[APPROVED] Tokenize our virtual 3D event platform RAVE SPACE

Quick Summary of our goals

Offer transactions in our club with NEAR, Provide NFT Artworks with Mintbase & Host dedicated NEAR/Crypto Events.

We propose a funding of 25k$ in NEAR - Detailed infos below.

Background

We’re a Team of three technology/web enthusiasts building a virtual club experience as a side project for 6 months now. Since the project and our vision grows, we want to go full in and concentrate only on improving the platform.

The Club

RAVE SPACE is a browser based multiplayer club experience where you can move freely, explore art, grab drinks and unlock special effects, put your own stickers on the wall that will stay there forever, talk to other people via spacial audio chat and of course dance, listen and watch to your favourite DJs/Acts. DJs will be live streamed to the events that will take place 2 times a week.

We put a lot of effort into creating a natural and seamless user experience for a full immersion.

RAVE SPACE + NEAR = RAVECOIN

Right from the start we dreamt about having “Ravecoin” as an NEP Token on the NEAR Blockchain or just the NEAR token which you can use for transactions inside the club:

• Entry ticket
  • Buy stickers
  • Buy drinks (unlock effects/shaders)
  • Buy swag

Furthermore we want users to unlock and collect special dance moves and character-customizations as NFTs.

Of course, we would feature NEAR as a main sponsor on our website.

RAVE SPACE + NFTs with NEAR & MINTBASE

Speaking of NFTs, we generally have thought about setting up the club as a space for NFT Vernissages. This would mean that digital artists could exhibit their works as NFTs in the club and visitors could be invited to purchase them.

Until now we invited 8 artists to put their art (pictures & 3D sculptures) in the club. We think about having a connection to a mintbase store so you can own or propose artworks that will be part of the club for a specific time.

We have already discussed the possibility of creating psychedelic post-processing effects as consumable NFTs in collaboration with artists.

Like Art Progression Now’s recent cryptovoxels events, Rare Effect, we also dream about hosting a dedicated crypto/nft party once a month where the community could have a great time together, musicians from the community could play live sets and artists could exhibit their NFTs.

We would love to have the NEAR community as the main collaborator/sponsor for these events.

Conclusion

We built the platform and will launch next month with a first event. We’re super excited to keep working on the experience and augment it with a lot of tokenized features and build a community around the space. Our main goal is to take the real clubbing experience and transpose it to the digital world - Without any boundaries (except the physical). Personally, we would love to align the club to the blockchain topic/community because it’s a perfect fit (technology- & use case-wise).

Funding

We need funding for the following aspects:

• We want to go fully in and quit our jobs after working 6 months as a side project (3 People á 1000$/Mo salary)
  • Host dedicated crypto parties with free entry for the community. We think about hosting NFT/Crypto/Community Events once a month.
  • Server costs (already more than we ever thought, already in beta. Will be around 400$/mo for 4 monthly events)
  • Collaborating with @caromintbase and @diminator from Keyko and people from the NEAR community as advisors/developers for implementing the features. We aim at 5k$ for paying the support.

We propose a funding of 25k$ in NEAR for covering the above costs and workload for the next 6 months.

Me and my team are super happy that the proposal got approved!
We had two successful opening weeks and are ready to continue on working on all the proposed features. PLUS: We also have some new exciting news/possibilities for other NEAR usecases.

Thanks a lot

This is my wallet adress
fabu.near

Demo Time

I already had a demo with the Createbase community.
If you’d like to have another demo, please let me know.

The Core Team

Fabu - Conceptualizing, Designing and Developing immersive experiences on the web for 8 years. Hosting events/raves for 10 years. Always hunting for new exciting technological projects. Loving VR/AR/ART&MUSIC. Currently building DEFI BERLIN community. Defi Berlin (Berlin, Deutschland) | Meetup

Frank - Early companion in the german electronic music scene, (VR)-Gamer & technology-nerd

Tom - Computer graphics enthusiast and backend-pro with a faible for the cleanest code possible.

Crytpo Fellows

Dimi - co-founder of Keyko, creating blockchain ecosystems as an agency

Mitbase & Art Progression Now - as a community for artists & collectors

5 Likes

Super cool Fabian and the Ravespace team. You should definitely show NEAR what you have built and give them the full rave experience :slight_smile:
We will support you wherever we can from our Mintbase side, but no funds are needed for that :pray:

2 Likes

Really great event space and thanks for putting together this proposal. Hopefully will be able to collaborate with Createbase Guild and the artists within it as well for events :clap:t4:.

1 Like

I missed the createbase demo but would like to check it out.

How many attendees are you expecting for the biweekly events?

For this scale of funding a startup grant proposal may be appropriate, let’s see what other CC members say.

2 Likes
Community Council Poll
  • Yes
  • No
  • Abstain

0 voters

Open Community Poll (min trust_level_1 required)
  • Yes
  • No
  • Abstain

0 voters

Voting and quorum thresholds:

<2K$ - 1X Yes - no minimum quorum (* quorum defined as min number of members needed for the vote to be valid)
2-10K$ - 2X Yes - no min quorum
10-30K$ - 3X Yes - min quorum 4 of 7 - 4X members should vote in either direction
Above 30K$ requires Erik or Illia’s additional approval (Head of NF/Chairman of NFC)
Above 100K$ requires NEAR Foundation Council approval

1 Like

Hey @starpause - We will have another beta event tonight from 6:30-8:30pm CET.
If anyone wants to join, please write an email to hi@fabianburghardt.de and I will send you guys a “guestlist code”. Would be nice!

Otherwise we could have another dedicated NEAR Demo next week.

We don’t really have any numbers to expect, since our first event will happen next friday. We think about 100-1500 depending on the lineup.

3 Likes

@waverlymaven do you think this is probably a better fit for startup grants?

1 Like

Any chance to push this up again?

2 Likes

Me and my team are super happy that the proposal got approved!
We had two successful opening weeks and are ready to continue on working on all the proposed features. PLUS: We also have some new exciting news/possibilities for other NEAR usecases.

A lot of thanks to the community

This is my wallet adress
fabu.near

3 Likes

Heya @fabu ,

How’s things going on this front? I can see you mentioned a workload for 6 months back in April. Hope development is going well :muscle:

Would love to see some metrics/updates on this front - looks awesome!

1 Like