[APPLICATION] Programa de Bolsas artísticas - verapm.near

Hi everyone!
Here is my application for the Open Call:

1. Vera Machado / verapm.near

2. Lisbon, Portugal

3. Instagram: @verapm

4. www.verapm.com

5. Artist Statement

I am an illustrator and an art director, working for a variety of animation projects. My work explores the relationship between memory and nature. I am interested in the places and situations that appear by simply putting together foggy recollections of the past, blurring the line between lived experience and fabricated reminiscences.

6. Blurb of Current/Planned Project

Recently the main focus of my work has been the narrative possibilities of memory. I have set my approach to illustration as an enforced routine of an almost automatic drawing process of fragmented impressions (see the images below). My objective is to animate these drawings as a way to better reflect their ethereal nature.
This stipend will allow me to dedicate time towards the demanding process of animating these pieces and explore a mix of traditional and digital techniques.
These animated narratives can then be sold as NFT’s.

7. Samples of your work

follow this link for more samples: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/psmn44lnvp3fw0e/AACRZpgRxJhgtzm4W1gK9UNra?dl=0

Thank you!
Vera Machado

3 Likes

Hey vera, @verapm
Thanks again for your application! The selection process was not easy one for us. Your application is strong and well done. We think that your illustration project has quality and interest, although we feel that the impact of the stipend on your project wouldn’t be the strongest among the applications. We really appreciate your work, but unfortunately for this edition we selected Sara Mosli and João Emediato.
We used the following evaluation criteria: » Quality of Artwork » Past Experience » Fiting with Incubadora concept »Quality of application »Impact of the Stipend on the artist/project
It was a very hard decision, and we will keep your application for the next round! Feel free to add more info if you’d like or edit your post. We will be reviewing again in November.
Cheers

We would like to send you an airdrop of 4.4N for the participation!

1 Like