Afrika Burn "Save the Clan" NFT Fundraising Project / Description of the process

I am doing a project with Caro (mintbase) and Yessin (NEAR) for Afrika Burn.
We are looking for artists who mint and donate their artwork to afrika burn (according to the Southpole project in May/June).

For that cause I am looking for a very detailed description how the processes work. During the process with southpole and also now when i am explaining the idea to people who don’t know anything about cryptos, etc. it became more and more important to have a manual that describes every step in detail.

Caro asked me to write down some bullet points what the process description should contain:

Artist description

• Short sentence what a blockchain is
  • Short sentence what near is
  • Short sentence what mintbase is
    (example in baby-language : crypto is a blockchain currency which allows you to buy art online. Instead of buying it with EURO on Amazon or Ebay, you are buying it on the platform Mintbase where artists upload (mint) their art.

… we can not talk about « minting » without explaining what minting is.
I remember when i started, my friend said « Soon can we start minting» and i was like «what are you talking about?» :smiley: …then he said “you can upload your artwork? minting means uploading in the crypto-market”
we have to keep in mind that the artists who do physical art are often not in front of the computer. They even want to avoid computer and the digitalisation. We need to explain in detail to make sure that we can onboard also physical artists and not only digital artist.

• Step by step manul « How to buy NEAR » for example on Binance
  • How to open a near wallet
    à can be also explained with the QR-Code to make it easier
  • How to transfer NEAR to the NEAR wallet
    AND
    How to receive money via QR-Code drop
  • How to open a mintbase profile and connect the near wallet with the mintbase login
  • How to mint within the afrika burn store (without deploying their own store because i will deploy an afrika burn store)
  • How to buy an artwork?
  • What does rolling auction mean?
  • How does that work with the offer? With the 24h regulation, etc.? …e.g. i receive an email that someone makes an offer

Investor description

• Short sentence what a blockchain is
  • Short sentence what near is
  • Short sentence what mintbase is
  • (example in baby-language : crypto is a blockchain currency which allows you to buy art online. Instead of buying it with EURO on Amazon or Ebay, you are buying it on the platform Mintbase where artists upload (mint) their art.
    … we can not talk about NFT without explaining what it is. For example : « it is a digital artwork that is sold on a plattform and whenever it is resold the original artists profits from it » … some people answered my question what an NFT is withu « it is a non-fungible-token » and i looked at them and said « what are you talking about ? » :smiley: again… we need a baby-language-description for people who have never heard anything about crypto, bitcoin, ethereum, etc. :smiley:
  • Step by step manul « How to buy NEAR » for example on Binance
  • How to open a near wallet
    à can be also explained with the QR-Code to make it easier
  • How to transfer NEAR to the NEAR wallet
    AND
    How to receive money via QR-Code drop
  • How to open a mintbase profile and connect the near wallet with the mintbase login
  • How to buy an artwork?
  • What does rolling auction mean? Advantage/disadvantage
  • What does fix price mean ? advantage/disadvantage
  • How does that work with the offer? With the 24h regulation, etc.? …that someone else can make a higher bid. The artist doesn’t have to accept immediately… etc. etc.

Caro or I can answer all your questions: I am available via email claudiapeter1981@gmail.com

I can also send you the presentation/concept about the project.

I look forward to hear from you.

4 Likes

This is really awesome. Big fan of the burns :fire:

2 Likes

hey @vandal, hey burner then <3

would you like to join as an artist? Or would you like to support the project in a way?
if you like to connect: @claudiaart | Linktree

1 Like

I’ve wrote you a privat message :hugs:

2 Likes

50N for the creation of a guide paid to @vandal :slight_smile: just posting here for transparency :innocent: thanks for the nice work :slight_smile:

3 Likes