To the attention of @marketingdao-council
Application form was submitted December 10 and here is the required Forum post:
Marma J Events DAO
Funding Scheme: December 2022 - January 2023
Project: Social Media & Content Creation for MARMA J CON
Previous Marketing DAO proposals:
[from our parent DAO, Marma J DAO] https://gov.near.org/tags/c/marketing/marketingdao/91/marmaj-dao
Since the beginning of NEAR, the Marma J DAO has been active not only in the digital but also in the physical space, helping to onboard new web3 users, working with numerous NEAR platforms, and integrating the aspect of social good into web3.
From Jan. 7-12, 2023, the Marma J Events DAO will lead the organization of MARMA J CON, an in-person conference and hackathon held in Antigua with virtual programming in the Metaverse (NEAR Hub & Myriad.Town). The event aims to connect hackers, web3 newcomers, and NEAR native personalities to hack for the social good and to promote NEAR and its platforms.
The event will consist of talks, workshops, and hacking hours, and tickets are already out on Mintbase. We are also working with sponsors as well as having submitted a NEAR Foundation Community Event Grant to support the project.
Current partners are NEAR Hub, Myriad.Town & Myriad Social, Allie Knox, Mintbase, NEAR Multicall, and the other Sub-DAOs: Marma J Gaming DAO, Marma J Research DAO, MarmaJchan DAO, muti DAO, Social Good DAO, and Kalakendra DAO.
As social media is crucial for this event, we have already prepared a strategy and plan for the next 4 weeks to get the word out and are looking for support from the Marketing DAO.
Our social media strategy includes the following tasks:
Newsletter: USD $600
Objective: Create and distribute 4-6 e-newsletters to promote MARMA J CON, NFT tickets, programming, partners, sponsors, and relevant information surrounding the event.
- Grow newsletter subscriber list by double (34) by December 31, 2022. Our subscriber list is currently at 17 people. This KPI is important because we hope to convert all of our email subscribers to MARMA J CON attendees. Newsletter messages are effective as those who have registered for email alerts have intentionally signed up to receive these specific updates and are likely looking forward to the updates.
Metrics To Date:
- 1st Newsletter: 13 recipients, 61.54% open rate, 15.38% click through rate
- 2nd Newsletter: 17 recipients, 47.06% open rate, 11.76% click through rate
Newsletter Budget Breakdown:
- USD $100 per newsletter for copy & design
Blog: USD $1,200
Objective: Create 4 blog posts (1 overview + guide to getting NFT tickets, 1 about the Hackathon bounties, 1 general event post, and 1 retrospective about the Hackathon and outcomes) with the goals of raising awareness of MARMA J CON, providing information about the event and hackathon, as well as education on how to use Web3 (acquire NFT ticketing). The blogs will also serve as a promotional tool to also direct traffic to MARMA J CON resources such as the landing page, activity information page, and Mintbase store to purchase NFT tickets.
- To have a minimum of 20% of visitors to click on a MARMA J CON resource from the blog.
- Keep MARMA J CON blogs bounce rate below 10%. This metric is important as it will help us determine the quality of the posts (low bounce rate = we are providing the user with the information that they need).
- To have all MARMA J CON blogs rank in top 10 most visited pages on marmaj.org.
Metrics To Date:
- To date, 23.1% of MARMA J CON blog traffic has continued to interact with at least 1 MARMA J CON resource following landing on the blog post.
- Bounce rate to date is 0% for the 1st blog post.
- The first MARMA J CON blog ranks #5 of most top visited pages for the month of December.
Blog Budget Breakdown:
- 4 blogs (2 x 500 words) + (2 x 1,500 words)
- At a rate of USD $150 per 500 words
- $150 + 150 + 450 + 450 = USD $1,200 total
Social Media: revised: USD $4,000
Social Media Budget Breakdown:
- Visual designs to be done by in-house design USD $100 per) x 30 posts = USD $3,000
- Visual designs and post creation to mutiDAO for content creation and sharing (min. 10 posts and story shares) on their Instagram account that the Marma J account will reshare or be tagged in = USD $1,000
Objective: To raise awareness of MARMA J CON to local Antiguan audience, as well as Web3 internmediates and Web2 professionals. Each post will have a CTA that encourages the user to take action (get tickets, register for email updates, share the post, etc.).
- Increase impressions, reach, and engagement (likes, reshares, comments, saves) with social content about MARMA J CON through paid campaign by a minimum of 50% compared to organic efforts.
Metrics To Date:
- Our Instagram efforts have been organic, averaging (all organic posts) the following metrics since November 14, 2022, per post:
- Impressions: 53.5
- Reach: 49
- Engagement (likes, comments, shares, saves): 10.5
- Reach: 30
- Account overview for Nov 11-Dec 10 (metrics compared to October 12-November 10):
- Reach is 507% higher
- Reached 833% more accounts that were not following account
- Impressions up by 1798%
- Profile visits up 1022%
- 11 website taps from profile bio
Objective: Create and share a minimum of 1 MARMA J CON related post on Twitter daily. CTA will direct users to take specific actions, including purchasing NFT tickets to MARMA J CON, visiting event landing pages, registering for email newsletter, etc.
- Maintain MARMA J CON related posts as top and top media posts until the end of MARMA J CON.
- Increase average post engagement (likes, retweets, and shares).
Metrics to Date:
- Had 1 MARMA J CON Twitter Space with all 8 Sub-DAOs present, hosted by Allie Knox (56k followers). Attendance for this space maintained an average of 30+ listeners for the entire 1 hour duration and also featured local politician from Antigua. Link to recording: https://twitter.com/itsmarmaj/status/1597652933038178304
- Attended NEAR FOR SOCIAL GOOD Twitter Space hosted by Harmonic Guild as a featured speaker. Chloe (founder, Marma J Foundation) spoke on behalf of the Marma J Foundation to share what we are working on as a foundation, as well as promoted MARMA J CON.
The following metrics provide an overview of the past 28 days:
- Tweets: 31
- Tweet impressions: 28.3 K (up 217.8% compared to previous period)
- Profile visits: 3,633 (up 57.3%)
- Mentions: 170
- Followers: 1532 (up 12)
- Top tweet: MARMA J CON 1st blog promo post earned 695 impressions, 14 likes, 7 retweets, 1 share.
- Top media tweet: MARMA J CON Twitter Space promo tweet, 493 impressions, 8 likes, 3 retweets, 1 share.
Objective: Build MARMA J CON resources online on marmaj.org to provide information about the event (schedule, participating, ticketing, hackathon, etc) to attendees, sponsors, and stakeholders. Resources include MARMA J CON landing page, Hackathon page (in progress), blogs and guides, and event calendar.
- Maintain MARMA J CON landing page as the most visited page on marmaj.org in the days leading up to the event, and the week of the event.
- Increase page views by at least 3x (metrics show first 11 days of the month) from now until the end of MARMA J CON.
Metrics to Date:
December 2022 by page (this list includes pages that contain MARMA J CON content):
- MARMA J CON: 269 page views, 0% bounce rate, 1:02 average time on page
- Home: 258 page views, 4.17% bounce rate, 0:38 average time on page
- MARMA J CON Actvities Schedule: 72 page views, 0% bounce rate, 0:38 average time on page
- Events: 32 page views, 0% bounce rate, 0:27 average time on page
Analytics Tracking & Reporting: USD $250
Objective: Google Analytics tracking across the Blog posts (4 plus press release), Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, e-newsletters (2 sent already with min. 3 more to go) to be compiled in a report following the event & to be shared publicly on the Forum and specifically with event partners and sponsors.
TOTAL IN USD: $6,050
NEAR Wallet ID / DAO: marma-j-events-dao.sputnik-dao.near
KYC through @mecsbecs
Thank you for your attention!