[Update] NEAR ITALIA - Follow up

Hi Everyone,

I hope that you are all doing well and you are having a nice beginning of the year,

Me and @stanisnear wanted to give an update on how are the Italian Guild and give a follow up to this proposal: [APPROVED] Near Italia_Budget_Social Media_Networking_Article Publication.
The post might be a bit long so I decided to divide it into 3 chapters so you can be free to skip to the part that interests you the most :blush:. Of course I appreciate if you take the time to read it all.

- Accepted proposal follow up:

Our main goal for the first tree months was to create an active community, bringing good and reliable content to the the Italian audience.

At that time our only source of information and content was the Instagram page but in December, as soon as our article was pubblished on “The Cryptonomist”, things started to become really interesting and our community started to bloom.
With the article we advertised and launched our telegram channel that from that moment on started to grow and today it counts more 100 members (our target was 50 members).

Here you can find some analytics:

The channel keeps growing day by day and is also active on daily bases (of course, as you can see from the pictures, with days that are busier then others).

On the other side unfortunately our Instagram page received a shadow ban. Most probably because we downloaded a third party app to get more insights and analytics. We appealed in order to get it back but Instagram is still not giving us a feedback. The page counted around 270 members.

After the initial disappointment and seeing that the claim of our old page was taking a lot of time we decided to go ahead creating a new one:

[Login • Instagram](https://Near Italia)

- Givaway and new projects onboarding

In the previous post we mentioned that we were thinking about doing a givaway.

We thought that instead of choosing the usual 3 lucky winners we wanted to reward more people, above all, the ones that joined our community in an early stage.

At the beginning of the month we got in contact with 2 italian artists that were interested in opening a store and mint NFT. We decided to cooperate with them and Martina created an NFT exclusively for us. The NFT will be airdropped to all the wallets that join our givaway, here is the little teaser that we will post between today and tomorrow on our Instagram:

The 100$ funds will go to them and that would represent the first Italian reality that we supported :blush:. Luigi and Martina already minted the first series/collection that is available on their store on Mintbase: [thepusher.mintbase1.near - Mintbase Store](https://The Pusher)

In the past few months a lot of ideas and proposal have been brought to our attention.

Among the proposals that we are looking at, there is the one of setting up an Italian Node (still at a very early stage) and a very interesting project proposed by Alberami. Alberami is an Italian Startup that takes care of certificating the CO2 “neutralization” throught the “adoption” of olive threes in Italy. They would like to code the cerification using the NEAR blockchain:

https://www.alberami.it/

• Knowledge base and Translation

Regarding the knowledge base, as already mentioned, we thought that the best and fastest way to create a reliable source was to get the article published by a well known entity. The Cryptonomist was the best option for us for the reasons already mentioned in our funding proposal. The article has been written by me together with the help of some community members. It is available in 2 versions English and Italian and offers a big picture of what NEAR is:

On the translation side we decided to focus first of all on the NEAR wallet. I translated in Italian this blogpost: How to Use the NEAR Wallet – NEAR Protocol

You can find the translation of how to create a NEAR wallet on the document attached.

Come creare un Wallet Near.pdf (66.0 KB)

Moreover toghether with @Fitz (mostly Evelina to be honest :blush:) we are cooperating in order to translate the NEAR wallet in Italian (basically creating the Italian version of the wallet).

Last but not least, we took the freedom to “invest” on the creation of the Italian DAO:

https://app.astrodao.com/dao/near-italia.sputnik-dao.near

The DAO aims to support and offer bounties for the members of the community that want to cooperate to the success of the Guild an add value to NEAR

I thank you everyone for taking the time to read this long post and I wish you all a nice day :blush:

@marketingdao-council

4 Likes