[CLOSED] South West Near Club of Nigeria (SWNCN) Campus Tour in Yoruba-MOVED TO NEXT FUNDING ROUND

Overall KPIs

50 to 100 near wallets

50 to 100 near social

Overall Retention rate - 70%

Between 300 to 500 on chain transactions

I. Background Information:

Introduction:

Southwest Club of Nigeria is a community operating from Ibadan, Oyo State, the South West of Nigeria.

The SWNCN has been in existence since August 2023. SWNCN is a dao with the main target of educating and onboarding web3 enthusiasts within the South Western part of Nigerian into the Near ecosystem, creating wallets for them and engaging them in utilization of all near dApps.

Our Mission:

Our mission is to connect builders in the South West of Nigeria to the platform that will help them grow to the extent of contributing positively to the NEAR by building dApps that will be useful for Near Protocol from Africa.

Our Team:

Number: 5

@Officer LehLeh

@Tobiparadise01 -

@Shozy:

@Hayyhux:

@Esther:

Social Media Status:

Telegram:

Twitter:

https://x.com/SWNearClubofNgr?s=20

Instagram:

[Near Social]:

Impact:

• Onboarding new members into the ecosystem.

• Creating awareness on Near protocol

• Educating on BOS

• To grow the existence of near dApp (Near social) by pulling traffic onto it.

• Engaging the new entrant on our Telegram community for proper monitoring.

Retention plan:

• Participation in content creation bounty organized by the DAO and other DAOS to foster DAO to DAO collaborations

• Participation in puzzle bounty to generate interest in BOS through Near Social

• Utilization of Near dApps such as Mintbase for local creatives to mint their NFTs, MyNearWallet, Here Wallet and Meteor Wallet for Token storage and on chain transactions

• Orientation on Near games such as Zomland and their subsequent utilisation to encourage Retention and participation in near related components.

Event Overview:

Title: Exploring Web3 through Teaching on Near protocol in Yoruba Language and Onboarding.

Date: May, 2024

Venue: University of Ibadan

Objective: To educate, inspire, and provide hands-on experience with Web 3 technologies, focusing on NEAR PROTOCOL blockchain/ BOS and its applications.

Agenda:

• Introduction to NEAR PROTOCOL and BOS: An overview of the fundamental concepts and principles.

• Blockchain in Practice: Real-world applications, case studies, and success stories.

• Workshops and Hands-on Sessions: Engaging participants in practical exercises to deepen their understanding.

• Industry Insights: Panel discussions and talks from industry experts, providing insights into the current and future landscape.

• Networking Opportunities: Connecting students with professionals and peers in

the blockchain space.

II. Proposal:

SOUTH WEST NEAR CLUB OF NIGERIA (SWNCN) CAMPUS TOUR IN YORUBA LANGUAGE.

This is an event put together in the South West region of Nigeria, mainly in the University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria with the aim of publicizing Near to the web3 enthusiast in local dialect (Yoruba) in order to have a deeper regional penetration.

Why University of Ibadan:

• Tech Enthusiastic Community: University of Ibadan, has a vibrant community of tech enthusiasts who are eager to explore emerging technologies.

• Strategic Location: Ibadan is a hub for tech activities, making it an ideal location to host an event of this nature.

• Educational Impact: The event aligns with the university’s commitment to providing cutting-edge education.

Collaboration:

South West Near Club of Nigeria (SWNCN) will be collaborating with the Student Union Government of the University of Ibadan for a very smooth run and outcome of this project.

Target Audience:

Our target audience are students in the University of Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.

Expected Number of participants:

100 - 250 web users.

Project Timeline: May, 2024.

Budget:

Venue Rental: &200

DJ and sound: $150

Speakers/Educators: $100

Projector/Videography : $100

Promotional Materials (Banners and Flyers): $150

Event Merch : $150

Refreshments: $100

Give away token:$50

Logistics (wallet creation inclusive): $100

Team Stipends:$400

Fund Request: $1500

Target Wallet: southwest-near-club-of-nigeria.sputnik-dao.near

Conclusion:

We believe that hosting the “Exploring Web 3: A Blockchain Revolution” event at University of Ibadan will be mutually beneficial, providing students with valuable insights and networking opportunities while positioning the university as a leader in embracing innovative technologies.

We look forward to the opportunity to discuss this proposal further and explore the potential we can get.

Thanks.
@IgbozeIsrael
@Bakaka
@adeiza

Hello!
I have concerns based on your present progress.
The community is quiet and your team is still kicking up.

You have mentioned Mental Maze in your proposal and due to that, I will abstain from voting on your proposal. However, I am not impressed with your current growth and engagement rate.

Thanks you

IgbozeIsrael
Thanks for the response bro… I have not actually submitted this proposal… Am still on it presently trying to correct the errors and any attachments whatsoever from the last submission because we are only re-submitting our previous proposal as a step to bring in newbies onboard as a strategy to rebuild the interest of our old community members that have lost hope in the ecosystem in one way or the other.

Our community has not been quiet…we have been on executing the project at hand which is on our social media handles and our community quiz is going on very well in the community with absolute participation of our community members

I have responded to this on BOS, let me copy it and paste here too.

Thank you for your proposal.

Unfortunately; I won’t support this funding round, i mentioned it on another proposal that we won’t be able to support all campus tours. Do apply for the next round, and despite your previous funding, your community still needs a lot of growth and improvement because this is not a NEW community.

Since this is not yet done, i believe it’s different from what is on BOS. For that, I am signifying that it is for the next funding round.

Thank you.

@Bakaka Thanks for your response… But I must let you know how this real life event has alot to do with our community resuscitation and development as our community the SWNCN is in need to re-ignite the interest of the community members who has long lost interest in the ecosystem because os some irregularities and moreover the last funding was our first funding and we can’t be categorised as not been new as no project has been anchored by our community only the normal internal development we embarked on before we were funded.

Why do we w need the approval of the proposal:
We really need to a physical encounter with the blockchain community around us to bring life and potentials that help develop our community in the system as performing online alone won’t be enough to achieve a desired results… All these are what we came about in the last funding that made us add the real life event at first so that we can really take the bull by the horn.