[Report] CREATIVES DAO APRIL FUNDING REPORT

I dropped some questions and observations on the comments. Please check back, see and help me understand some of your decisions. Because I ask some questions there too.

@Paul @Cryptonaut @williamx @kc_sollano

There has been a lot of discussion on the CreativesDAO charter, and they have worked extensively to update it to align with the vision of the NDC and the Community Treasury. Please review and provide any further comments:

The Governance Working Group (GWG) has also requested the Marketing and Creatives to have Council reelection criteria and shorter terms for the council in their charters. The CreativesDAO has updated theirs to a term of 1YR.

Regarding Conflict of Interest, each council member should recuse themselves from voting for any allocation that would have a direct conflict.

3 Likes

Thanks @blaze! Community loves you. Please be with us in the pivotal moments. Their charter focused on the mods support and their friends. Don’t afraid to say them NO. We will support you everywhere.

Please be more clear about your concerns. I did notice most of the funding went to the previous DAOs and that could be seen as bias. However, several people have vetted the matrix, and it is of good substance and quantity for evaluation.

There is also a max number of times that a DAO can request funding once per quarter, does this allow for enough variation in funding? That would be my only question.

In the case that a DAO does not receive approval it would be advisable to work with a DAO that does.

What are your specific concerns? Have you been able to read the Charter?

The Community(NDC) Goal is to get V1 NDC Gov online, which will have elected representatives from the Community. This will usher in the House of Merit (HoM), which will review the grandfathered DAOs operations and decide whether funding will continue.

NDC V0 Gov is to only last 1 QTR, which means after that time funding will be reviewed by the HoM.

I am Human is coming THIS MONTH we need the Community to register and be ready to vote!

In addition, the Creatives DAO has added some language around Decentralization to their charter. Creatives IS NOT a SINGLE DAO. It is a Constellation with many Nodes, Workgroups, Projects, Products and Collectives with sustainability and competition. The goal is for both the Creatives and Marketing DAOs to decentralize and become Constellations. This will be accomplished via Workgroups, Subworkgroups, and Spinouts.

5 Likes

Hi Vladislas,

All CDAO councils have stepped down from their pre-existing council positions to the DAOs they were associated with.

Note - Being a member of an associated DAO gives no right to the CDAO councils of making any fund allocation or governance decisions.
It’s purely a gesture of support for the project they love.

However, I can see the issue and how it can be viewed as conflict of interest.

Thank you for bringing it up. Let us discuss and get back with a response.

A humble request - From Mods to approved DAOs and DAOs that didn’t get funding, all are trying to build on NEAR. We’re a community that is experimenting and trying to build something unique and new.
Support and a suggestion on how to move forward would go a long way than just a comment showing others in bad light.

9 Likes

Amazing work was (and is still being) done by the Creatives DAO community. The team have really provided multiple projects with space and opprotunities to develop more rapid. Moreover, they are very engaged and look deep into the projects, helping to improve the organization or conceptions. They help with collaborations as well.

Glad to be a part of such a community. Hope together we’ll activate the whole NEAR community in the future!

5 Likes

Congrats to those that got approved.

Sadly we didn’t get approved this time again and we really did put in work to learn, grow and proper research.

It’s just so sad​:person_facepalming:

3 Likes

Congratulations to all projects and DAOs that got approved
Unfortunately Apex Trybe wasn’t but we are pleased to know that you found merit in the proposal and believe that with some refinement it could have a better chance in the future. We are definitely willing to work on and refine the proposal as needed

Cheers and have a great week ahead

3 Likes

I would like to let the creative mods know that the approach towards grading community metrics in eligibility for funding is not really straightforward and open to rational scrutiny for evaluation.

I have 3 questions for the creative moderators

1. How was it that the Ubuntu Photgraphy Fellowship scored so low despite having at least one community member present during the creatives weekly calls and claiming NFTs, built a community of 20 people as a new community, have 34 followers organic traction on its Instagram, collaborated with NeAR Dapp genadrop.io of minority programmers

2. How did the creative mods score a new dAO/community like the Ubuntu photography fellowship low on decentralization when it has three members as councils on its DAO and other members on its DAO as contributors and these members have Creative community calls Nfts claimed and have been present collectively during community calls: a significant precursor to genuineness and dedication on te part of the community towards BUILDING ON NEAR

3. How did the Ubuntu Photography fellowship not get funded and yet fund a DAO like the India verse DAO which is without a known community on chain/off chain, has no activity before coming to NEAR and no activity on NEAR yet.
    It is really ironic that the Indiaverse DAo submitted a proposal alongside their introduction which in all respects show that they have no ad a familiarization with the creatives community so far

,and yet they get funded… submitting an introduction only when the funding window opens and the creatives moderators would prioritize such proposal over the Ubuntu Photography fellowship that has stayed over a month learning and familiarising itself with NEAR tech and networking with the community as a whole, creating content, minting on paras, collaborating with genadrop.io and a host of others. This practice doesn’t encourage genuine dedication to the community and a recognition of invested stakeholders who want to build creatively on the NEAR Blockchain

It is quite dis orienting to follow guidelines and adhere to rules, put in genuine energy, onboard and educate folks, build a community with legit socials to show for and this happens. It looks like there is a greater play to this…

Most painful fact is that, how did the indiaverse DAO introduce itself on the same day it was requesting funding and then get approved while communities that have shown proof of genuineness and lasted up to two months with evidence of activities on chain get ignored and score higher on the creatives score sheet without any knowledge of the indiaverse DAO community members or activities or even a known community telegram

@Paul @kc_sollano @Cryptonaut @williamx @IgbozeIsrael @Psalmy @Dacha

1 Like

I’m a council member of the Ubuntu photography Fellowship, and as a community we have been really active on chain

1 Like

It’s why we need an independent Transparency Commission in V1 to review the cases. The scoring system is partially subjective in my opinion, but looks suitable for the first approach. The weak side is applicants can cheat the system.

One person/wallet has opened three different wallets and appointed them to council seats. This allowed to get the necessary points in the “DAO/Decentralization” category. I believe the CMods team listens to feedback and will revise the system.

4 Likes

Exactly

Thing is, the creatives scoring system doesnt apply to such scenarios because that DAO doesnt even come on community calls or have a y familiarity with the creatives or leverage for its members.

We made sure of solving that multiple wallet problem by simultaneously having the core dAO members in the creatives call as a PROOF OF GENUINENESS a d SERIOUSNESS only to put in so much work and the creatives just ignored ALL OUR AUTHENTIC AND BY THE RULES EFFORT

Then reward DAOs and individuals that didnt hearken to the approval guidelines… this looks like double standard…please explain this @Paul @kc_sollano @Cryptonaut

2 Likes

I’m one of the councils member of the Ubuntu photography fellowship, the DAO as a new community has been really active on chain

When we reviewed your proposal, one of the thing that stood out the most were 3 things

1. Instagram account - not working

https://linktr.ee/enyinnayafreedom

1. LinkedIn account. - has 2 followers.

1. Twitter account was established in Feb 2023

The other 2 councils have just shared their Instagram and that doesn’t provide sufficient info about the leadership of the DAO.

Also, one of your councils is linked to John X which was a member banned for illegal activities using community funds.

I don’t know if @Dacha is familiar with John X situation. However, any association with John X will bring this community to bad light.

I didn’t see your comments about the metric system being a problem before your project was rejected and I doubt it would’ve been questioned if the proposal was approved.

For the reason mentioned above I personally didn’t support this.

Other @creativesdao-council might have other points to share.

8 Likes

Well said …truthful​:+1::+1:

1 Like

Yes Report from C1/NxM NEAR TOUR ( Abuja edition )

Thanks for great explanation.

4 Likes

Greetings! I provided 2/3 of my team members with wallets to use since the DAO creation was on my side and they asked me to cover this question because they were focused on their tasks. This or that way, this issue was discussed internally with my team according to DAO principles. So the only problem is that I provided my team member with own wallets.

It’s not a cheating because there are real team members but I wouldn’t do that again if I knew people would consider it like that.

Btw, that’s not the first time you’re acting like that. Your first message on our proposal was focused on the opinion that… we just want to support 1MIL tokens sale, which was rude enough.

Anyway, I’m glad there is space for such discussions. However, I hope they whould be more polite

Thanks for your respose

I appreciate your consideration, but i still have to note that your response did not answer the pertinent questions i asked, well let me answer yours then.

My instagram account is working and active, did you send me a DM that i didnt respond, no!! I have 45 organic followers, thanks

I feel this shouldnt be your concern about how i manage my linkedin account, i am a monk and i just came out of obscurity a few months ago to re-socialize. Does this observation portray any inadequacy of any sort or question of reputation? My linkedin account is fresh and i opened it recently upon working with Black History DAO. My name is enyinnaya and this me below

This is also not any reason to validate authenticity as i have stated above, i am a monk that just came out of obscurity, thanks…would it be reasonable for you to make any judgement with that? If you have concerns about legitmacy of an individual you can schedule a call or request kYC… at least thats better than sidelining a legitimate community to support one that has no evidence whatsoever… and yet you want to judge

Are they not legitimate working instagram accounts? , they are photographers and instagram is their preferred social app which is sensible to agree, and they can also speak for themselves. But i would ask you, did @Paul or anyone schedule a call with us to discuss this legitimacy or prod us with necessary questions to prove their identity and personality, and moreover this is a new community on NEAR they are just learning the ropes… what is the grouse?

Hello, i am friends with John X, i helped him engineer his album which was a masterpiece as people commented. He has being talking to us about NEAR for a while and he is the one that recommended you to us

Ill like you to note that John X is a great man, i wont deny that he has some touch of insanity which usually is a signature of genius but he has a heart gor growth and progress and lifting other people around him… he is a multidimensional being who is good to somee and bad to some, but who am i to make judgement, i am a monk and i will say that he has made some artistic and humanistic contributions that are worthy of emulating
I just spoke to him on te phone about all these and he should be able to answer for himself

Still, we have no connection with John X on this project and he is not advising us, he only recommended NEAR. Now let me ask you, how does being familiar with John X determine the credibility and integrity of what we are doing? John X is not part of our mantra or goals or objectives and has nothing to do with us, so how does his case interfere with ours? Please do answer… would you say that fonald trumps accountants or stewards are (evil) as donald trump because they work in the trump tower? That logic is not too sound i guess

But i would not deny that i know John X and also the fact that i see some good in hin that should be emulated

Please we are a community genuinely building, we have so much beauty in store, if you have inquiries about our personalities schedule a call with us, we would appear on video, we would do KYC, and if you have any issues with us please speak up, post on the forum, invite the community to speak and share their thoughts and not carry out agendaa behind the scenes that influence decisions that are borne of transparency and inclusion but of petty biases and grouse

Lastly

The Ubuntu Phoography Fellowshio had members that were ready to present themselves upon request… they had legitimate socìals at least… but the indiaverse people are not even known at all, dont even attend calls or nothing and they were funded

So how does your respose so far answer to the illegitimacy of your actions or show proof of owning up all the inconsistencies mentioned

@Dacha @Psalmy @blaze @Paul @kc_sollano @williamx

1 Like

Thank you! Have a good day.

It would be great to see another one
successful dapp in our Ecosystem.

@Michael_S could you please share your
Calendly please?

2 Likes

Hello,creative DAO mods can manipulate the scoring system at any time. If you disagree with it, your comment will be hidden on the forum. @blaze can we create a new Creative DAO WG, or is there a place for one Creative DAO only? Or how can we reelect councils?