[Report] The Lambe-lambe Project

Mensal report: September/October

Project’s name: The Lambe-lambe Project

Project’s status: Final stages

Link to the initial proposal: The Lambe-lambe Project

Link to the first report: [Report] AUGUST - ongoing - The Lambe-lambe Project

What a run! First I would like to thank not only PROCD DAO for building the bridge with me to turn this project into reality, but also Creatives DAO for making this whole experience possible.

The Lambe-lambe project united unique talents, some that were very far from the web3 world, some that are still learning about it and some that are already part of the ecosystem.

Due to some delays, the project, which was programmed to be finished on the 10/10 is still in its final stages, but we have enough material to show what has been done so far.

First step: Workshop

On 17/October, João Araujo led us to the inspiring world of lambe-lambe through a workshop in Portuguese, since all of the participants are brazilian. Dazo also joined us in this nice exchange among photographers.

Since not all the participants could be present on that date, we offered a recorded version of the meeting for everyone to have the chance to learn and create their own lambes. We are also planning to release the recorded material online in the web2, as a mean to attract more views to the work at PROCD.

João brought not only a general view over the subject, but also shared with us his own work and processes, explaining his methods of work and personal suggestions, which was very enriching.

Second step: Do it yourself

The participants received a template with a QR-code (leading to PROCD’s Mintbase store) to apply to their original photos which they subscribed to the open-call. They were then instructed on how to do it alone and were also asked to make a small video of the process. The final goal as to take a photo of the lambe-lambe, which should also be minted on PROCD’s Mintbase store (Procd Photographers on Mintbase), challenging the notion of the boundaries of art: the photo and the lambe-lambe are two different art pieces.

The general feedback we got from the participants was very positive: most of them felt inspired from the workshop to use lambe-lambe as an extension of their artistic practices. For me, this human aspect of the impact is the most valuable one, which reaches people directly and expands their realities.

Metrics:

4 new wallets were created

17 NFTs were minted at PROCD’s Mintbase store

We asked for the participants to create a video while doing the lambe-lambe, which turned out to be a great idea from @Dazo ! So far 4 participants sent us their videos and tagged us on their social media, which was very satisfactory.

We will post that material gradually, but you can already check one of them here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjLq5LOD74S/

Learnings

This was the first project conducted by me here in the Near Forum and I’m very honored from the trust given to me. As a first trip sailor, I had a lot to learn.

Since the project involved onboarding a reasonable amount of people, I tried to be as careful as possible with providing enough and clear material for people to understand what was happening there and how they could make their transactions in a safe way. From that, a pdf was born explaining how to send money from the near wallet to Binance and send it to one’s bank account in Brazil. Since there was also a need for such a material for our partner DAO Nomade Label, we decided to create this material in collaboration with them. Particularly @pinkalsky, @gushlewis and @blusw helped us with creating trustworthy instructions.

Also a material for creating a proposal in Astro was created at the beginning of the project.

It was lovely to be directly in contact with so many interesting photographers and to put effort into creating a nice space for sharing each one’s developments. @Dazo was always very helpful and also a fundamental piece for this project’s success.

Cheers to PROCD!

Next steps:

Since we extended the final date to mint the last NFT to the 16th October, now the participants who concluded all of the steps will be able to ask for the second part of the payment on Astro. The money left from the ones who did not conclude will be reverted to PROCD DAO.

It is also planned to bring the Lambe-lambe Workshop to the public in Youtube or in smaller videos on Instagram. We are thinking about the possibilities and how to better bring that material to web2.

5 Likes