[CLOSED] Writers/Storytellers to create for the Meta Campfire 3rd Edition: Urban Legends theme

Yaaaaaas!!! We love wearables :smiley:

2 Likes

Write about him @LulucaL :smiley:

3 Likes

I will, but you have to keep the unfolding of this a secret until the day there right? Or do I put the whole story here? Estou confuser… :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Você manda um resumo ou só a introdução da estória pra gente poder votar, aí a outra parte você envia caso seja selecionade :smiley:

2 Likes

Is there telegram group for meterverse dao… would love to join

3 Likes
1 Like

Então, @klarakopi eu vou contar o desenrolar dessa introdução aqui, se for selecionads. :v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

My Entry for Campfire 3rd Edition: Urban Legends Theme
Writer : ImJami
Tittle : “Knock Knock”
Near Id : jami2017.near

“Knock Knock”

This is a true story of urban legends belief that it happens at night. Some people believe some are not. But if you dont believe and once they come and knock your door, surely you dont want to see them.

Once day in the field full of grass, the sun about to set. There was a girl named May who loves to play in the grass with her friends and her scraft toys from garbage. May was calling her mother, Looking fierce and angry at her.

“It is late and you still playing!, bring your sister and brothers home!” Yelled at her. She still wants to play but her mother is really angry so she can’t do anything and go home. After went home ,her mother keep yelling angry at her, beating her over and over. She has full of bruises. Her mother leave and went to work at night only her and siblings left in the house.

When her mother left, she cried over and over. She’s angry thinking her mother didnt love her. After day and night past, Early morning people are gathering outside talking about the neighbor died. May mother arrived late and saw her and said, “Do not attempt to talk to the people!, go inside”. May is confused looking outside why people murmuring.

May friend call her in the window and says “psst! May!, have you heird?” , “Heard what?” Ask May curiously. The friend whisper to her and tell what happen. May surprised from what she heard in her friend as her eyes widened, cover her mouth from shock.

To be continued…

If my story been choosen, i will release the other script copy. Thank you. :hugs:

2 Likes

Hi everyone
Here is my first part of my story. I would like to share the whole story if I’m selected
Near wallet: lovelysugar.near

"Mysterious daughter"

Located in the center of a modern city, there was a mansion with splendid and ancient beauty. The owner of the house was a talented and wealthy businessman. He had 4 children, but the first 3 are all boys. The sole daughter was very beautiful and perky. Therefore, he loved this daughter very much.

When the daughter was 15 years old, she was not as cheerful as before. She always had a sad expression on her face. Not long after, she disappeared. Even the maid did not know where she went. Friends and business partners asked, but the owner of the house refused to answer. The skepticism grew more and more, especially every night the maids heard the soft crying of the daughter.

4 Likes

LOVE & HATE
by @Roxy

James is like a brother to me. We have been friends from Day One. Everything was moving according to plans in the University, apart from one thing, “humiliation from a particular group of boys who stay around our lodge”. This started when James girlfriend won “Face of the Campus” Pageantry. This brought attention to James and everything that surrounded him. These boys went from collecting our phones to collecting James girlfriend, Ella (The Face of the Campus).

This hit James so bad, the girl he gave his love has finally left him.

I told James to move on, he can’t fight these boys. If this girl was meant to be his, she won’t leave him. But James wouldn’t hear!

He needed a revenge, he needed to fight back, he needed to fight for his love.

From his research, he found out that those particular group of boys belong to a cult group; so the only way to fight back is to join the opposing cult group.

James told me about his plan to join a cult group; and I told him no. We were almost done with school. We were in the third year, let him just hang on for one more year; but James wouldn’t listen.

As I write this, James is no more. His head was found in the School Mini Stadium, while the remains of his body was found in front of the faculty. That was how a shinning light was blown away.

Permit me to complete the story during the Camp fire.

Thanks.

WALLET ADDRESS:
roxytheentertainer.near

4 Likes

Hello fam, this is my entry
Writer ID: pemmiee.near

This story is all about the experience of my grandfather

Mystery Forest

As an energetic young adult during my grandfather’s youthful days, he and his friends would always go on an adventure and explore many places with their curiosity and excitement. My grandfather told me many fun things and places they experienced and they’ve been. However he told me one of the stories that he can never forget. You see, my grandfather was a brave and energetic man during his youthful days and yet he can never forget that scary experience before.
Back in his younger days, my grandfather and his friends usually goes on a roadtrip, hiking, camping, cycling, and sometimes fishing from a far away places. On a bright and sunny day my grandfather and his three friends decided to have a chill roadtrip on an unknown forest on far west, far away from their home. Since it was a new place for them to explore, they prepared their needs during the morning and rested themselves untill lunch. After resting, they ate their lunch and prepared themselves and took off on a roadtrip. At exactly 1 pm in the afternoon, they started riding their motorcycles and my grandfather told me it was fun having a roadtrip inside the forest since the road was already finished. They stopped their rides and took a couple of pictures of the green forest and the long road. While my grandfather’s friends are taking pictures at that time, an old lady with a basket of fruits approached my grandfather and said “You should not wander deeply into the forest and do not wander when the sun goes down.” Then the old lady left with her basket of fruits.
My grandfather was confused and doesn’t put much of a thought to what the lady said. Time had passed and it was already 4 pm of the afternoon. As they drove deeply inside the forest, the atmosphere started to change and they feel uneasy and they felt as if they were being watched. After a few more minutes my grandfather’s friends suggested that they should head back since it was starting to get dark and the sun is going down. The rest also felt uneasy and felt that as if something was following and watching them. It was already 5:30 pm and the sun is going down so they started to head back. While they were driving home, they passed by the side of the river that they have gone through when they were going to the forest. After an hour, their feeling started to get heavy and the feeling of being watched and the uneasiness starts to bother them even more. My grandfather felt that there’s a burning sensation on his neck and they stopped for a moment, they noticed that there’s a big scratch of what seems to be a claw marks on his neck and it was red and swelling. My grandfather and his friends immediately drove to come back home.
After an hour they noticed that they again passed by the river that they have gone through before and they started to get really terrified. After a couple of minutes they passed again by the river and each of them freaks out even more. They are passing by the same place everytime and they feel like the forest does not want them to leave. Everyone rides their motorcycles quietly and they are hoping to get out of the creepy forest immediately. However they passed by the river again and this time it caused chills unto their spines seeing dark and humanoid figures by the river. My grandfather said that they do not know what to do at that time since fear occupied their mind. My grandfather suddenly remembered what his mother said (my great grandmother). It is said that when you are in the mountains or in the forest and you lost your way out, it is the work of “Engkanto”. They are described as entities of the spirit world, including elves, dark beings, and others. When you lost your way and you keep coming back to where you came from, the elders said that you have to turn your clothes upside down to get back on the right path. It was an effective belief that has been passed down to many generations and to those who are traveling. And so my grandfather told the others to the same and they drove quietly. As they drove out of the forest, they felt relieved due to the fact that the creepy feeling vanished and their path does not repeat in a sequence anymore. And so, they got out of the forest and my grandfather noticed that the scar and the burning sensation earlier suddenly vanished as they got out of the deep forest. My grandfather and his friends finally arrived to each of their homes and my grandfather could never forget what happened to them at that very day.

2 Likes

JUJU

At that point, he didn’t know what else to do. The real desire was to cry like the little daughter, who was kicking about that doll in the toy store, and run out of the place. In fact, maybe she deserved to be pampered, she never put on that kind of show, her behavior bordered on exemplary, and he hadn’t been able to buy her any gifts for over a year. On her last birthday, he tried to build a wooden toy with his own hands, but the results were poor and the toy ended up bringing more sadness than joy, being promptly abandoned by the girl. But what to do with the bills that piled up month after month, including those for his late wife’s cancer treatment, which in the end came to nothing. Even if he wanted to, he couldn’t buy that doll… but he wouldn’t necessarily have to buy it, right? He took a deep breath, calmed himself, calmed his daughter, and made the most difficult decision in recent times: “All right, my dear, let’s take the doll. Hold daddy’s bag and let’s check out the toys in the corner of the store.”

At night, the girl dreamed her most peaceful dreams since her mother’s death. She woke up to the screams, from the doll, which seemed to be teary-eyed. “You need to love me!” “You need to love me!” - The toy repeated incessantly.

gabrielfelipejacomel.near

4 Likes

what a tragic end for James, so sad…

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m sorry for the delay, I had a migraine yesterday and couldn’t stay on the computer. I’ll announce the winners in 30 min.

3 Likes

Hi friends! Is always very hard to pick the winners, such good stories!

Here are the selected for this edition:

@Adebanjo @eyesore.near @ImJami2017 @Roxy @pemmiee @Sugar

And the first place goes to @ImJami2017 !

Congratulations everyone :smiley:

Please send your stories until:

7 Likes

Wow! Thanks for selecting me as one of the winners. I’m grateful

4 Likes

Please where can we send the complete story to?

3 Likes

Hi @Roxy! Please post it here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here’s the wearable @becopro made and I colored for you :smiley:
Everyone that comes to the event will get one!

monsterJ

4 Likes

LOVE & HATE
by @Roxy

James is like a brother to me. We have been friends from Day One. Everything was moving according to plans in the University, apart from one thing, “humiliation from a particular group of boys who stayed around our lodge”. This started when James’ girlfriend won “Face of the Campus” Pageantry. This brought attention to James and everything that surrounded him. These boys went from collecting our phones to collecting James girlfriend, Ella (The Face of the Campus).

This hit James so bad, the girl he gave his love has finally left him.

I told James to move on, he can’t fight these boys. If this girl was meant to be his, she won’t leave him. But James wouldn’t hear!

He needed a revenge, he needed to fight back, he needed to fight for his love.

From his research, he found out that those particular group of boys belong to a cult group; so the only way to fight back is to join the opposing cult group.

James told me about his plan to join a cult group; and I told him no. We were almost done with school. We were in the third year, let him just hang on for one more year; but James wouldn’t listen.

One fateful night, some group of boys came to our lodge to look for James. When they knocked on the door, I was the one who opened the door and met them. They looked so terrifying and I sensed something was not right, I stammered James name and he came out from the room; and one of the boys whispered, “It’s Time”. James picked up a black T-shirt and followed them, I tried asking him where he was going, but I was very scared. They went out. Early in the morning, James came back with bruises on his face and back. He didn’t talk to me, he went straight to his box, pick some cloths and left.

I tried everything possible to reach out to James, but he kept busying my calls. Few times we met in the faculty, he would always tell me he’s fine and that he’s taking his time to heal and come back home. But for my information, that he has joined a group that can help him fight his battles.

One evening, Ella came to the lodge crying; that her boyfriend was dead. The one who took her away from James. That he was shot on his way to the faculty, and that all fingers were pointing at James. I told him no, that James can’t even kill a fowl. She cried and begged me to tell James to have mercy and not hurt her; that she was forced to date the guy at a gunpoint. I told her no, that can’t be James. I was thinking I still knew James. She said no, that James was no longer the person I used to know. That his name was now PAINKILLER!

Within a month, 3 other deaths were recorded in the campus; and all fingers were pointing at my friend, James. I tried to reach him, but he kept avoiding me. I didn’t know what to do.

During the last semester exam, we were all seated in the hall, waiting for the Lecturers. James was in the exam hall too. A group of 15 boys came inside the exam hall and started shooting on the air, causing a disorder. James tried to escape and they held him and carried him to a car they came with.

We didn’t hear from James for a week. I informed the police and the school security about the incident; and they assured us they were on it.

One morning, Ogechi (our neighbor) ran to our door, that I should come and see oh! That James was dead.

I followed her to the School Mini Stadium, some students were already gathered there in disbelief. Behold, James head was on the floor, with blood dripping slowly. It was the worst day of my life in the University. James was a good boy, but pressure led him to what he was not.

Two days later, the remains of his body was found in front of the faculty building. That was the end of James Ebuka. A student who was very intelligent.

We miss you, James…Rest On! :sob:

WALLET ADDRESS:
roxytheentertainer.near

4 Likes