[Approved] “FEMINU - an exhibition that became a DAO” and “FEMINU - a curator and the lessons about gender”

Hello, @Ghini !
we are very happy for receiving your proposal please submit it at ASTRO <3

1 Like

Hello @pinkalsky! Thank you! I am very happy with your support. It means a lot to be able to give voice to this cause and I also feel a great responsibility because I will be speaking for many.
Best,
Ghini

2 Likes

Thank you so much @macieira, you are a person who always works with the community in mind. I know I can always count on you. Gratidão :butterfly: :sunflower:

1 Like

Hey Ghini, what I meant to ask you at this moment is to submit a pool, so we can make the approval official <3

1 Like

@pinkalsky So sorry I missundertood :unamused:

1 Like

ฬ็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็oฬ็็็็็็็็็
hello @Ghini ! I am sorry I lost the chance to meet you in person at Casa Japuanga last Saturday, I hope I will have another chance soon <3

The Writer’s Guild Council is happy to announce that we are ready to make the first half of the payment to your proposal, please submit the transfer request of 130 DAI on ASTRO ࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲ ࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲ ࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲ ࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲࣲ

2 Likes

Hello @pinkalsky, I’m sure there will be no lack of opportunity. It will be a pleasure for us to talk and exchange many ideas. Thank you so much. :heart: :sunflower:

1 Like

Project Report : “FEMINU - an exhibition that became a DAO” and “FEMINU - a curator and the lessons about gender”

Project Status: Completed

Project Accounting:

The goal of this proposal was to write two articles of 500/700 words each based on my experience as curator of the historic FEMINU (Feminine NFTs Universe) exhibition that brought together 60 artists among cis women, trans women, non-binary women, and transvestites, celebrating the feminine in all its diversity at the Museu xyz in the cryptovoxels metaverse, a unique initiative in the NFT universe, with the aim of giving visibility to these minorities.

Updated Project Timeline:

The first article was written on time (April 10), however, the second that was scheduled to end on April 15 was only finished this week. The delay was due to a very intense work schedule this month here in the Near community. Next time I will organize better my schedule, thus reducing stress, so that won’t happen again and also contribute to take care of my health.

Highlights:

It is of infinite beauty and importance to be able to eternalize in words, the results of a professional experience that brought great personal growth, with learnings that I will carry with me forever, besides inspiring other people to embrace causes that need the union of those who are not satisfied with mere speeches. To have created a DAO from an exhibition is perhaps something unheard of on the web3, and this shows the strength that art has, which is not simply to bring together artists who want to sell their art. An exhibition can and should go much further, not only highlighting social issues that remain on the margins of society, but also serving as a means for some improvement to be achieved. FEMINU has changed the lives of some artists, including mine.
Long live FEMINU DAO! Long live Writers Guild!

Thank you all for the opportunity.

Ghini

FEMINU, an exhibition that became a DAO

In September 2021, being one of the curators of BrazucasNFT, which was the largest exhibition of NFTs by Brazilian artists until then, I realized that the participation of cis and non cis women was very small. I then had the idea of organizing an exhibition that would showcase women artists that today represent 10% of the art world in the physical plane and only 5% in the universe of NFTs. Thus, was born the FEMINU exhibition, an acronym for Feminine NFTs Universe.

FEMINU had as its objective the commitment to diversity. Everyone who identifies in some way with the feminine, whatever your concept of the term feminine, was welcome. Cis women, trans women, non-binaries, and transvestites. In all, sixty artists, including myself, were brought together by a force that defies chance.

To my surprise, the vast majority of the artists had never minted an NFT before. Hours of conversations explaining about this new universe and I was enchanted by their enchantment. They arrived full of hope, amazed at this space of its own language and almost abstract concepts, unknown and enigmatic, to which we have already become accustomed without realizing the attraction it exerts on those who, for the first time, cross this portal. I was affectionately nicknamed " Portal Magician".

Throughout my work, there have been countless stories of life, of abandonment of one’s own art, of prejudice, of low self-esteem, of violence of the most diverse kinds, of an immense need for respect, opportunity, and visibility. I usually say that we know we are loved when we are seen.

FEMINU started to show the main reason why it came into being. The artists brought their stories along with their art, cementing a force that emerged from the intersectional perspective of respect for gender diversity.

While they learned about NFTs, blockchains, cryptos and web3, I learned about the various genders and some, I confess, I didn’t know about, and I also learned about neutral language and what it represents, regarding the respect we should have for each person’s absolutely legitimate gender choice. I heard about the difficulties in getting a job, solely and exclusively, because of prejudice. In this context, a chat, idealized and organized by the filmmaker Thais Almeida Prado, about dissident bodies, art, and NFTs came up, which is on FEMINU’s YouTube channel.

FEMINU was a success, bringing on the opening day about 300 people to Museu xyz, which hosted it in the cryptovoxels metaverse, but the movement that had started continued with the idea of making the international exhibition still this year and it was becoming increasingly clear that FEMINU was much more than an exhibition, because it brought in its essence, discussions of very strong social interest. It was then that the artist Natasha Cremonese catalyzed all this into the idea of forming FEMINU DAO that intends to continue to discuss gender issues, give support to artists who are in vulnerable situations, provide learning opportunities and visibility for the arts, initially with International FEMINU. As an opening of the DAO’s work, we will have a debate about violence against cis women, trans women, non-binaries, and transvestites.

The FEMINU DAO is a one-month-old baby, but just like the FEMINU exhibition, it was born big and with an important mission that goes beyond the artistic issue.

Ghini
Brazil, 10th April 2022

“FEMINU, uma exposição que se tornou uma DAO”

Em setembro de 2021, participando da curadoria da BrazucasNFT, que foi a maior exposição de NFT por artistas brasileiros até então, me dei conta de que a participação de mulheres cis e não cis era muito pequena. Tive então a ideia de organizar uma exposição que mostrasse mulheres artistas que hoje representam 10% do mundo da arte no plano físico e apenas 5% no universo das NFTs. Assim, nasceu a exposição FEMINU, um acrônimo para “Feminine NFTs Universe”.

A FEMINU teve como objetivo o compromisso com a diversidade. Todos os que se identificam de alguma forma com o feminino, qualquer que seja o seu conceito de feminino, foram bem-vindos. Mulheres cis, mulheres trans, não-binaries e travestis. No total, sessenta artistas, incluindo a mim, foram reunidos por uma força que desafia o acaso.

Para minha surpresa, a grande maioria dos inscritos nunca tinha mintado um NFT antes. Em horas de conversas explicando sobre esse novo universo me encantei com o encantamento desses artistas. Chegaram cheios de esperança, espantados com este espaço de linguagem própria e conceitos quase abstractos, desconhecidos e enigmáticos, aos quais já nos habituamos, sem nos apercebermos da atração que exerce sobre aqueles que, pela primeira vez, atravessam este portal. Fui carinhosamente apelidada de “Maga do Portal”.

Ao longo do meu trabalho, me deparei com inúmeras histórias de vida, de abandono da própria arte, de preconceito, de baixa auto-estima, de violência dos mais diversos tipos, de uma imensa necessidade de respeito, de oportunidade e de visibilidade. Costumo dizer que sabemos que somos amados quando somos vistos.

A FEMINU começou a mostrar a razão principal da sua existência. Os artistas trouxeram as suas histórias juntamente com a sua arte, aglutinando uma força que surgiu da perspectiva interseccional do respeito pela diversidade de gênero.

Enquanto aprendiam sobre NFTs, blockhains, criptos e web3, eu aprendi sobre os vários gêneros e alguns, confesso, não conhecia e também aprendi sobre a linguagem neutra e o que ela representa, com relação ao respeito que devemos ter pelo direito de escolha de gênero absolutamente legítimo de cada pessoa. Ouvi sobre as dificuldades em conseguir um emprego, única e exclusivamente, por causa do preconceito. Neste contexto, surgiu um chat, idealizado e organizado pelo cineasta Thais Almeida Prado, sobre corpos dissidentes, arte e NFTs, que está no canal da FEMINU no YouTube.

A FEMINU foi um sucesso, trazendo no dia da abertura cerca de 300 pessoas ao Museu xyz, que a acolheu no metaverso cryptovoxels, mas o movimento que tinha começado continuou com a ideia de fazer a exposição internacional ainda este ano e foi ficando cada vez mais claro que a FEMINU era muito mais do que uma exposição, porque trouxe na sua essência, discussões de forte interesse social. Foi então que a artista Natasha Cremonese catalisou tudo isto na ideia de formar a FEMINU DAO que pretende continuar a discutir questões de gênero, dar apoio a artistas que se encontram em situações vulneráveis, proporcionar oportunidades de aprendizagem e visibilidade para as artes, inicialmente com a FEMINU Internacional. Como abertura dos trabalhos da DAO, teremos um debate sobre a violência contra as mulheres cis, mulheres trans, não bináries, e travestis.

A FEMINU DAO é um bebê de um mês, mas tal como a exposição FEMINU, nasceu grande e com uma missão importante que vai além da questão artística.

Ghini
Brasil, 10 de abril de 2022

“FEMINU - a curator and the lessons about gender”

Realizing an exhibition like FEMINU (Feminine NFTs Universe) was quite challenging and at the same time a great learning experience. From the conception of the idea to the opening were a little less than 6 months. A unique exhibition. For the first time cis women, trans women, non-binary women and transvestites together, showed their art on the web3. Sixty artists in the whole. A rare event even in the physical world, and much more so in the NFT universe, where we are only 5%.

The question about genders started with the choice of the name. I used the words Feminine and Universe, with the intention of encompassing all forms of identification with the feminine, without falling into the rancid patriarchal definition and its heritage of submission that does not admit other forms of being as a body or as feelings and experience. In the correct use of words, I started my apprenticeship.

There is no way to get it right when you approach a subject that you do not dominate. And so, with little knowledge about genders, but very good intentions, I started the submission phase and soon found myself making a comment on the Twitter of one of the great references in non-binarism, in a not so appropriate way. They sent me a very harsh message, in box, saying that my language was neither neutral nor appropriate. I accepted the criticism and answered with a request for help, which was promptly answered. I then started to expose this difficulty to the artists, who little by little taught me the beauty that lies in correct language, because, by taking care to treat each person with their specific pronoun, this implies respecting the gender choice - a basic right still not recognized by Brazilian laws.

One of the features that I find interesting in the cryptovoxels metaverse, where, at the Museum xyz, the exhibition was held, is that there is a certain equality in the fact that physical characteristics or gender choices, for now, don’t necessarily have to be identified. However, I am often called bro and this, deep down, shows that it is a man’s land and I get a feeling of not belonging, as if it is not my place. It is necessary to change this reality and give voice to the genders that don’t have visibility, neither as artists nor as people, mainly so that the web3 doesn’t mirror the exclusion that occurs in the physical world. Many artists have difficulty in showing their art and even in getting jobs. In the galleries around the world, 90% are men. We must think of web3 as a more igualitarian place, but for this to happen we need attention and specific actions.

Along this path, I could also reflect about the violence inflicted on all people whose bodies do not find a welcoming embrace in this life, because throughout millennia, the feminine has been defined by those who identify themselves as men, in a history of oppression repeated and perpetuated by mothers, who pass it on to their descendants without any questioning, not leaving much room for other choices. It is frightening, for example, the fact that for 13 years Brazil has been the country that kills more trans people in the world. Many are the ones who do not fit within the culturally established standard, and this imposed standard brings about an excluding and violent attitude.

Creating and realizing FEMINU was a life apprenticeship, which meant much more than getting to know genders that until then I didn’t know or learning how to use a neutral language. I learned about a cause that concerns all of us and for which it is necessary to mobilize and fight in order to reduce the immense prejudice that exists in relation to the numerous issues that involve and accompany the right to gender choice.

Ghini
Brazil, April 26th, 2022.

“FEMINU – uma curadora e as lições sobre gêneros” -

Realizar uma exposição como a FEMINU (Feminine NFTs Universe) foi algo bastante desafiador e ao mesmo tempo um aprendizado muito grande. Da concepção da ideia até a abertura foram pouco menos de 6 meses. Uma exposição única. Pela primeira vez mulheres cis, mulheres trans, não bináries e travestis reunidos, mostraram sua arte na web3. Sessenta artistas ao todo. Um evento raro até no mundo físico e muito mais no universo dos NFTs, onde somos apenas 5%.

A questão acerca dos gêneros iniciou-se com a escolha do nome. Usei as palavras Feminine e Universe, na intenção de englobar todas as formas de identificação com o feminino, sem cair na rançosa definição patriarcal e sua herança de submissão que não admite outras formas de ser como corpo ou como sentimento e vivência. No uso correto das palavras, iniciava o meu aprendizado.

Não há como acertar quando se aborda um assunto que não se domina. E assim, com pouco conhecimento acerca dos gêneros, mas muito boa intenção, comecei a fase das inscrições e logo me vi fazendo um comentário no Twitter de uma das grandes referências em não binarismo, de modo não apropriado. Elu me mandou uma mensagem muito dura, in box, dizendo que minha linguagem não era neutra, nem adequada. Aceitei a crítica e respondi com um pedido de ajuda, ao que fui prontamente atendida. Passei então a expor essa dificuldade também aos artistes que aos poucos foram me ensinando a beleza que há numa linguagem correta, pois, ao se ter o cuidado de tratar cada pessoa com o seu pronome específico, isso implica em respeitar a escolha de gênero - um direito básico ainda não reconhecido por leis brasileiras.

Uma das características que acho interessante no metaverso cryptovoxels, onde, no Museu xyz, foi realizada a exposição, é que existe uma certa igualdade pelo fato de que características físicas ou escolhas de gênero, por enquanto, não precisam estar necessariamente identificadas. No entanto, frequentemente sou tratada por bro e isso, no fundo, mostra que se trata de uma terra de homens e me vem uma sensação de não pertencimento, como se lá não fosse meu lugar. É preciso mudar essa realidade e dar voz aos gêneros que não têm visibilidade nem como artistes, nem como pessoas, principalmente para que a web3 não espelhe a exclusão que ocorre no mundo físico. Muitos artistes têm dificuldade de mostrar sua arte e até em conseguir empregos. Nas galerias mundo afora, 90% são homens. Devemos pensar na web3 como um local mais igualitário, mas para que isso ocorra é necessário atenção e ações específicas.

Nesse percurso também pude refletir sobre a violência impingida a todas as pessoas cujos corpos não encontram nesta vida um abraço acolhedor, porque ao longo de milênios, o feminino foi sendo definido pelos que se identificam como homens, numa história de opressão repetida e perpetuada por mães, que a transmitem aos descendentes, sem qualquer questionamento, não deixando muito espaço para outras escolhas. É assustador, por exemplo, o fato de que há 13 anos o Brasil é o país que mais mata pessoas trans no mundo. Muitos são os que não se encaixam dentro do padrão estabelecido culturalmente, e esse padrão imposto acarreta uma atitude excludente e violenta.

Criar e realizar a FEMINU foi um aprendizado de vida, que significou muito mais do que conhecer gêneros que até então eu desconhecia ou aprender a usar uma linguagem neutra. Aprendi sobre uma causa que diz respeito a todos nós e pela qual é preciso se mobilizar e lutar para diminuir o imenso preconceito que existe em relação às inúmeras questões que abrangem e acompanham o direito à escolha de gênero.

Ghini
Brasil, 26 de abril de 2022.

P.S.: As soon as they are minted I will post the articles links.

4 Likes

Hi @pinkalsky! Good night. Can I ask for the second part of my payment? I already posted the report, bellow.
Best,
Ghini

1 Like