[Report] Onboarding: Arroz Criativo Community Manager

Project member: @raquelareia

Target: raquellima.near

Total hours spent : 80h

Requested : 1100$ (in NEAR) for 80h

Hello, Creatives!

Spring is here as I am writing my first report/payment proposal ever.

It’s been quite a roller-coaster of a month, but my seatbelts were on – meaning that, first of all, I had a lot of support. I’ve been working as a journalist for more than 20 years but have never ever received such a warm welcome. Every single person that I’ve turned to has shown me some empathy, embracing the concept of community that we are all working hard to see grow. Thank you!

Although I have a tech and cultural coverage background, I was in awe of how little I knew about the crypto world! So, my first month onboarding as Arroz Criativo community manager involved a lot of reading and writing (notes to myself). In the process of learning about the decentralized organizational side of the Force, I’ve been getting to know the Governance Forum, the process of publishing proposals and reports; alongside the AstroDAO voting process (hello, Function Calls implementations!).

As community manager for a DAO so creative, such as Arroz, I also took some time to get to know the studio holders, the Planting A.I.R. residents, the ongoing and the upcoming projects. I was glad to be able to help out my co-workers during our casual in-house workshops targeting the Fair Distribution of NEAR Proposals.

I am also trying to integrate myself into the Creatives Community through the Telegram chat, while managing our Telegram account and promoting our Shillin ‘n’ Chillin weekly sessions (are you familiar with our Lisbon Crypto Group Meetup Group, guys? I’ll leave the link here). During our meetups, I created some wallets and assisted some workshop hosts in the process of buying pizza with NEAR.

I still have a long way to go but I am very happy to be part of this Community.

@CatiaCiriaco and @lvgs759 you are the best!

Thank you, @mette @roadworks @StevenR for your trust and for keeping the community spirit alive at Arroz.

Be happy!

Raquel

2 Likes

Happy to have you with @raquelareia !!!

1 Like