Hey everyone! Please find 2021 Q1 Engineering OKRs below. Please leave any comments or suggestions.
Berry Pickers ← clickable
- Improve simulation testing;
- Publish best contract writing practices, including contract upgradability patterns;
- New fungible and non-fungible token standards.
Bridge ← clickable
- Productionize bridge on Mainnet. We’ve been running bridge on Mainnet since Nov 2020, but unfortunately in is not very user-friendly as it requires using a CLI. It also lacks SLA, documentation, dashboards, monitoring system, stress testing, etc.
EVM ← clickable
- Deliver stable and secure EVM on Testnet. Launching it on Mainnet is a stretch goal;
Chain ← clickable
- Deliver stable, secure, and peformant Mainnet. As our usage increases we are putting a lot of work into eliminating bottlenecks and sub-optimalities to make sure it continues running;
- Pessimistic bridge support. We are adding secp as a validator signature;
Infra ← clickable
- License compliance. We need to make sure the licenses for all our projects are consistent with the licenses of our dependencies;
- Transition of RPC services to third-party providers. As our usage continues increasing, we can no longer rely just on ourselves and so we are transitioning a lot of work to various third-party providers, further decentralizing our network in the process.
Contract Runtime ← clickable
- Reliable gas estimation tool for Wasm and EVM. We are extremely careful in determining fees for various operations performed on our blockchain. We use QEMU to measure exact number of CPU instructions and separately estimate cost of IO operations;
- Reliable network. We are placing various mechanisms and adding tests to make sure contract execution cannot affect stability of our nodes.
Node Interfaces ← clickable
- Beef up https://explorer.near.org/;
- Improve reliability of our RPC in all possible ways: richness of the data, reliability, etc.