[REVISE] Blockchain Class @ UCLA [$10k]

TLDR of the proposal: Sponsoring a blockchain class at UCLA, payment would be to cover cost of two TA’s for the quarter. In collaboration with blockchain education non-profit (we can pay in unlocked tokens through them, or in FIAT directly to UCLA).

Detailed proposal: Syllabus starts with Bitcoin, then Ethereum, and then we could add a section on NEAR. Final project will be chain agnostic. However, we could set a class homework assignment that involves building some sort of simple application or exercise re: building on NEAR.

Initial Draft of Syllabus: UCLA Syllabus Draft (Spring 2021) - Google Docs

Potential ROI/impact on the NEAR Ecosystem: This is an advanced Computer Science elective class at UCLA, so access to a targeted group of approx 40 software engineers interested in blockchain. An opportunity to test drive some of our learning workshops and initiatives, as well as create awareness. We can re-use some of the NEAR-related content via our YouTube channels or to reach a wider audience. Also works on building bridges with Bitcoin/Eth ecosystem via our input on class lectures, speakers series, etc.

Amount of funding: $10,000 USD

Project lead (internal/external): Dani

Vote
  • Yes
  • No
  • Abstain

0 voters

I’m curious if we have the bandwidth for the curriculum build?

Biggest concern. You get what you put in. Otherwise it’s great!

I voted no. I think the ROI and exposure for NEAR is too small relative to the effort and funding required.

Hey @waverlymaven any updates on this one from @Cameron ?

Assuming no follow up/updates on this?! @waverlymaven @Cameron @amgando … going to close and archive this topic in a few days.

I would rather invest our curriculum design energy into creating content and activities for schools and universities to adopt at will instead of focusing on a single institution.

Something like these:

1 Like