Web-3 Music Workshop in S.V.G

Proponent: Moneke “Mercuri” Modebe

Objective; The workshop is an onboarding exercise, geared towards web-3 education of music professionals within the St Vincent & the grenadines region and neighboring islands.

This interactive exercise will touch on, among other things, wallet set-up and activation, wallet security, DAOs & web3 communities, Treasury management, platforms within the Near ecosystem, and joining the NxM guild

Justification:

Incipiently, this would be a historic, first web3 event on the Caribbean island filled with culture, creativity as well as untapped potential.

There’s a surge of web3 curious and defi conscious creatives among the populace.

Music and tourism are at the epicenter of mass consumerism. The Near ecosystem provides ease of use and a manageable barrier of entry which carters to the artists as well as their fans.

Estimated Results:

An estimated attendance of 55-70 music creatives(Artists, producers, Djs and music executives).

5000+ reach on twitter and instagram.

A video recording detailing the entirety of the workshop as well as feedback from participants, syndicated across social media & YouTube.

Requisites:

The venue is provided courtesy of the culture and tourism department.

The funding request is broken down as follows,

$45 in Near to be allocated for wallet activation.

$66 goes to sound/mics and projectors

$120 dollars in stable coin to go towards water/refreshments

$75 design of flyers/pamphlet and printing

Target wallet; Mercuri.near

Moneke Modebe, a.k.a Mercuri Medici is a Nigerian born, Caribbean resident multi hyphenate artist, co-founder of the AfricaFM community and member of Holdersland, blurred lines as well as moderator for umbadaima and AfricaNFTcommunity

@NatalieCrue @Symbolik @Paul @FritzWorm @zubairansari07

3 Likes

Hello @Mercuri ,

Please share your experience in Near Ecosystem, some proof that you are able to do this.

1 Like

@mr_free if you’re well versed with the music sphere in web3 then you’d be aware of AfricaFM the foremost music community for African’s and the diaspora, a community I cofounded and proud to say we’ve helped onboard some of the finest musicians on the continent and diaspora, the likes of Anati, Toyadelazy, Dj Amkafii. Just to mention a few.
Being part of some of the overlooked, underrepresented and under-appreciated demographic the onus is on us to forge the educational opportunities for those in most need of it. I would also note that @NatalieCrue who is Alonso part of the AfricaFM community recommend reaching out. Also part of my reference is @Dedeukwu

4 Likes

First and foremost, I recommended that Mercuri, who has an established presence in the Music NFT community, onboard on to NEAR as it is a vast ecosystem of incredible initiatives, platforms, and individuals working toward similar and/or complementary goals.

Mercuri has actively onboarded a plethora of folks from across the continent and the diaspora into the macro web3/crypto ecosystem. They have also hosted events and numerous conversations on Twitter to galvanize individuals and other communities as well as provide support to creatives. I wholeheartedly support Mercuri and AfricaFM’s effort to become avid participants in the NEAR ecosystem.

Side Note: I am on the council of Onboarding DAO and also support a number of initiatives in this community both indirectly and directly ie DAORecords/ current Soundsplash series.

5 Likes

I support your cause brother, you’re one of the few to ever do it and I’m proud to build with AfricaFM.
I recommend @Mercuri for the task and officially welcome you to the NEAR community brother.

Peace
Dedeukwu

3 Likes

it seems you have the support.
So, you can post a proposal on astrodao for voting.

3 Likes

Much appreciated, would do that now

2 Likes

2022-07-27_211443
it seems the budget 306N is not correct :slight_smile:
Please fix to 306 USDC

Hi @mr_free how do I go about this, there isn’t an edit option

Please create a new correct proposal.
Also, I hope you know that you will need to provide the report before the end of the month about the event and how the funds were spent. So please track onboarded artists (wallets), make photos of events, etc.
Thanks

I’ve written an update and hopefully this time I get your support/vote.
You’d be proud of the outcome and results which I’ll make sure to share @mr_free

Hello @Mercuri

How it’s going?
We will need a report by the end of the month.

1 Like

Hi @mr_free
The event is scheduled for the 28th and a detailed report as well as a video would be put together of the event as well.

3 Likes

Hello @Mercuri

How it was?
We are waiting for the report.
Thanks.

Hello, just wanna ask, is this Kingston in Jamaica?

oh no this is kingstown in st Vincent and the grenadines

Apologies for the late response, haven’t been feeling too great, but here’s the report linked below

Oh thats cool…i hope the program was a hit?