Translation of the Near website into French

Hi Nearians !

We are two musicians/ artists in the NxM (Near x Music) guild. I am South African and my partner is French. I have also been living in France for the past 14 years. I propose to translate the Near.org website into French and to have it proofread by my partner Max Komori. I propose 35$ for 500 words (which come to an average of 7c a word). I am not sure what that would work out to exactly for the whole website but it can be broken into smaller sections.

To translate all the menus, the intro page, in the learn section : the platform (near in a nutshell), NFTs, DAOs, Defi as well as all the different DAO descriptions the total world count comes to 3997 words at a rate of 0,07c per word so 280$ for the basic skeleton of the website and some key sections from the learn menu as well as the brief description of the DAOs and guilds.

I just got back 5 days ago from a trip to Kinshasa as part of the Yango or Kinshasa Biennial and I would love to onboard the artists and musicians I met there that were mostly from DRC but also Cameroon, Benin and Senegal. There are a number of blockages to entry including the need for a VPN and the language barrier. We formed a very tightly knit community in the time I was there with the 50+ artists, the art academy, the people that came to the biennial, the institutions that invited us. I am looking into the best possible onboarding process via Opera which has an integrated free VPN and will maybe allow one to create a NEAR wallet from there (it says impossible to create a wallet without a VPN). I am testing different work-around options to find the onboarding solutions.

The language barrier seemed less of an issue to me before since we are based in Paris and many people speak English but on my trip to Kinshasa I realised that in order to onboard creatives, the translation issue was a barrier that needed to be resolved first. I will make another post about my hopes for a francophone creative community that could be onboarded into crypto through NEAR and NxM via a french-speaking group for artists both visual and musical.

Hey!

I do believe that localisation and translation are on the roadmap. Unsure if there’s room for community translations atm but will keep you in the loop :curly_loop:

1 Like

Hi David,
Thanks for your reply. I just want to see that I understand correctly : by community translations do you mean translations done by the NEAR community? Claudia

Hey, yep that’s right

1 Like

hello, I have a translation office and I want to participate in this competition. this is my real job
. is it still active? can I join?

Hey! Love the enthusiasm, but this isn’t a job or competition. Just a proposal that isn’t currently actively being pursued. If we do pursue community-crowdsourced translation then we’ll share the news :100:

ok then, we expect good news soon

I will forward it to a friend who teaches Portuguese and French.