[APPROVED] Onboarding DAO - October 2021

October Funding Request Proposal

Hi! We are the team behind the Onboarding DAO and it’s our mission to onboard and activate musicians and artists to the general creative communities and NEAR ecosystem. We recently submitted our Introduction post and are now ready to submit our first funding request to kick-start our initiatives that aim to grow and educate the community.

Here’s our list of plans!

Membership Drive - Phase One

We plan to better organize our membership data this month and introduce a Member Badge NFT for NxM members. We hope this can be emulated across the other creative communities, using the Onboarding DAO as our first use case.

• Member Badge Design [Bounty]
  • Fine tune Membership Form & Database
  • Convert Telegram members into actual members (near names, in a database) with a limited bounty
  • Distribution of Member Badge NFTs (end of the month)

AMA

• NxM Twitter Spaces - Every Tuesday for 1 hour. This is aimed at chatting with participating members about their upcoming events (on the NxM calendar) and helping to promote NxM activities and onboarding.
  • Clubhouse Monthly - Scheduled for the end of each month before NxM Live. This 1+hr AMA will cover broad topics around NFTs, DAOs, Blockchain & Artists.

Engagement:

We also feel it’s important to create further engagement for new members by having them participate in a series of two bi-weekly shows. Not only will these shows act as onboarding vehicles, they will activate members and encourage participation.

Bounties:

A series of bounties will be employed to incentivize community members as well as create unique artwork for our programs.

• Bounty for Member Badge artwork
  • Bounty for AMA & Engagement visuals
  • Bring a friend bounty for biweekly Community Call
  • Conversion Bounty to register members (10 per week at 1.5 N each)

Shows & Bounty Proposal

Crew Activities:

• Biweekly Onboarding DAO crew call
  • Monthly Report as a Newsletter post on NxM Medium recapping activities/progress

Council Members:

crans.near @Paul
symbolik.near @Symbolik
trashlights.near @steven
nataliecrue.near @NatalieCrue
nxm-live.near @vandal

Total Requested Funding Amount: $2470

• Bounties - $1000
  • Twitter AMA (x3) - $300
  • Clubhouse AMA (x1) - $200
  • Symbolik on the Blockchain (x4) - $400
  • DAO Management - $570

Target: onboarding-dao.sputnik-dao.near

DAO Link - https://app.astrodao.com/dao/onboarding-dao.sputnik-dao.near

8 Likes

Nice to see that you’re looking forward to expanding the guild :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I have a question: Why are these amounts/projects not included in the NxM DAO proposal?

5 Likes

Hey @JulianaM @tabear NxM originally had a small amount of funds allocated to facilitating onboarding and bounties until August (see the notes on onboarding in the report) because we noticed that to effectively empower these initiatives we needed to allocate more resources than we had, so we set up the DAO.

In September with the transition to $USD funding and internal changes, it further constrained our efforts to make the dedicated funds available. Despite the work done by some of the onboarding team in September, no one was rewarded for their efforts, so I spearheaded the committee for preparing the launch of the Onboarding DAO and over a few meetings with the team, we drafted this proposal.

Similar to what we’re doing with the NxM proposal to the Marketing DAO, we hope to effectively onboard existing and new members through the proposed initiatives above, not only to NxM but to the NEAR ecosystem as a whole, as the funds are simply not available through our monthly NxM funding for events & projects.

With our rapid growth it’s been challenging to keep up! The Onboarding DAO is our way of ensuring we have dedicated member support.

Hope that clarifies the purpose of this proposal and look forward to any or all feedback!

4 Likes

Do you think or would be reasonable for this “Onboarding DAO” to have a wider scope than just NxM? I’m sure many if the creative guilds could use onboarding support, both for general NEAR onboarding, and for their specific projects.

10 Likes

Yes, totally. The AMA’s and the engagement shows will provide general Near ecosystem information. As we’re focused on artists, this should cross over to the other creative oriented platforms like Mintbase/Paras and their Telegram channels.

We could apply the same membership processes to the other creative guilds and DAOs for member badge NFTs and member database. I think a lot of what we’re doing with NxM can be emulated by other Guilds/DAOs in general.

We’re there specific items in the proposal that could incorporate the wider community?

8 Likes

Awesome! I think the AMA’s and the Onboarding calls would be very useful for the wider community :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: It would be nice to have a calendar of these activities posted here or on the TG chats, once the proposal is [Approved] so we all can promote them within our DAOs and Guilds :v: :blush:

5 Likes

Yes, I imagine a central repository for information to be shared between guilds and DAOs would be important, a central calendar or event a place to ‘submit’ events and activities maybe?

5 Likes

This looks great and I am sure that it will help the wider community to give a smooth start into the ecosystem.

Would be great if the singular bounties & activities would be linked as well, once they are up in the forum :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nice. I want to participate at this DAO. We can work out some ideas and grow the range

4 Likes

Happy to mark this proposal APPROVED! Please do submit a payout for $2470 USD in NEAR to the Creatives DAO :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey Onboarding DAO! Commenting here to check in on:

• the progress of your plans here (did I miss the AMAs? I don’t see them on the calendar), and
  • also to ask if you’re present in the Creatives DAO Telegram chat in addition to the NxM one?

Since your scope has been expanded to operate as on boarding support for the entire creative community, it would be great to see your activity in the main Creatives chat as well as in the NxM one.

Over the next few weeks, the NEAR Community Team will also be making a concentrated effort to better direct creatives looking for on boarding support to the Creatives DAO Chat, so extra hands for answering questions, offering advice on next steps, directing folks to interesting events and bounties will be incredibly necessary.
Onboarding is a big focus for NEAR Core and your existence is vital and will be so helpful in ensuring our creative community is welcomed, activated, and engaged!

[cc: @creativesdao-council]

[FYI: @shreyas @jcatnear @Jessica]

4 Likes

Thanks for tagging us @mecsbecs .

I think we’d like to see a report from these activities (Bounties, AMA’s) and also more promotion of it on the Creatives Chat and so on, so other members of the community can invite people needing support to attend this meetings (including other DAOs).

cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Heyhey :slight_smile:

I agree with the previous comments and will leave the AMA post in here

From what I can see only the logo has been paid out so we’re looking forward to the report of the first month of activities. In case there are any materials for onboarding available yet, it might be a good idea to share them with the community as well so that every new NEARean can read & learn.

1 Like