawyers that look up to him. He is a reminder that everyone can contribute to the country’s well-being in their way. A dedicated and persevering man that future generations of Filipinos will look up to.

NEAR ID: klaynramos.near

6 Likes

Jose Rizal as an Artist

Jose Rizal was an artist of high caliber. In his lifetime, he produced no less than 110 works of art: 8 paintings, 51 sketches, 46 sculptures, 2 engineering plans, and 3 maps.
He began showing his artistic skills at age 5, surprising his kin with sketches and clay models.
Among his better known works of art are the portraits of Segunda Katigbak and Leonor Rivera, two of his early loves; the curtain art of Dapitan church (1894); Christ Crucified in crayon (1875); painting of Immaculate Conception (1874); the sculptures “Triumph of Death Over Life” and “Triumph of Science Over Death” in clay; two copies of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in wood and terra cotta; the image of Virgin Mary in wood; the plan for a water system in Dapitan and for a college in Paris.
Among his favorite subjects are women, religion, his friends, and places and people he encountered during his travels.

baby_lilith.near

3 Likes

If one of our national heroes, Dr. Jose Rizal was living in the modern world, he might be a great journalist. A journalist with integrity, courage and boldness to present reliable information with the use of media.

krizzy.near

2 Likes

Dr. Jose Rizal, who’s one of the many Filipino historical figures who fought for our freedom is mourning on the problems that the Filipino people are facing in modern society.

jovi_sprksntp.near

4 Likes

Melchora Aquino operated a store, which became a refuge for the sick and wounded revolutionaries providing them with medical support, a safe refuge, and motherly care. She supported the Katipuneros at the risk of her own life. So I chose her as a modern nurse, because like her time, she helped and gave medicine to those in need. Nurse Melchy is the example of modern heroes in our generation like Tandang Sora in her time.

mhiemhie.near

7 Likes

Here’s my interpretation of Lapu Lapu if he lives in todays society. Thank you again for the opportunity.

hndcraft.near

5 Likes

Untitled118_20220812231123

jariavex.near

Heres Sultan Kudarat using hes phone to check out musics that he hear from his parents at the year 1591 and trying out to be one of the LRT commuters at the busy city of manila​:light_rail::city_sunset::iphone:

4 Likes

So many good entries! Good luck everyone!

7 Likes

Everyone!

We’d like to thank you all for participating in our bi-weekly art challenge, Week 19 to 20. And now, we would like to announce our winners for this week’s challenge. With the theme of “PH Nat’l Heroes into Modern Society,” herewith is the list of winners who accumulated the highest scores.

1st: @swilart2.near - 125 DAI
2nd: @ashiya - 100 DAI
3rd: @elvatar02.near - 75 DAI
4th: @krizzy - 50 DAI
5th: @mdsign - 30 DAI
6th: @cedrick.near - 20 DAI

Congratulations to our winners! You may now propose on our Astrodao to get your rewards.

5 Likes

Congratulations :tada: :tada::tada::clap: to all the winners :sparkles:, all entries were so amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you Filipino artist guild :fire:

1 Like

Thank you so much, FAG and to the community. Also, congratulations to all of the winners; you’re all doing fantastic! :heart::fire:

2 Likes