[Updated] Girly Magic Fashion Editorial - Tay Olua

Proponent: @TayOlua Tay Oluá

Hi, I’m Tay Oluá and I’m very excited about starting my first project with #nomadelabel-dao :purple_heart: feeling welcome!

Target Wallet: Tayolua.near

Project Timeline: june, 10 - July, 10

Proposal Abstract
Experimental interaction with “extremely girly outfits”. Girly Magic is about gender before anything, using creativity as a tool to process the effects of a racist and sexist social structure.

Justification
Gender is present in our lives even before we’re born and it defines what kind of possibilities, behaviors, colors, people, places and hours are socially allowed to us, whether we’re boys, girls, none or both. When this profound pressure gets together with racist dynamics, it gets deeper, making it harder for racialized people to feel human and automatically, making it harder to feel associated to gender norms in a violent way, constantly producing a denial behavior in front of elements culturally associated to genders norms or a desperate run for performing the closest gender ideal while feeling it’s never gonna be possible.
This kind of social pressure does not allow people to experience and experiment gender performance in different ways, trying to keep gender concept as a static idea, and pruning color, places, people, hours and experiences according to social gender norms.
Girly Magic is a femininity performance experimental process through fashion production, using textures, colors, makeups and lights to drag femininity around.

“I have been painting my world pink, trying a free form of being feminine, or not. And it has been magical!”

Objective
To produce a fashion editorial through a collective creative process.

Produced Pieces

• 1 satin and plush dress
  • 1 plush vest
  • 1 plush top
  • 1 plush skirt
  • 1 plush purse

Obs: Most handmade production process

Ref.: Login • Instagram [presenting the fist 2 pieces from this small and experimental fashion collection and introducing a gender discussion]

Final Products

• 1 Fashion Editorial
  • 1 NFT as a register

Total Budget: 500 Usd in DAI

• Team onboarding 5 Usd
  • Team payment 495 Usd in DAI

Technical File

• Shaping, Cutting & Sewing: Tay Oluá
  • Makeup: Badu
  • Hair: Queerhairstylist
  • Models: Tay Olua & Michaela
  • Photographer: Dazo

Production Steps
Pre-Production | June: 10 - 20

• Production Direction meeting: Team, schedule, artistic refs, ecosystem relationship
  • Articles of clothing last adjustments
  • Checking team schedule
  • Team meeting: Gathering art and beauty refs
  • Photoshoot direction meeting: Confirming refs to be followed, checklisting needed equipment and the need of locating any tool, confirming team schedule and photoshoot date
    Production: 20 - 25
  • Studio production
  • Hair Production
  • Photoshoot, filmake, making of
  • Gathering editorial refs
    Post Production: 25 - 30
  • Video and photo post production
  • PDF editorial production
  • Text production
  • Marketing material production
    Distribution: 06/30 - 07/05
  • Minting
  • Releasing
  • Reporting

Obs: This project provides for the onboarding of the production team and 1 NFT registration for each professional on the technical sheet.

12 Likes

Wow, awesome :clap::heart_eyes: i Love this!

1 Like

I’m happy you like it! These clothes took me through a long and complex reflection to understand that I didn’t hate pink color, I hated being forced to love it.

1 Like

Wow… I love the vision… I’m a fashion designer and also into fashion marketing… Will love to be part of this project… Any way I can contribute I will… @TayOlua you can message me and as well check out my fashion Brand Instagram page Instagram.com/St.Rayzenah

3 Likes

That’s awesome! And your brand is incredible. This is just a humble fashion experiment but, no doubt, you’re already contributing! I followed your brand page at Instagram and would love to know more about your work.

1 Like

St.Rayzenah Luxury apparel a Nigeria base clothing line that has been in existence since 2012 here in Africa, Been known for integrity and quality oriented… our products and services are English and African men and women clothing…
Saint Rayzenah has clothed a lot of personalities, USA models and Nigeria base celebrities.

1 Like

I’m in love with Saint Rayzenah’s instagram! I’m also advising and producing a young independent local brand here in São Paulo, Brazil, the brand’s name is Mile Lab. Their insta page: https://www.instagram.com/mile.lab/
Hope you like our work, we alreay love yours!

2 Likes

Wow… Your page is extraordinary… I love every content in your page

1 Like

We’re honored! Any way in which we can collaborate would be fantastic.

1 Like

Message me on telegram let’s deliberate on that Telegram Messenger

1 Like

Hi @TayOlua thank you for submitting your project to Gambiarra DAO.
The council will be evaluating your proposal.

2 Likes

Hi, @Dazo thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

Adorei

vem pra #nomadelabel-dao @TayOlua ! Podemos apoiar futuros proposals :wink:

4 Likes

muito incrível essa proposta, @TayOlua
:star_struck: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Eu to acompanhando as propostas da Nomade e amando! :purple_heart: Ainda vou colar num evento presencial

1 Like

Curtiu mesmo? As peças são bem simples e experimentais, mas a experiência de produzí-las foi transformadora e só depois veio a reflexão

2 Likes

sim, para além da reflexão muito pertinente, me interessou esse processo de produção de peças físicas que se tornam um editorial de moda e um nft… vejo a possibilidade de vendas hibridas, performance com as peças, e a venda nft das próprias peças físicas. acho muito potente

3 Likes

The dialogue around here is pretty cool … a written project that has already won the public forum, and is gaining many ideas from friends.
:grinning: :raised_hands:t4:

3 Likes

Thats what the forum was made to be :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @ritamaria @blusw @Styleherbalist and @Dazo for welcoming and paciently guiding me through some important ideas for the community and for my artistic work! Hope we can all learn and work together :sparkles:

2 Likes