[APPROVED] Crossword puzzle and engagement efforts promoting NEAR's eco

Whether this went through or not, the Shitzu community has given me nothing but support. @agt and @odin are knowledgeable pieces of the community.

I respect them both and the group in its entirety. They have stayed active in this bear market supporting Near projects. I am part of the NEKO community yet they have showed me nothing but love instead of tribalism. This is some of the glue that keeps our beloved community held tightly together.

I recommend the Marketing DAO work with them. Who is doing what they do on such a low budget?

7 Likes

Thanks for your proposal AGT.

Happy to support. Few notes and commentary:

• Shitzu community is one of the few very active, committed communities we have in NEAR.
  • Shitzu community has operated for a long time without asking for any type or rewards or compensation merely for existing (admin, moderators, etc.)
  • The price point of the puzzles is very reasonable
  • Puzzles satisfy the new thresholds set by Strategic Goals of NF in several ways, including, but not limited to - requiring both Shitzu team members and participants to spend time researching and learning about NEAR ecosystem and the chosen project (required to be able to solve project) and it is this kind of support for new projects and awareness that are more likely to increase adoption (Target 10m MAU on-chain).

Finally, I want to close by reminding everyone to be polite. Not to feed the trolls and not to emulate the toxicity that keeps attacking the forum. Stay calm and let’s address grievances in an appropriate manner.

Keep up the good work

7 Likes

Thanks for the proposal and your patience as we’ve reviewed. I can support this – I’m noting the strong support from the community, as well as the effort and commitment the team has shown to growing not only its own community, but also the wider NEAR ecosystem. It was also helpful to hear directly from @agt during the most recent Marketing DAO Twitter spaces, and I’m also aware of a positive conversation/meeting with council member @Dacha last week to address outstanding questions.

I also want to echo comments from @satojandro – I know it can be easy to get frustrated with the proposal review process. I understand that it is frustrating at times to be reviewed, for delays to occur, for misunderstandings to occur and for people outside your project to not fully understand the nuances of your project.

That said, I think there’s a tendency to jump to the conclusion that a question is hostile or negative in nature when in reality, we 100% have to ask questions and be very careful in reviewing every proposal or we jeopardize funding as a resource for community projects.

I also want to remind the community that the Marketing DAO purposefully has a variety of people – including those who are OG community members and those who are involved in the community, but primarily marketing industry professionals aiming to bring a balance and different perspective to the job. Obviously no system is perfect, which is why we have spent months spending hours and HOURS each week trying to improve operations and determine how to better serve the community in collaboration with builders and the NEAR Foundation. Anyway, keeping it profesh and polite on the forum is crucial to the ecosystem growing in the way that we’d like it to. Toxic attitudes can bring a community down.

Looking forward to seeing how the project continues to grow.

5 Likes