[REPORT] Programa de Bolsas Artísticas - elizabethramos.near

Incubadora DAO team, I’d like to thank you first of all… Being selected for this stipend that valorizes artists in multiple contexts brought me not only just a relief in executing my ideas, but also brought me an ruge happiness for knowing that many of us can have the opportunity to be supported in their artistic dreams.

A special thanks to @JulianaM , who was extremely attentive during the process.

KINI O FE RI is a project I’ve been working on for some time through research, testing and production. It’s a work about miscegenation, about “non-place”, and being able to be supported in a project like this has given me confidence to follow what I believe in.

I’m an artist who works with different media, but not just that… I give tutoring classes, I clean houses, and other jobs that help my livelihood. The difficulty of being able to work with what you love, and then being supported on it is indescribable.

With the stipend I could finally equip my studio to execute this project, I could purchase clay, gas, plaster, tools, and others. These are indispensable materials that if it wasn’t by some financing I don’t know how it could be possible to buy it.

This scholarship also helped me with time. I was able to focus, organize, study and execute with a calm that I wish for everyone, time is also an indispensable tool.

Regarding the processes, from the first stage, which was the purchase of the materials, I could than invite the first people to collaborate with the project, giving their faces to the plaster mold. It was five molds after all which was replicated and became twenty five ceramic pieces. So, the months of December and January were the first step of the research where I made the mapping and face molds of people who declare themselves as mixed race.

Regarding the NEAR conversion, I was helped with the whole process and I did it very easily.

Unfortunately, the torrential rains that affected Minas Gerais did not let the plaster dry enough in time to do this report with the results in clay. But I hope soon to be able to share the results with you.

The images below are part of the process of the face molding, a slow, immersive and very satisfactory process.

3 Likes

thank you so much @elizabethramos for putting this together! We feel very honored and proud of your achievements! Whenever you feel like collaborating more with Incubadora, go ahead!
:smiling_face: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

We have now a new store exclusively for artworks from artists that collaborate directly with us, are you interested in minting some of these pictures there?

Contact us :slight_smile:

1 Like