[Approved] July 2023 - geNFesT - Event Budget - First Largest Real Life NFT Festival in Malaysia -

geNFesT is the first-ever NFT & Arts festival in Malaysia, and aspires to be the biggest event of its type ever held in South East Asia. 5,000 pax participation expected.

How NEAR can have a salient position on the festival:

• A Booth for NEAR / NEAR Malaysia to support Malaysian projects that build on NEAR (e.g Meteor Wallet, 3six9 NFT Marketplace and etc)

Why is it strategically important for NEAR to be present:

• Exposure for NEAR Protocol/Foundation in South East Asia as this is an international event

• Event is endorsed by the local authorities of Penang State (Malaysia)

• First-tier media partners like CoinGecko, Arabmarketcap, Machine and Humans, Bitcoin Malaysia and other local media partners.

• First-tier international speakers - 40 speakers

We would like to propose a grant of 5,000 USD to help on:

• side event during GeNFesT for NEAR / NEAR Malaysia Community

• expanding Community reach in the northern part of Malaysia

• rewarding the community with tickets for geNFesT (Normal price is 250 RM = 55 USD per person, giving out to community members at 50% discount → 27 USD per person, to be covered by this grant for 100 people, 100*27 = 2700 USD)

• user activation through BOS - QR scan to onboard users easily
    through Keypom

Below slides provide further information on:

• Team
  • Partners
  • Programme
  • Format

One of the notable DAO in NEAR ecosystem is partnering with us, DAOrecords for the battle of the bands, find the proposal attachment here: [Proposal] Meta Battle by DAOrecords x geNFesT

NEAR Wallet ID: berynteoh.near
Wallet owner’s name: Beryn Teoh

8 Likes

Can’t wait! Just tagging Marketing DAO council here - @marketingdao-council

3 Likes

I am happy to support the proposal. Thanks for a great job, legend @vandal !

2 Likes

Hi @beryn i have reviewed your proposal and it looks like something i am happy to support. Good luck with the event and look forward to seeing the Report. @vandal keep up the good work!

3 Likes

As a 3six9 founder, I am happy to unite different NEAR ecosystem community geographically based in Malaysia. Thanks for the support!

1 Like

We are putting hard work of the event and I believe it will be turn out great! Thank you~

1 Like

It looks amazing. Happy to support!

3 Likes

3six9 has made consistent effort through Kelson and Beryn to support the growth of the NEAR ecosystem in SE Asia: this is a speedy funding request but based on partners who’ve gotten NEAR funding in better markets, I think $5000 total for this event for NEAR as a flagship sponsorship is reasonable. This event is supported by the local government and will be advertised in Penang schools

3 Likes

Hey @marketingdao-council team, just checking the status of this proposal. The event is coming up this weekend! Thanks!

Hi @beryn thanks for the proposal and patience with the review process. I see a number of reasons to support this proposal despite the short timeline:

• The collaboration with multiple stakeholders both inside and outside of the NEAR ecosystem
  • The use of keypom and user activation through BOS
  • Quality of main event (endorsed by local government and featuring top tier sponsors and speakers)

Based on the above, I am happy to support this. Moving to approved. One caveat to mention that I am including in all communications for proposals approved this week: there may be a delay in deployment of funding until July based on 1) the transition to the Marketing DAO as independent legal entity and 2) the Marketing DAO reaching the budget cap for June 2023. While this may not incur any delay at all, I am mentioning it in case there is a different cadence to the process.

1 Like

Hi all @so608 @cryptocredit @Klint, I have made a AstroDAO Poll, please kindly approve it. Thank you and appreciate it.

Please find the link below:
https://app.astrodao.com/dao/marketing.sputnik-dao.near/proposals/marketing.sputnik-dao.near-754

@Dacha @so608 @cryptocredit @Klint I have made a comment in AstroDAO, I think you guys don’t notice that. BTW, I have signed the agreement and completed every form. The last email I received is to wait for 72 hours to process since two weeks ago. Please advice if I missed out anything. Thank you.

Good Morning! Please wait for an answer
from NF. The Foundation handles all payments.

Great and successful event overall !

Greetings @marketingdao-council I was informed by the geNFesT team over a week ago that the funds were ready to be disbursed within 72hrs but we are still waiting. I’ve got winners and staff to payout and it’s been 5 weeks already. So, I wanted to see if I could get an update from your side regarding this. Thanks for your help in advance :pray:

Good morning @vandal !
I hope NF team will give feedback shortly.

2 Likes