[Report] (Creative Director| DAOrecords | September 2022)

DAO Name: DAOrecords
Position: Creative Director
Report for the month and year: [September 2022]
Proposed objectives: Delivery final reports for SoundSplash, creation of DAORecords Brand guides, PDF template and branding adjustments.

Accomplished Objectives

• 1-on-1 interviews with all Soundsplash artists completed completed. Trouble shooting final issues for artist roster including wallet delivery, NFT marketing and future integration of web3 with their releases and collabs with DAORecords.

*Final report and recommendations from Soundsplash doc. delivered to the team.

*Meetings with Vandal regarding the direction for DAORecords in the coming year, and communicating with Lena on the prioritized tasks including: 1. Landing Page 2. Logo re-design 3. Brand guide booklet 3. DAORecords.org

• Meeting via zoom with design / development team Lena, Peter and Paul. Pushing for weekly meetings to ensure deadlines are met.

• Tweak pitch deck for DAORecords with new branding and consideration of font sizing, Pantone used, matching styles and other detailed elements to put forward the greatest clarity possible.

• Designed posters and social content for TROACO back catalogue release and BEATSplash beat drops in collaboration with BeatDAO.

*Completed sketches and mocks ups for new DAOrecords logo, and worked with Lena to determine the shape and most key elements to put forward for the icon.

*Chose Font and font pairings together with Lena for the brand guide and website for DAORecords moving forward.

*Read literature sent forward from Lena with regards to pitch decks, font, design so that we can be on the same page to build up the design & brand guidelines for DAOrecords moving forward.

Summary: September was a month to move forward using Soundsplash as an experience to inform user usability (on-boarding, need for education nodes), interface design, and the creative direction of DAORecords moving forward. Coming into a new role as Creative Director, I worked more with the Lena on design aspects of DAOrecords toward developing branding & design standards for the label.

What to Expect in October

1. Meeting with team & outcomes document around final report for SoundSplash with the goal of creating a 1. Working document for future outreach packages 2. Waiting list for future artist profiles and engagements.

2. Creating Brand Guide and Standards for DAORecords

3. Re-design for DAORecords logo so that there are usable files with colour, size and horizontal / vertical options completed. (Including Logo, Font, Colour Palette).

4. Weekly meetings with Lena for development of site usability and aesthetic.

5. Developing a social media platform engagement template including design, dates, roll out.

6 Fine tuned pitch deck and “mini” pitch deck for short form presentations.

7 Attending videogame conference with Vandal.

NEAR wallet name: masiaone.near
Hours contributed: 40
Total requested funds: $2000

3 Likes

Two weeks worth of part time work = $2,000?

Hasn’t DAO records received large grants from the Foundation and/or raised money for investors? I don;t understand why ecosystem funds are still paying for DAOrecords entire payroll after all this time

1 Like

Hi there @hairen. If you want to inquire about our finances and details and understand where things come from you are welcome to have a look at our DAO for more details.

Also, I’d recommend a more personable approach when interacting on the forum. I don’t know who you are and I don’t think our team has ever interacted with you. I’m sure you would appreciate the same if someone you didn’t know replied to your posts. Cheers and have a great day!

1 Like

Hello @hairen nice to meet you. This report reflects 40 hours of full time work over 1 month.

My hope to illustrate this is not a money grab for my skills an experience, but a project I care deeply about, I see the benefits to the industry and want to see to fruition. It’s a tall order to take on “re-inventing the music industry” but after working in this business for over 18 years, I see the need and possibilities.

Please find my cv, with public endorsements of my skill sets so you can understand my work, experience and profile : https://www.linkedin.com/in/masiaone/details/experience

Feel free to DM me for further questions or concerns. Thanks!

2 Likes