[APPROVED] Engage-a-thon at NEARCON w/ ShardDog: A Grant Proposal for CDAO & MDAO

How we hope to fund this grant:
A collaboration between CDAO and MDAO in funding.

Total amount $8500 split the costs 50/50 amongst CDAO and MDAO. MDAO $4250 and CDAO $4250

Bridging a necessary gap in production and setting new precedents. By seeking funding from both the CDAO and MDAO, this initiative also serves as a model for how NEAR projects can leverage targeted grants to grow their projects.

Summary of Engage-a-thon
The Engage-a-thon is a marketing activation designed to be a highlight of the upcoming NEARCON conference. This interactive event aims to engage conference attendees by offering a competitive platform where projects can create and distribute ShardDogs.

The initiative also incorporates a “NEARCON Passport” feature that is part of CDAO Planet, which serves as a digital journey map for participants.

Fill your Digital Doggy Bag with NFTs and discover new projects building on NEAR Protocol

Featuring booths, multiple projects and brands attending, and some key influencers of different projects at NEARCON and a unique ShardDog associated to collect, attendees are encouraged to visit each booth, engage with the people and projects behind them and collect commemorative NFTs that will unlock different prizes and access from the event and booths.

The more ShardDogs collected, the more chances to win prizes.

Each booth has the option to gatekeep any merch or promo items using their ShardDog.

This will increase wallets created and create intimate discussions with projects and attendees.

Giving context and usability to NFTs, showing off an intuitive onboarding experience.

Objectives

• To increase engagement and interaction among NEARCON attendees and projects.
  • To provide a platform for projects to showcase their art and technology.
  • Give context to usability for NFTs
  • To create a content package that includes videos, post-event write-ups, and a dashboard with statistics.

Budget Allocation

$8,500

*Engage-a-thon : Overseeing and organizing the activation ensuring its coordination and success. Preparing beforehand and onsite handling of activation.

Implementation Plan

Phase 1: Pre-Event (4 Weeks Prior) - have already started organizing teams.

Development: Continuing development of the NEARCON Passport and ShardDog dashboard.

Phase 2: During Event

Launch: Officially start the Engage-a-thon and NEARCON Passport.

Live Updates: Keep the dashboard updated and share live content.

Engagement: Encourage participation through announcements and live leaderboards.

Phase 3: Post-Event

Content Package: Compile videos, write-ups, and statistics into a comprehensive content package. This case study is used to leverage and iterate future activations

Prize Distribution: Announce and distribute prizes to winners.

Review and Analysis: Conduct a post-mortem analysis to measure success and areas for improvement.

*Engage-a-thon production total: $3,500

Travel Stipend for on and offsite Facilitator (plane, lodging, Uber): $2500

• Wallet Prizes (randomizer): $500
    We want to encourage people to use NEAR for transactions outside of Nearcon. Giving small increments of NEAR allows those onboarded to continue transacting on the network.

• Physical Prizes (merch): $500

• Marketing and Content Creation: $1500

Socials posted already
Launch tweet - https://x.com/sharddog/status/1713905891324334192?s=20
Call for projects - https://x.com/sharddog/status/1714619518692008284?s=20

This includes video content with ShardDog/Ready Layer One team, write-ups, recap threads, other socials, announcements/followup and marketing materials onsite for attendees to deepen understanding of activation. Pre/During/Post.

Metrics for Success

ShardDog’s collected per day.

• Engagement Rate: Number of ShardDogs claimed and NEARCON Passports filled.
  • Content Reach: Views, likes, and shares on post-event content.
  • Participant Feedback: Post-event surveys to gauge attendee satisfaction.

ShardDog will not receive any funds from this grant; it is entirely dedicated to supporting the NEARCON 2023 event.

Wallet for funding: readylayerone.near

Total amount $8500 and from MDAO $4250 from CDAO $4250

We will try to split the costs 50/50 amongst CDAO and MDAO. Bridging a necessary gap in production and setting new precedents. By seeking funding from both the CDAO and MDAO, this initiative also serves as a model for how NEAR projects can leverage targeted grants to grow their projects.

Conclusion

The Engage-a-thon aims to bring community engagement at NEARCON, strengthening the NEAR community through creativity and collaboration.

We believe the Engage-a-thon will not only be a NEARCON highlight but also set a new standard for community engagement and collaborative funding in future events.

8 Likes

I just want to chime in that this is a brilliant idea and has had a wonderful reception from within the NEAR Foundation and from the events team behind NEARCON!

6 Likes

Thanks for submitting this @joe-rlo – we are still waiting for next steps from HoM before beginning the next official MDAO review process. In the meantime, one thing I think we’ll need on the proposal is a clear statement around KPIs once we have those set for the next funding period based on current NF, NDC and ecosystem objectives. We should have those in place soon.

1 Like

Hi @joe-rlo @jarednotjerry thanks for submitting this – I think this is a great idea – have you and the team applied for side event funding from NF? This is where we have directed all other applicants requesting funding for NEARCon side events during this review round. Can you let me know about that before I review? Thanks.

1 Like

I would like to support this proposal publicly.

It’s been incredible to see the evolution of ShardDog from an experiment built on top of Keypom to growing into one of the main onboarding avenues for NEAR and (soon?!) a fully fledged platform with robust functionality that leverages NEAR superpowers.

In addition to the value and desired outcomes listed on the proposal, I’d like to add that an huge value add that I see is that this is a fun way for people to experience NEAR. I’ve been to countless conferences with broken experiments that fail (people even gave up on free food because onboarding flow was too hard). I would like to think that as hundreds of people experience ShardDog, they will in turn become SD users and NEAR net promoters. (i.e. I can see myself replicating this model during Orientation Week at Universities in Australia, tens of thousands of students. Imagine what all the other attendees may come up with to use this technology in their regions and industries).

This seems like an absurdly low cost to boost a project that has a high chance of building incredibly strong network effects that can have a high impact on key metrics for NEAR in months to come (it’s all about onboarding baby!)

3 Likes

Ok, so I can say/type “amazing project”…or any other forum-anon “proof of cartel” web3 bullshit…

…but FFS…Sharddog is an amazing project…and this is exactly the sort of organic near-centric proposal that should be supported…

2 Likes

Hello! I am happy to support your proposal because all your activities in ECO align with NDC goals and KPIs. Thank you for great job!

3 Likes

Hi @joe-rlo thanks for your proposal. I have been following the growth and achievements of ShardDog and am impressed with what you have achieved. Happy to approve this innovative cross funding project with @creativesdao-council . Good luck at NEARCON

2 Likes

Hey @joe-rlo @jarednotjerry Happy to support – looking forward to seeing this be a hit at NEARCon. Moving to approved.

2 Likes

Dear Marketing (Eco) DAO contributor, your application was approved by Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO. The approved proposal included in October’s request to NDC Trust.

Please advise that during this transition period (NDC v0-v1), the following applications’ approval procedure:

1. :green_circle: October 21 - 25th time for proposals from the Community, updates accordingly to NDC Metrics;
  2. :green_circle: October 26 reviewing by MDAO councils, approval on governance forum, and creation post-request to NDC (House of Merit , CoA, NDC trust);
  3. :yellow_circle: October 27-31st, House of Merit (HOM) will review your proposal;
  4. :red_circle: October 31 – HOM will vote for your proposal on-chain;
  5. :red_circle: November 1, in case of successful approval by HOM, HOM will pass the request to COA to vote on-chain;
  6. :red_circle: November 2nd-6th – CoA will review your proposal and vote on-chain (can veto);
  7. Once the CoA gives its approval, the NDC Trustees will carry out the transaction, provided that the expenses align with the Trust’s objectives;

So, during this time, please

1. Fill out the form to pass KYC KYC Request Form (if not yet)
  2. Wait for future instruction from Marketing (Ecosystem) DAO and an invitation to create a transfer on Astro DAO.
  3. Please join NDC Marketing HUB Telegram: Contact @ndc_marketing
  4. Please get in touch with me on telegram @kmotiv 24/7 if you have any questions.
1 Like

This was so cool, good job everyone NEARONC 23: ShardDog & Tekuno | Forefront Tak | Flipside