[CLOSED] Writers/Storytellers to create for the Meta Campfire 3rd Edition: Urban Legends theme

Hi everyone, I’m happy to be among the selected winner @klarakopi, @becopro and @thephilosopher we all appreciate what you doing for the community.
Here is my main story, and I hope you all enjoy it at the campfire.

TITLE: THE ENGINEER AND THE WATER GODDESS
Within the tropics of Cancer and Capricorn lies a village in the western part of Africa, Nigeria precisely is located a village called ilu Iya Alaro translated as Iya Alaro village. Alaro village is known for her tie and dye cultural heritage.
The wonderful Alaro villager are known for their practice of tie and dye translated in our local dilet as (Palaro) by all the indigens, only few villagers are engaged in other occupation.
Alaro villagers are known for their beautiful tie and dye fabric practices by other neighbouring villagers. When it comes to tie and dye, the Alaro villagers immerges first in all competitions and this made their king believe all the accolades should be given to the only river goddess where the industrial function of tying and dying activities is been carried out.
The Alaro river, waters the entire village and this promote the cultural heritage of the village. Before civilization, the villagers goes to the river to do their day to day tying and dying of fabrics, other businesses also are situated along the river bank since 70% of the villagers are engaged in the tie and dye business. The Alaro river became an industrial area because it get busy all the day with tying and dying and activities increased greatly within the Alaro river area.
Like I said, no other villages can compete with the villagers of iya Alaro when it comes to tie and die Adire fabrics. The villagers believed the river goddess must have been the one using her spiritual power to promote their culture and business. The great Alaro festival is held once a year to celebrate the goddess for her immense provision.
The villagers of Alaro were so blessed in all ramifications, because the fabric business also promote other businesses. They were rich and famous, thier land also was fertile and rich with bountiful harvest, infact Alaro kingdom became so great that they lend money to other villages because the goddes endowed them with all the riches they could ever imagine.

The Alaro village misery began, when civilization became the other of the day. The Alaro river and it’s bank, that is known to be the centre of commerce, started depreciating in activities due to civilization. Civilization made the villagers believe it was their hard work that eventually payed off and not any unseen river goddess as believed by their ancestors. Majority of the villagers had dug wells in their various houses and this made them carry out their tie and dye fabrics activities at home rather than the river as usual and this instill great anger and wroth on the side of the river goddess. Due to the goddess displeasure she vowed she would not have anything to do with the people of Alaro again.
The only mode of transportation of the Alaro villagers is via water. Villagers gets to other villages via canoe, plying that same river. But due to anger of the river goddess any one that gets to the river befalls one calamity or the other. At that time, any canoe that tries to ply the river would capsize and all its passengers would drown and die. Some villagers body would not even be found and the king decreed that no one should visit the river again as it has been tagged dangerous.
The villagers of Alaro had been trapped in this ordeal, because they are unable to sell their fabric to surrounding villages due to calamity that befalls anyone that goes close to the river.
Productivity reduced drastically as majority of the villager are engaged in the same business. And getting to other villages is via Alaro river. The king summoned all the villagers and told them that the problem of navigation would be over. He further explained that a foreign construction company said with the aid of an over head bridge their ordeal will come to an end. After the king’s announcement, the villagers were filled with joy and excitement. Wow! The villager were happy because they knew the moment the bridge is completed, navigation would be easy and they will get back into business as usual and would also be rich again.
The construction company started their construction, and in no time they finished the construction of the over head bridge. The day they commissioned the bridge and try to navigate on it, every person and moving vessel on the bridge fell into the mighty Alaro river because the bridge collapsed for no reason and so many lives were lost.
This made the owner of the construction company to go into consultation. The king told the engineer the whole story behind Iya Alaro river and how they stop the yearly festival that they do. The king told the engineer to go and meet the priest. The priest also narrated the story of how the river had been the centre of commerce to the Alaro people, but due to civilization the people abandoned the river and refuse to carry out the usual yearly festival and this got the goddess angry that she would not have anything to do with the people of Alaro.
The Owner of the construction company then asked what can be done, then the priest made consultation and told him the only solution to having an over head bridge is if the engineer would be willing to sacrifices his life for the river goddess then she would permit the construction. The engineer agreed to this, and told the king and the villagers, what the priest said and he was ready to do anything for them. On the sad day, after the bridge was completed before commissioning, he waved good bye to all his friends and family. All the villagers heard was a great splash of water. The engineer was in and the moment he jumped into the Alaro river, it was fore told that they saw a mermaid dragged him down the river and was not to be seen again.
The villagers honour him by giving him a befitting burial and his grave was beside the Alaro river and the bridge was named after the engineer. The story is still told untill this day any time travellers ply the bridge and see the grave of the engineer that layed down his life for the purpose of constructing a bride that would stand for generations to come for the Alaro people.

Wallet: adebanjo.near

4 Likes

Yeheey thankyou selecting me and congratulation to all the winners.

2 Likes

“Headless warning”
This story was that of a girl who got on the jeepney by herself. All of a sudden, the driver veered away from the regular route into unknown territory , driving through dark and unpopulated areas, he kept glancing cautiously at the girl over his shoulder. The girl started to fear for her life and womanly dignity ( she thought the driver planned to rape her) and requested that she be dropped off at her dorm. In time the jeepney resumed its regular route and she was dropped off in front of her building . But before taking off , the driver said ‘’ miss as soon as you get inside , take off your clothes and burn them. Because I saw your reflection in rear view mirror, you were headless" he also said that was the reason he took several unusual turns, because he feared the girl’s untimely demise lay in the jeepney’s regular course

(here’s is the whole story)
Jeepney ride
It’s funny when certain events in our lives occur and we blame it all to bad luck. What’s funnier is the things that we do to counter the flow of bad energy that causes these so called bad luck or bad events. At least at that time I thought it was funny , until my friend shared her unlikely experience. This story is about my friend and her scary jeepney ride going home. For those of you who don’t know what jeepneys are, they are a popular means of public transportation in the philippines.
My friend went home late after finishing their school project , now since she lives within the vicinity of the school it was perfectly safe for her to take the jeepney instead of taking a taxi in going home during late hours. It was about midnight when she took the ride home. And she could not help but notice the driver kept glancing at her through his rear view mirror and then he would turn to her. What’s off about this driver besides the eerie glance that the driver gave from time to time , he was also taking turns in corners that he was not supposed to. Afraid of what the drivers plans are. She was even more afraid of her surroundings because it seemed as if she was in the middle of nowhere already. So instead of going down , she just stayed on the jeep . On the last turn that the driver made, she noticed that they were back on the route that they were supposed to be in the first place. Before reaching the end of the terminal, the driver turned to her and said, " I’m sorry if I scared you or startled you! It was not my intention". “Could you do me a favor and burn all your clothes when you get home”… wondering why, she asked why he was acting very strange , the driver explained , " the reason why I kept glancing was because your head was not attached to your body when I looked through my rear mirror"." That is why I change my route while ago , hoping we get away from the bad energy present in that area, and that’s why I want you to burn your clothes when you get home because I think it’s still with you"

Upon arriving home, still shaking from fear, she took all her clothes off and burned them as quickly as she could. A few days later she found out on the news the jeepney driver died a day after the incident . Oy turned out the warning was not for her for the driver

5 Likes

Mystery Forest

As an energetic young adult during my grandfather’s youthful days, he and his friends would always go on an adventure and explore many places with their curiosity and excitement. My grandfather told me many fun things and places they experienced and they’ve been. However he told me one of the stories that he can never forget. You see, my grandfather was a brave and energetic man during his youthful days and yet he can never forget that scary experience before.
Back in his younger days, my grandfather and his friends usually goes on a roadtrip, hiking, camping, cycling, and sometimes fishing from a far away places. On a bright and sunny day my grandfather and his three friends decided to have a chill roadtrip on an unknown forest on far west, far away from their home. Since it was a new place for them to explore, they prepared their needs during the morning and rested themselves untill lunch. After resting, they ate their lunch and prepared themselves and took off on a roadtrip. At exactly 1 pm in the afternoon, they started riding their motorcycles and my grandfather told me it was fun having a roadtrip inside the forest since the road was already finished. They stopped their rides and took a couple of pictures of the green forest and the long road. While my grandfather’s friends are taking pictures at that time, an old lady with a basket of fruits approached my grandfather and said “You should not wander deeply into the forest and do not wander when the sun goes down.” Then the old lady left with her basket of fruits.
My grandfather was confused and doesn’t put much of a thought to what the lady said. Time had passed and it was already 4 pm of the afternoon. As they drove deeply inside the forest, the atmosphere started to change and they feel uneasy and they felt as if they were being watched. After a few more minutes my grandfather’s friends suggested that they should head back since it was starting to get dark and the sun is going down. The rest also felt uneasy and felt that as if something was following and watching them. It was already 5:30 pm and the sun is going down so they started to head back. While they were driving home, they passed by the side of the river that they have gone through when they were going to the forest. After an hour, their feeling started to get heavy and the feeling of being watched and the uneasiness starts to bother them even more. My grandfather felt that there’s a burning sensation on his neck and they stopped for a moment, they noticed that there’s a big scratch of what seems to be a claw marks on his neck and it was red and swelling. My grandfather and his friends immediately drove to come back home.
After an hour they noticed that they again passed by the river that they have gone through before and they started to get really terrified. After a couple of minutes they passed again by the river and each of them freaks out even more. They are passing by the same place everytime and they feel like the forest does not want them to leave. Everyone rides their motorcycles quietly and they are hoping to get out of the creepy forest immediately. However they passed by the river again and this time it caused chills unto their spines seeing dark and humanoid figures by the river. My grandfather said that they do not know what to do at that time since fear occupied their mind. My grandfather suddenly remembered what his mother said (my great grandmother). It is said that when you are in the mountains or in the forest and you lost your way out, it is the work of “Engkanto”. They are described as entities of the spirit world, including elves, dark beings, and others. When you lost your way and you keep coming back to where you came from, the elders said that you have to turn your clothes upside down to get back on the right path. It was an effective belief that has been passed down to many generations and to those who are traveling. And so my grandfather told the others to the same and they drove quietly. As they drove out of the forest, they felt relieved due to the fact that the creepy feeling vanished and their path does not repeat in a sequence anymore. And so, they got out of the forest and my grandfather noticed that the scar and the burning sensation earlier suddenly vanished as they got out of the deep forest. My grandfather and his friends finally arrived to each of their homes and my grandfather could never forget what happened to them at that very day.

3 Likes

Thankyou for choosing my story! Congrats to other winners too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

REMEMBER EVERYONE!!!

—> Not attending the event will disqualify the person!

—> Event: August 14th at 7PM UTC (this Sunday)

—> Location: Bekopi Space

—> To receive the wearable you need to provide a Metamask wallet

5 Likes

Congrats all winners. Thanks for selecting my story :blush:

"Mysterious daughter"

Located in the center of a modern city, there was a mansion with splendid and ancient beauty. The owner of the house was a talented and wealthy businessman. He had 4 children, but the first 3 are all boys. The sole daughter was very beautiful and perky. Therefore, he loved this daughter very much. But when she was 15 years old, she was not as cheerful as before, but always had a sad expression on her face. Not long after, she disappeared. Even the maid did not know where she went. Friends and business partners asked, but the owner of the house refused to answer. The skepticism grew more and more, especially every night the maids heard the soft crying of the daughter.

In fact, the daughter had a strange disease that destroyed her beauty. Not wanting to hurt his daughter, the father arranged for her to stay in a dark room on the top floor of the mansion. The little daughter lived alone in the room. No one was allowed to meet. The maids who brought her food and clothes were also not allowed to enter. They left her things in front of the door.

One day, the daughter could not bear the pain of illness and loneliness and gave up life. When the daughter died, her father was deeply sad. He ordered not to bury her and preserved her body in a glass cage. The room she used to live in has also been preserved.

One year later, on the first anniversary of her daughter’s death, the owner of the house bought the most modern doll along with a plate of chicken rice. When the old maid went up to clean the room, she startled, screamed and ran out of the room like being chased by a ghost. In the dark room on the top floor, the glass lid of the cage was opened, the doll stood upright on the glass, her eyes blinked as if she were talking to someone. The chicken rice plate was only half left while the door was locked. No one really knew who ate this plate. The owner of the house prevented everyone from revealing anything. During that day, the family discussed and immediately took the body to be buried in a place far from the city.

But a strange thing happened, it didn’t go away easily. Even when the daughter’s body was no longer in the mansion, every night the maids heard wailing cries from the top floor room of the daughter.

Near wallet: lovelysugar.near

3 Likes

Thanks you so much miss @klarakopi for choosing my story. :hugs:

I will complete my story soon before the campfire started. :hugs: Thank you again. :heart:

3 Likes

Here is my complete story miss @klarakopi :blush:
Hope you like it. :hugs:

My Entry for Campfire 3rd Edition: Urban Legends Theme
Writer : ImJami
Tittle : “Knock Knock”
Near Id : jami2017.near

“Knock Knock”

This is a true story of urban legends belief that it happen at night. Some people believe some are not. But if you dont believe and once they come and knock your door, surely you don’t want to see them.

Once day in the field full of grass, the sun about to set. There was a girl named “May” who loves to play in the grass with her friends and her scraft toys from garbage. May was calling her mother, Looking fierce and angry at her.
“It is late and you still playing!, bring your sister and brothers home!” Yelled at her. She still wants to play but her mother is really angry so she can’t do anything and go home. After went home ,her mother keep yelling angry at her, beating her over and over. She has full of bruises. Her mother leave and went to work at night only her and siblings left in the house.

When her mother left, she cried over and over. She’s angry thinking her mother didnt love her. After day and night past, Early morning people are gathering outside talking about the neighbor died. May mother arrived late and saw her and said, “Do not attempt to talk to the people!, go inside”. May is confused looking outside why people murmuring.
May friend call her in the window and says “psst! May!, have you heird?” , “Heard what?” Ask May curiously. The friend whisper to her and tell what happen. May surprised from what she heard in her friend as her eyes widened, cover her mouth from shock.

That night, she couldn’t sleep wondering to wait her mother. She remember what her friend told her, " I told you May, its true! Tonight don’t open the door in your house if you heard knocking late night." May is doubt but confused, somehow she can see in her friends that shes not lying to her. “I tell you May, they say if you leave your slippers and then one pair lost, then means your house is the next target of that evil. In second day, they will arrived in your house and knock at your door, they can even fool people by changing different voices like example… one of your family, if you open it they will took your heart in an instant grab. That’s the reason our neighbor found dead in the house, and they took his heart.” May friends explain seriously as she was really scared and shivering.

She remember her mother suddenly worried, May thoughts “What if something happens to my mother outside? What if those evil arrive in her house? What should i do?” May scared and terrified thinking what to do. She cover her body in blanket and sleep. That morning May woke up late and forgot to wake early…she was almost late at school. Her mother will arrive soon as they need to prepare things going to school. May was about to go out when she notice a slipper pair one is missing, she keep looking and searching around every corner in their house just for one pair. Until her mother arrives and saw the mess in her house. Her mother angry again and beat her, she was crying and couldn’t do anything and not go to school. She stay in the house whole day taking care her siblings as her mother sleep at day.

The night came, her mother is about to go to work again. May mother says " I have overtime today, i will come morning. Close and lock the door and windows at night and do not open if anything who knocks at late time, take care your brother’s and sister’s. Understood?" Ask her mother. May nodded “Yes Mama”.

Late night, May was in the deep sleep. Suddenly someone knocking at the door outside. She heard voices calling her name “May, its me your mother, Open the door”. It knocks three times as she heard keep calling her name. She woke up in the bed thinking to her self. “Why mother came so late? She say’s will come morning.” The knock stop and keep calling her name very calm and not anger and she realize something as the tone of mother voice is soft and not angry. Then she remember her friend tell about the warning she give. First day a sign of lossing one pair slippers and second day is the visit day. Suddenly May chills and scared. She knows that’s not her mother. “Mother would be angry if i didnt open the door so fast besides she have keys in our house, why would she ask to open the door?” May ask her self scared and terrified. She was shaking, shivering and shout in front of door. “Get out of here! Your not my mother monster!, leave as alone!”

After May scream and cover her ears not to listen to that voice speaking repeatedly. A few minutes later, knocking stop and the voice gone. She quickly ran to bed and cover the blanket. Because of terrified and trimbling about that happen she coudn’t sleep properly. That morning her mother came in the house. She saw everything is clean and they was about to go to school. Her mother say’s “You wake up early today, have you eaten all?”. May answer and give a happy smile to her mother. She realize her mother loves her even so she’s always angry. Nothing can copy her mother personalities.

The End…

The lesson we learn here is even though our parents is always angry, that doesn’t mean they didn’t love you at all. They give you reason to live and to learn and to face our fear. Sometimes we just need to obey, observe, respect, think and focus of the most things in our life.

“Sometimes we learn from our mistakes and life experiences.”

2 Likes

Sorry for my late response but here is my submission for the storytime

“two more hours of this and I’m home…” I repeat under my breath. it would’ve been 1 the way I drive, if not for the act of god taking place across the entire swampy oceanside. in weather this unrelenting during the midnight hours, you’d be hard pressed to find so much as an open gas station. I think this knowledge is why I became so shocked to see a car on the road, coming into the limited field of view the storm afforded me. the closer I peer the clearer it became - or as clear as can be managed -, and I was gaining on it. fast. it was not until I was within a half mile that I realized… I was closing in because the vehicle wasn’t moving. Lights off, still as death, on the side of a narrow patch of grass near the canal barricade. a less than remarkable but altogether modern pickup truck appeared in view, barely distinguishable in the unforgiving blanket of water amidst it all.

3 Likes

New location alert everyone!

Please share this tweet to help us reach more people!

3 Likes

Today is the day everyone!!! Less than 30 min :smiley:

Let’s get ready to have fun!! Woot woot!!

:partying_face:

5 Likes

Thank you so much Miss Klarakopi <33

3 Likes

Thank you for the campfire miss klarakopi… it was great …the costume was nice… although i ddnt hear my story. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I learned a lot, next time will be better and hopefully I won’t do everything alone xD
Thank for coming and for the patience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Adebanjo @eyesore.near @ImJami2017 @Roxy @pemmiee @Sugar - Writers: 50 DAI

You’re approved and can make your payout requests:

1. Go to Metaverse DAO Astro

2. Click on the green + sign

3. Select “Proposal”

4. Follow the example to fiil it and use this post as the forum link

3 Likes

Thank you miss @klarakopi for the campfire and the wearable i recieve today. :hugs:

Here is my proposal link request. Thank you so much. :hugs::raised_hands:

https://app.astrodao.com/dao/metaverse-dao.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/metaverse-dao.sputnik-dao.near-565

2 Likes

Thank you @klarakopi for this beautiful experience.

I enjoyed listening to my story and that of others, during the Meta Camp Fire. Thanks alot

This is my payout proposal:
https://app.astrodao.com/dao/metaverse-dao.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/metaverse-dao.sputnik-dao.near-568?fromCreate=true

2 Likes

Those of you that didn’t get the wearable please send me your Metamask :slight_smile:

Thankyou miss @klarakopi for beautiful experience lastnight i was enjoy the campfire.
https://app.astrodao.com/dao/metaverse-dao.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/metaverse-dao.sputnik-dao.near-566?fromCreate=true

3 Likes