Call to marieke and the near foundation: come witness the genius

Dear @marieke.flament , @illia ChrisDonovan and All those in the NEAR FOUNDATION, it goes without saying that you must know that Africa is the fastest growing Crypto market in the world.

NOT BECAUSE WE ARE CORRUPT BUT BECAUSE WE ARE REALLY SMART.

Our music industry is exploding. Our streaming market for music and NFTs are projected to be around 252 Million in Africa alone. Our governments are institutionalizing crypto into law to liberate us from old economic models that are no longer working. We are popping!

MARIEKE! ILLIA! COME VISIT US!

We want to host a party for you with our thousands of NEAR users and members of our government.

Welcome all! Come witness the genius.

Love,
Africa

31 Likes

Thank you for this
Its time african creators get out of the stereotypical shackles going around.

4 Likes

this is a much needed call @Dedeukwu thank you for lighting the torch.

@marieke.flament please come see our genius for yourself. we share a lot of ourselves with the world and deserve our stories to be told correctly.

5 Likes

I believe the entire ecosystem needs to be briefed more about the African continent and its 3 billion habitants. Also again I don’t know where google gets its facts from :smile:
either way, the message will get across eventually.

6 Likes

If we believe we can truly do it, then nothing can stop us. Let’s all be involved in this together.

3 Likes

Thank you @Dedeukwu . The prejudice and false perception may mostly be unspoken of but clearly loud enough. My people have a saying that " the best way to strategically eliminate a dog is to accuse it of stealing raw meat as no one will question it".
The strategy deployed by these people aren’t different from that used in the past but the difference is that we won’t just stand and watch our talents, efforts, hardwork and contribution to this community and the entire ecosystem be made a joke of and I’m hoping you all won’t stand and watch either as one will expect that we all be different from our predecessors.
Bigotry, prejudice, discrimination should have no place on a space like this hence, we expect that the root of all this is found and carefully uprooted.

Our continent is a river of talents and creativity, a big market. We are hardworking and persistent. Are there corrupt persons? Certainly yes but corrupt people exist among every group so to intentionally label Africa and Africans as “corrupt” is not only unfair but evil.
We aren’t saints but this won’t be our story so I’m re_echoing what @Dedeukwu said, Come visit us, you will see for yourself the true face of our people.

6 Likes

Africa is the hub of talent and creativity, see the impact Afro beat music is making in the world today, is high time we get the credits for our contributions.

3 Likes

Yeah. There’s so much to give and yet not much appreciation, and it’s a fact that many creatives are actually from Africa, so where’s the acknowledgment?

3 Likes

Hii family, we have scheduled a space for everyone concerned in this pls join us 8pm WAT.

Come with your questions, plans and suggestions.

Peace

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1gqGvydLDbwKB

6 Likes

such a beautiful idea, they been sleeping on us for far too long.

2 Likes

—The commercial market for music and the creation of NFT Markets is exploding in Africa. And C1 Guild has a marketplace built with NEAR Dev tools by Harmonic guild that is about to launch. The World Music marketplace globally is currently 26 Billion. The African music market is 70 Million currently, with the African streaming market projected to be 252.70 Million by 2027.

– Africa is one of the biggest markets for NEAR. We at C1 Guild have on-boarded thousands of people in Africa to NEAR. Africa is the fastest growing market in the world, with crypto transactions hitting 20 Billion per month in 2021.

—Additionally, our government is in the process of institutionalizing (with the election that is upcoming) moving crypto into a more utilized currency to help liberate Africa from the microloan system that is strangling growth.

5 Likes