[Approved] Proposal For Starting A Near Sports Engagement and Education Initiative [featuring Near Football Viewing Centre and The Near Amateur League]

Concerning the viewing hall, have you considered paintings of NEAR Logo and some few info graphs on the wall? It will help viewers have basic understanding even when there isn’t a meetup.

@Dacha @FritzWorm what do you think?

5 Likes

Yeah, you may me think of a graffiti contest ! Would be cool !

And the another way is to have a big banner just hanging on the wall.

2 Likes

Thanks @IgbozeIsrael.

Great idea! It’ll probably mean that I’ll have to review the budget for the project. Except it is deemed unavoidably necessary, I’m disinclined to do so.

Thank you @FritzWorm.

There’ll be a Near banner, for sure.

1 Like

Good evening. Yes, why not. :wave: :wave: :wave:

2 Likes

Hey guys,

Is this a one-time payment or do you envision needing extra funding in the future?

2 Likes

Hello @David_NEAR

The Near Amateur League (football competition) may need extra funding in the future, depending on the success this 1st edition.

I plan to use the success of this edition of the NAL as a model to build more viable editions across the South-western states of Nigeria (and possibly the entire country). But this is a long term plan that will unfold with time.

In summary, extra funds for later editions of the football league may be required depending on the success of this first edition. This success will be easily assessable from the detailed reports that will be submitted.

Funding for the Viewing Centre, however, is once and for all.

Thank you.

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks for making that clear! :soccer:

What other initiatives and NEAR-focused events have you been involved with?

I’m hesitant to award these funds if there is no solid history of engagement and activity within the NEAR Community (beyond funding requests).

2 Likes

I understand @David_NEAR

I’m currently working on
Improving Governance Forum’s UI. I have developed a testing plan that, much to my delight, @AnaNastya told me you found satisfactory. I have also worked out a survey that’s awaiting your approval (you were OOO when I turned it in). I will probably administer the survey and interpret the results later.

It turns out that I have been working with you indirectly through OWS under Ana’s supervision.

I am always on the lookout for where I can fit in and serve. If, in addition, my word counts for anything, I am completely trustworthy and I resonate with what Near is doing

7 Likes

Happy to approve this proposal, seeing as the bulk is a one-time cost

cc @marketingdao-council - any thoughts?

6 Likes

Thanks @David_NEAR

Expect great results!

2 Likes

Let’s do it guys :wave::wave::wave:

3 Likes

Amazing Proposal To Make NEAR Reachable On The Ground :clap:

3 Likes

Thanks @Dacha

I appreciate your support. I look forward to creating a marketing masterpiece from this with the entire @marketingdao-council’s help.

:clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Thanks @zubairansari07

I’m glad you see the vision.

3 Likes

@AugustKinge always been a big football fan so happy to give this one my support :soccer:

6 Likes

Yayyy!! :man_dancing::man_dancing:

Thank you, @cryptocredit.

What football team do you support?

2 Likes

Moving to Approved, please submit a funding request to the DAO

3 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:
Thanks, @David_NEAR and everyone on the @marketingdao-council.

What a delight this is!

@Dacha :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Nice one, loving this contribution