[PROPOSAL] Marketing Initiatives for Marma J Foundation - April 2022
Month: April 2022
Guild Name: Marma J Foundation
Funding scheme: Monthly
The Marma J Foundation is deeply ingrained within the NEAR community and ecosystem. Our mission is to leverage Web3 for social good, namely the Dapps and resources that exist within the NEAR ecosystem.
To support our mission, marketing existing resources as well as creating resources to highlight use cases of various Dapps- the Marma J Foundation has created a marketing strategy that we would like to implement on a monthly basis. The marketing initiatives for our strategy include:
- Creating blogs and guides that showcase NEAR Dapps and community initiatives
- Facilitating projects that utilize platforms built on NEAR
- Example: 3XR Gallery Collection. This is an open call to our community members to create an NFT gallery using Mintbase’s 3XR virtual gallery tool. This gallery can be minted on the Marma J Foundation’s store, Letsbbcre8iv. Once minted, we ask that the gallery is submitted to the marmaj DAO for purchasing.
- 2021 Example: MarmaJchan NFT competition where we created a character for the Marma J Foundation and asked the community to draw it in their own style and mint it on Mintbase or Paras. Submitted NFTs were reviewed and collected by the marmaj DAO.
- Showcasing the resources that we create on a variety of platforms. Platforms include:
- Website: Our website is our central hub where we showcase all of our initiatives, resources, events, and more.
- Twitter: Our primary social media platform, where we post regular updates about what we are doing, as well as showcase what various communities are doing within the NEAR ecosystem.
- Facebook: Social media platform where we share updates about projects and initiatives.
- LinkedIn: Social media platform where we share updates about projects and initiatives.
- Instagram: Social media platform where we share updates about projects and initiatives.
- YouTube: Where we create and share videos highlighting NEAR Dapps. We typically discuss new NEAR ecosystem Dapps, platforms, and features. For example, the Coffee With Chloe in the Morning stream is an almost daily stream where Chloe (Founder, Marma J Foundation) discusses and tests out new features, news, and Dapps within the NEAR ecosystem. Links to the Dapps and platforms discussed are included in each video description. Click here for a video example.
- Telegram: We now have 3 Telegram chats to manage the Marma J Foundation; Marma J Foundation (external, community chat), Marma J Contributors (external, where we have our active contributors), and Marma J Council (internal, for council member discussions).
- Discord: We have a Marma J Foundation Discord server where we discuss and organize everything related to the Marma J Foundation raid parties on Crypto Heroes.
- Engaging the Marma J Community
- Example: The Marma J Foundation hosts monthly Community Calls (on the last Sunday of every month) where we review community proposals, answer questions, provide updates about our monthly initiatives, and more. Check out the Events page on our website where our Community Calls are listed.
- Incentivizing community engagement
- Example: Asking our community to help the Marma J Foundation showcase NEAR ecosystem Dapps and incentivizing them for their work. Check out this guide detailing this initiative.
We would like to propose that the Marketing DAO provide support to help cover the Marma J Foundation’s marketing-related expenses.
Metrics For Measuring Success
Metrics for measuring success include the successful development and implementation of:
- A minimum of 4 unique blog posts per month
- A minimum of 12 YouTube videos per month
- Updating the Marma J Foundation website with new content and/or new page(s) each month
- Creating and scheduling at least 10 social media posts per month
- Growing following on Twitter (main social media platform)
- Delivery of Marma J Foundation Community Call on April 24, 2022
Estimated Timeline And Achievement Milestones
The timeline to complete our metrics is on a monthly basis. For this month, our metrics are measured from April 1, 2022, to April 30, 2022.
Achievement milestones include:
- Successful publication of 8 blog posts/guides highlighting Dapps, events, and news within the NEAR ecosystem
- Successful creation and publishing of 12 YouTube videos
- Successful creation and publishing of over 15 social media posts
- Increased social media following on Twitter by 91 followers for the month of April (currently 1,261 followers).
- Successful delivery of Marma J Foundation Community Call (April 24, 2022, via Telegram)
Total requested amount in USD: $2,080.19
NEAR Wallet ID / DAO: marmaj.sputnik-dao.near
Wallet owner’s name: Marma J DAO
Marketing Materials: Total of $2,035.00
- Blog posts: rate of $175/post for a total of $1,225.00. A total of 7 posts were published for the month of April 2022 that highlighted NEAR ecosystem Dapps and features:
- April 4, 2022: Marma J Family - Chluff - NEAR Multicall
- April 8, 2022: How To Create a 3XR Gallery and Mint it Through a DAO
- April 8, 2022: How To Set Up a DAO on Astro
- April 8, 2022: Farming On The $marmaj-$stNEAR Pool On Ref.Finance
- April 16, 2022: marmaj DAO Collects Virtual NFT Galleries
- April 16, 2022: How To Buy A Mintbase NFT Through A DAO
- April 24, 2022: Marma J Foundation Publication Guide
- Social media: rate of $75/hour for social post creation and scheduling. A total of 15 unique social posts tagging NEAR Protocol and/or Dapps within the NEAR ecosystem were created and published. To create and share these 15 posts (including custom graphics), as well as monitor community engagement took approximately 6 hours ($450.00).
- YouTube: Rate of $30/video. On average, we create about 12 videos per month. For the month of April, 12 unique videos were created ($360.00)
Marketing Tools: Total of $45.19/month
- Website Hosting: $4.79/month
- Canva: $9.74/month
- Adobe Illustrator $21.84/month
- Zoho Social: $8.82/month
Upcoming (May 2022) Blog Posts to Look Out For Include: