[APPROVED] Writer’s Guild Funding Proposal for June, 2022

Council Members

AshleyC (ashleyc.near)
bagadefente (bagadefente.near)
beet93 (brzk-93444.near)
gabrielfelipejacomel (gabrielfelipejacomel.near)
Oblakofficialss (oblakofficialss.near)
pinkalsky (pinkalskyy.near)

Target wallet: near-writers-collective.sputnik-dao.near

KYC & Contract: @beet93 (brzk-93444.near)

Total Requested Funding Amount: 5000 usd in NEAR

Timeline: June 10th – 31th

Introduction

If April is the cruelest month, as T.S. Eliot wrote, maybe May was the fastest, I dare to say…

On June 4th our guild completed three months, 90 days of much learning, some teachings, a few mistakes and a lot of experiences. A quarter of a year that, paradoxically, seems to have lasted a lifetime and passed in the blink of an eye.

In June we intend to continue Writer’s Guild’s work in supporting, spreading the presence and bringing more creative writing workers to help us build the Near ecosystem. You can see the projects we funded and their results in our May report.

June plans and projects

Last month we expanded our vision of what creative writing is a little more, supporting our first Essays and Dramaturgy related projects. We also started to build our communication tools (website and Medium publication, to serve as repositories for our funded projects and other contents) and strategies, but this is taking more time than we thought it would — which is good, because we felt that we need to start a road map so we won’t get easily lost during all those new, disruptive and challenging processes we’re facing.

Always keeping diversity in mind, here are the projects that the Writer’s Guild has selected to carry out in June:

1. CREATE A 3XR GALLERY - research for a new book
    (600 usd in DAI) submitted by @frnvpr

2. Dramaturgy Workshop (June, 2022)
    (560 usd in DAI) submitted by @eliaspintanel

3. Rhyme Schemes
    (750 usd in DAI) submitted by @BigM007

4. Lullabies for the End of the World
    (300 usd in DAI) submitted by AshleyC

5. Can there be Poetry in Health?
    (750 usd in DAI) submitted by @janainasteiger

6. Communication strategies for Writer’s Guild
    (500 usd in DAI) submitted by @aandz

7. Writers Guild website domain and host = 40 usd in DAI

8. Council work: 1500 usd in DAI equally split among the 6 council members
    (250 usd each)

TOTAL BUDGET: 5,000 usd in DAI

Thank you,
The Writers’ Guild

Join our Telegram to stay in the loop! :wink:

15 Likes

Hi! I was very happy with the approval of the project! I’m pretty excited!

And I take the opportunity to say that I have already made the payment proposal at Astro DAO. Follow the link: https://app.astrodao.com/dao/near-writers-collective.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/near-writers-collective.sputnik-dao.near-152

Bye! Good month to all of us!

1 Like

Hello Elias, looking forward to your exciting project. Just a quick note that it is usually preferable for you to send in a proposal only after the Funding Proposal for the guild has been approved and concluded. Given the time that takes, your proposal may expire by the time the guild receives funds.

3 Likes

Hello Writers. Happy to say that this proposal follows the Creatives DAO Guidelines, so it is approved by the Community Moderators. Please create a poll on the Creatives DAO astrodao [link: Astro ] so that the council can vote. When and if the vote of the council is ‘yes’, approach NF for your payout proposal, following this guidelines: [GUIDE] Proposal & Payout process for Creatives DAO

4 Likes

Hi, @beet93! Thanks for giving me this information. Sorry for having anticipated steps in the process. I was happy that the project was approved and I was doing programming what to do during the month to execute the project and what I should do here within guilt and NEAR. I anticipated, I apologize again. Thanks for clarifying the whole process for me.

Thanks! Good job to all of us!

2 Likes