mailzabernard.near

Location (City and country)
Tiradentes, Brazil

Social media accounts (if any)
instagram.com/mailzabernard

Website or digital portfolio when applicable

https://mailzabernardmb.wixsite.com/portfolio

Artist Statement - tell us about your artistic practice and poetic intent;

In my creations I question hypermodernity from decolonial feminist perspectives, in a focus on identity, motherhood, and mystical relationships with nature. I mix several languages as a way to experiment with transdisciplinarity and disobedience to artistic traditionalism. I seek to recreate multidimensional sensorial objects that mix nature, electronic waste, ceramics, embroidery and other combinations that are often accompanied by sound and/or aromatic works. These objects are anthropophagized and transformed into crypto-art, regenerative art and experimental audiovisual, seeking to humanize digital art and perpetuate traditional knowledge.

Project synopsis - how will this grant contribute to the project? What kind of artistic work are you planning to complete with this grant?

For this edition I would like to continue the research Unsustainable Structures: poetic forms of ceramic repair as a metaphor for overcoming the adversities of motherhood. Exploring transdisciplinary possibilities for the joining of ceramic parts, such as the use of other materials and artistic languages. Part of the proposal is the production of a video-performance where I perform with a ceramic bone supported on my back for a period of time, being interrupted several times to meet the demands of my baby, letting the piece break and then rebuilding it. I would like to present how interruptions and exhaustion in motherhood alter the paths of mothers’ lives, which despite being a painful process can be transformative. The scholarship would help me to buy materials for the project, as well as to support myself during the period, since as a mother I am limited to a different production rhythm from the labor market.

Examples of recent artworks or not - max. 4 works

Everything in the portfolio and social media.

4 Likes

*The scholarship would help me to buy materials for the project, as well as to support myself during the period, since as a mother I am limited to a different production rhythm from the labor market.

3 Likes

Hey, Mailza! Thanks for your submission! We hope to announce the results by February 1st. Good lucky :dizzy: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Olá, Mailza!

Thanks for your application! We had more participants than ever and the selection process was not easy for the jury of this 3rd edition.

We used the following evaluation criteria: » Quality of Artwork » Past Experience » Fitting with Incubadora concept »Quality of application »Impact of the Stipend on the artist/project

It was a very hard decision, but unfortunately, your application was not selected for this edition.

You are more than welcome to apply again in the next rounds! Stay tuned :crossed_fingers:t5: :hugs:

Cheers :purple_heart::dizzy:

Website | NEAR Forum | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram | YouTube | Mintbase

1 Like