[Event Proposal] University of Lagos Live music & Onboarding Eventh

Lagos is the musical hub of Africa and I am privileged to be born here, my name is Akeem also known as Larkim and I have been in the music scene since I was in the womb. This passion of mine originated from my dad who is into music and I remember my mum telling me I kicked in the womb every time my dad played music.

I am a musical artist, lyricist, creative, and generally a lover of music; I have positioned myself well to be surrounded by fellow creatives. I am into music and also studying music at the University of Lagos (Music hub of Africa). Over the years I have won the heart of music lovers worldwide by consistently creating and putting out music, with over 700,000 streams on all my music across all streaming platform. I also worked with 2 Big names in Afrobeat Music (Olakira and Dotman) on a song I released last year titled Banke. I also released a new e.p titled Reality cheque on the 10th of December. I’m passionate about my craft, I can sacrifice everything to make it work.
Staging a music and dance concert in the creative arts department in the University of Lagos, a place filled with creatives from all walks of life. I intend to educate, inform and open a near wallet for everyone in attendance; giving people proper sensitization on NFts and how they can benefit from it as a creative this will go a long way in creating awareness and building a life time of users who will in turn spread the word. This orientation will be done by two volunteers from the NXMGUILD that is based in Lagos,

I believe I am best equipped to carry out the nearcon and NXM GUILD vision as I am not only a musician myself but I am surrounded by musicians and I speak the language that musicians understand and I am intertwined deeply in the industry.

Without implementing any marketing strategy, I partnered with the Afrikaburn community around September this year, under the supervision of Claudia, to build the Afrikaburn music store. I single handedly brought in over 20 musicians, we currently have over 50 musical content on the store and I did this in the span of one week.

Very recently in December 11, 2021, I was hosted at an event, where I performed on stage with over 300 people in attendance dancing and enjoying my newly released EP of songs. I strongly believe that when passion is fueled with recognition and encouragement, it yields a better outcome.
Here’s a link to the video of my performance:

https://www.instagram.com/larkimolorin/reel/CXZCNeUlQyL/?utm_medium=copy_link

I believe the best form of connection is human interaction and I am positioned in a department where I interact daily with fellow creatives, I am the best person to bring this vision alive because word of mouth supersedes any other form of marketing.

The idea is to create a chain reaction where one creative brings in others and for starters I have more than 300 original creative in my department ranging from first year creatives to final year creatives. This initial number has the potential to grow at a minimum to 1000 and even bigger.
There will be a singing competition which will be promoted alongside the event, and it will be held on the day of the event, the winner wins 80$ in near… 40$ in His/Her near wallet,and 40 dollars to produce a song, I will handle the mixing , mastering and artwork for the song, The song will be done exclusively as NFTS for NXM store…
There will be a constant weekly rehearsals by me and my band members to prepare for the show…our rehearsal videos will be minted as NFTS , exclusive to NXM
The video coverage of the event will also be minted as NFts, (highlight of the performances, singing competition, dance, and drama).
The event will be held on the 25th of March 2022, immediately after our first semester exams, which is the best date to host an event in my school…and also because we need time to plan , rehearse and promote the event properly. As it’s going to be a big Event.
A strong ambassador is needed to portray the near and NXM vision in a good image and I possess all the qualities needed as I am a people-person, cheerful, understand the mission and vison and I can bring that to life.
Here is a breakdown of the cost of what we need to bring this vision to life.

main content

NEAR Forum

[Event Proposal] University of Lagos Live music & Onboarding Event

CreativesNxM Guild (Near x Music)

proposals[nxm-dao](https://gov.ne

5d

Lagos is the musical hub of Africa and I am privileged to be born here, my name is Akeem also known as Larkim and I have been in the music scene since I was in the womb. This passion of mine originated from my dad who is into music and I remember my mum telling me I kicked in the womb every time my dad played music.

I am a musical artist, lyricist, creative, and generally a lover of music; I have positioned myself well to be surrounded by fellow creatives. I am into music and also studying music at the University of Lagos (Music hub of Africa). Over the years I have won the heart of music lovers worldwide by consistently creating and putting out music, with over 700,000 streams on all my music across all streaming platform. I also worked with 2 Big names in Afrobeat Music (Olakira and Dotman) on a song I released last year titled Banke. I also released a new e.p titled Reality cheque on the 10th of December. I’m passionate about my craft, I can sacrifice everything to make it work.
Staging a music and dance concert in the creative arts department in the University of Lagos, a place filled with creatives from all walks of life. I intend to educate, inform and open a near wallet for everyone in attendance; giving people proper sensitization on NFts and how they can benefit from it as a creative this will go a long way in creating awareness and building a life time of users who will in turn spread the word. This orientation will be done by two volunteers from the NXMGUILD that is based in Lagos,

I believe I am best equipped to carry out the nearcon and NXM GUILD vision as I am not only a musician myself but I am surrounded by musicians and I speak the language that musicians understand and I am intertwined deeply in the industry.

Without implementing any marketing strategy, I partnered with the Afrikaburn community around September this year, under the supervision of Claudia, to build the Afrikaburn music store. I single handedly brought in over 20 musicians, we currently have over 50 musical content on the store and I did this in the span of one week.

Very recently in December 11, 2021, I was hosted at an event, where I performed on stage with over 300 people in attendance dancing and enjoying my newly released EP of songs. I strongly believe that when passion is fueled with recognition and encouragement, it yields a better outcome.
Here’s a link to the video of my performance:

https://www.instagram.com/larkimolorin/reel/CXZCNeUlQyL/?utm_medium=copy_link

I believe the best form of connection is human interaction and I am positioned in a department where I interact daily with fellow creatives, I am the best person to bring this vision alive because word of mouth supersedes any other form of marketing.

The idea is to create a chain reaction where one creative brings in others and for starters I have more than 300 original creative in my department ranging from first year creatives to final year creatives. This initial number has the potential to grow at a minimum to 1000 and even bigger.
There will be a singing competition which will be promoted alongside the event, and it will be held on the day of the event, the winner wins 80$ in near… 40$ in His/Her near wallet,and 40 dollars to produce a song, I will handle the mixing , mastering and artwork for the song, The song will be done exclusively as NFTS for NXM store…
There will be a constant weekly rehearsals by me and my band members to prepare for the show…our rehearsal videos will be minted as NFTS , exclusive to NXM
The video coverage of the event will also be minted as NFts, (highlight of the performances, singing competition, dance, and drama).
The event will be held on the 25th of March 2022, immediately after our first semester exams, which is the best date to host an event in my school…and also because we need time to plan , rehearse and promote the event properly. As it’s going to be a big Event.
A strong ambassador is needed to portray the near and NXM vision in a good image and I possess all the qualities needed as I am a people-person, cheerful, understand the mission and vison and I can bring that to life.
Here is a breakdown of the cost of what we need to bring this vision to life.
My project is now divided into 3 phases with the following proposed completion time and action items:
The first phase:.
1)Renting of the Event Hall (200 dollars): is a big condusive hall with over 300 sitting capacity, full pictures and videos of the hall will be showned, I was given about 50% discount for the hall because I’m a student from the department…
2)
Graphics, fliers, ticket printer and social media awareness with my departmental president and 3 influencers from other departments : 100 dollars
3) Rehearsals with my band members and actors from my department ( video proof will be made in effect to this…we have to start rehearsals as quick as possible in order to give a Great and perfect show…( This involves renting of instruments and space for rehearsals,): I will handle this cost for the month of January…
All these will be achieved before January 29th…
I will be requesting a total of 300 dollars for the First phase
Phase 2:
Promotional video of me and my Band members and also all the performing arts for the event, the idea is to have every singer, dancer and actor performing have a good quality video showing a tip of what they have ,that they can promote to the fans,. each video will have a segment that promotes NXm and Nearcon.
There wld also be a video that promotes the singing competition where it will be said that the winner gets 80dollars in near and get a song on the NXm store, thereby creating awareness on Nearcon and NXm before the day of the event ::100 $

1. Rentage of live instruments and Rehearsal space for the remaining rehearsals before the show… 120$… 7.5near… ( this wld be achieved before the end of February… 2nd phrase :100$ + 120$: 220 dollars

3rd phase and Final phase ::
1)Sounds, light, projector, smoke and decorations for the event : 185$
2) 10 printed shirts for ushers and workers:: 100$ : 6.5 near.
3) payment of ushers and workers: 100$ : 6.5 near
4) singing competition : 80 $
3rd phase: 465 dollars.

I promise to put in my all, to make this event a very Great and successful one…This is definitely going to be a major move in promoting Near con and NFT, and I also see this as a big break for my career…
@vandal @Paul @zeitwarp
I’m happy to answer any further questions or concerns as I’m excited about this opportunity…
Thank you for your consideration.
Regards
As suggested by @Paul and @nullzero.I will also like to include that there would be a live streaming of the event on the metaverse space and also in the physical world to attract international audience,
There will also be a live streaming on some of our Rehearsals on the meterverse space. @vandal @Paul @nullzero @zeitwarp @chloe @Grace @Monish016
… Thank you

4 Likes

Thanks for your proposal @larkim. As mentioned in our DM my feeling is that requesting 2 months in advance for a proposal of this magnitude for the first time raises a few concerns. As you are pretty new to the NxM community it’s important to start slow and build your reputation first. There are many great things in your proposal and I think it’s awesome, but it’s our policy to only fund projects that will happen in the month of the funding round, and on occasion with established members of the community we can support multi-month proposals.

Would love some feedback from council members - @zeitwarp @chloe @Grace @nullzero @Paul @Monish016

2 Likes

In my opinion this can be divided into some phases, as the date of the event is planned for late March '22.

For example, the first phase - funding proposal for renting a hall and preparation of all promo flyers, tickets and videos. Those can be used till the premiere. Once you will receive a payout and complete the phase one, you should write a report what you did/accomplished etc.

After the report from completed phase one, you can request for funding for the phase two etc.

Above it’s only an example, however I believe that once you will divide your funding proposal into few phases, NxM will be keen to fund your event.

In general, I really like your idea @larkim ! Keep it up !

@vandal @Monish016 @nullzero @zeitwarp @chloe @Grace

2 Likes

yep, agreeed - @Vandal & @Pawel
Looks an interesting proposal on the surface…but maybe it would be a good idea to see you in the Community Calls and engaging with other NxM initiatives…rather than coming in on day one with a large proposal.
Is Marketing dao / onboarding a possibility here ?..

2 Likes

Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is well appreciated.

I understand your concerns but in reality I have the vision for this event for a long time.

I am a very visual person and the first time I stepped into the faculty of art at the university of Lagos all I could envision was bringing everybody together through some sort of event.

I believe two heads are better than one and I have taken your ideas into consideration.

My project is now divided into 3 phases with the following proposed completion time and action items:
The first phase:.
1)Renting of the Event Hall (200 dollars): is a big condusive hall with over 300 sitting capacity, full pictures and videos of the hall will be showned, I was given about 50% discount for the hall because I’m a student from the department…
2)
Graphics, fliers, ticket printer and social media awareness with my departmental president and 3 influencers from other departments : 100 dollars
3) Rehearsals with my band members and actors from my department ( video proof will be made in effect to this…we have to start rehearsals as quick as possible in order to give a Great and perfect show…( This involves renting of instruments and space for rehearsals,): I will handle this cost for the month of January…
All these will be achieved before January 29th…
I will be requesting a total of 300 dollars for the First phase
Phase 2:
Promotional video of me and my Band members and also all the performing arts for the event, the idea is to have every singer, dancer and actor performing have a good quality video showing a tip of what they have ,that they can promote to the fans,. each video will have a segment that promotes NXm and Nearcon.
There wld also be a video that promotes the singing competition where it will be said that the winner gets 80dollars in near and get a song on the NXm store, thereby creating awareness on Nearcon and NXm before the day of the event ::100 $

1. Rentage of live instruments and Rehearsal space for the remaining rehearsals before the show… 120$… 7.5near… ( this wld be achieved before the end of February… 2nd phrase :100$ + 120$: 220 dollars

3rd phase and Final phase ::
1)Sounds, light, projector, smoke and decorations for the event : 185$
2) 10 printed shirts for ushers and workers:: 100$ : 6.5 near.
3) payment of ushers and workers: 100$ : 6.5 near
4) singing competition : 80 $
3rd phase: 465 dollars.

@zeitwarp everyone will open a new wallet before the show starts as that will be a pass for the event, The show is organised at the department of creative arts, home of so many creatives that will be very much interested in creating NFts for NXm once given proper oriention…
I promise to put in my all, to make this event a very Great andsuccessful one…This is definitely going to be a major move in promoting Near con and NFT, and I also see this as a big break for my career…
@vandal @Paul @zeitwarp
I’m happy to answer any further questions or concerns as I’m excited about this opportunity…
Thank you for your consideration.
Regards
As suggested by @Paul and @nullzero.I will also like to include that there would be a live streaming of the event on the metaverse space and also in the physical world to attract international audience,
There will also be a live streaming on some of our Rehearsals on the meterverse space. @vandal @Paul @nullzero @zeitwarp @chloe @Grace @Monish016
… Thank you

2 Likes

Hey @larkim thank you for updating us in the comments. We would love to support this project and to let you know we have allocated $300 for Phase One. Can you please edit the main proposal with the update you’ve done in the comment so it’s easy to read and all in one place.

it’s also important to note that because this is a long-term project you should submit One “Report” proposal at the end of the month detailing the update, progress and use of the funds.

Looking forward to hearing from you on the upcoming community call!

4 Likes

Woow! I wld like to say a Big thank you to Nxm for believing in the vision…I promise to put in my full energy to make this a Great one …I have updated the main proposal and I will be joining all community meetings…
Thank you all…
@vandal @zeitwarp @Paul @Grace
@chloe

2 Likes

My dear Hakeem, without a cost, i can come to UNILAG in support of your project by delivering a short but comprehensive lecture about Decentralization, NFTs and how the NEAR Ecosystem is the best platform for newbies within these industries to identify with. Am happy with your foray into the ecosystem and I will like to support you in actualizing this project successfully, one love my friend

3 Likes

Best news Today…God bless you my brother… looking forward to having you :heart:

2 Likes

Hi, Nxm familie!! I would like to drop a few update on how the planning of my concert…
1).The hall for the concert has been booked, and we have a full support of a well known professors from the music department,(Dr seyi Kenny) He gave us space to rehearse at the music cubicle and also access to some of the music instruments…

2)I have started doing Rehearsals with my live band members… We have had 2 Rehearsals so far…

We are going to start a full social media campaign with videos, graphics .
and back to back Rehearsals and graphics for the moth of February…
Our first semester exams was postponed, so the event will no longer hold in March.The date of the event is now scheduled to mid April, immediately after our first semester exams… A Big Appreciation to Near and the NXm family for supporting this event. @vandal @Paul @zeitwarp @Monish016 @nullzero :white_heart:

4 Likes

Hi Nxm Familie,
I want to drop some few update on my Unilag event scheduled for sometime in April.

A lot of Rehearsals and publicity have been going on and as a result so manystudents are already looking forward to what the event is going to look like.

We graced an occasion on campus about a month ago, where me and my band members gave a very excellent performance.

This heightened the anticipation and created additional awareness as what to expect from our event.

As with every success comes challenges, so far our major obstacle for the concert is picking a date.

The concert was previously scheduled for April 15, but about 3 weeks ago the Academic state student union (ASUU) announced a one month warning strike across all federal and state universities in Nigeria, and just few days ago the strike was extended by 2months

The strike is because the federal government has refused to pay lectures their salaries and as a result classes and other activities on campus is being canceled.

Most student travel from far and wide to attend the school but because of the strike a lot of them have gone home, this could affect the turnout of people for the concert.

Strikes are a form of protest and as a result often unpredictable; however, once the strike is called off we will settle for a permanent date.

Me and my team are also planning to have a mini concert by April that will host a number of 50 to 60 people in anticipation of the main concert

My plan for this concert enormous and I am anticipating a large number of people hence the reason we are so careful with the scheduling and the planning.

A Big Thank you once again to the NXm family @vandal @Paul @Monish016 @zeitwarp for supporting this concert.

Feel free to ask me questions at any time.

Best Regards,
Larkim

2 Likes

Hi Nxm, I would like to announce that we would be having a Broke Boy Mini concert together with our monthly traditional concert in April, with a gathering of about 40 to 60 people.
On Approval of our traditional concert for April, we will be using the funds received for traditional concert for both the traditional and broke boy concert and some of the funds we received earlier for the main concert.
This concert will be done on the same day in a live recording studio space that can accommodate about 60 to 100 people.

The main concert will still hold when strike is called off and all students are back on campus…
@vandal @Paul @mohdabbas561

Cheers
Warm regards
:white_heart: