NFT WG: V1 Funding Request (3 Months)
Section 1. Introduction
The NFT Work Group is a community-driven initiative that aims to provide solutions and standards for the challenges and limitations associated with NFTs on NEAR. Our primary objective is to revitalize and expand the Near NFT ecosystem. Elected by the community, the Work Group strives for long-term sustainability, aligning with Near Protocol’s core goals through NFTs as a catalyst for mass adoption. We have been actively working since March 2023.
We had our first meeting with NDC House Of Merit on 25th October 2023. There were valuable insights and recommendations during and after the meeting. We have taken into consideration all the feedback shared by HoM members while drafting this application. Despite some members’ suggestions for a reduced budget in Community Grants and other areas, we firmly believe that maintaining our current budget is essential to give ourselves the best chance to achieve the goals that we set for ourselves, and the priorities set by the HoM.
Section 2. Previous Funding
We have received a one-time start-up funding from CDAO for August and September.
This is the link to the transparency report on how these funds were utilized:
Section 3. DAO URLs
Twitter: https://x.com/NearnftWG - 797 members
Telegram: Telegram: Join Group Chat -366 members
DC: Discord -510 members
Near Social: NFT WG (nearnftwg.near) | Near Social - 20 Follwers
BOS Page/Website: Nft WG DApp Central (Under Construction) by nftwg_home.near on BOS
Trello Board: Trello
· Is Your DAO/Project Targeting a Specific Country? No
· Which region will your DAO/ Project support? Usually, regions can be defined by their language. North American Central, South America & Caribbean (Spanish), South America (Portuguese), Europe, Asia, Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East, or international by fact.
NFT WG is international by nature.
Section 4. Applicant Information
· Name of Point of Contact (The pseudonymous name the community knows you are acceptable. However, note that you will have to complete KYC to be able to receive funding from NDC) -Tej (aka Punter)
· Link to Governance Forum/near. social Profile - nearversedao.near· | Near Social
NEAR Wallet ID – nearversedao.near
· Wallet ID that will be receiving funds - nearnftwg.sputnik-dao.near
· Country of Residence - India
· Twitter, Telegram - @Punter_07
· LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tej-mirthinti-b2bb575a/ - https://www.linkedin.com/in/aescobar-mike-85208b285/
· Additional Relevant Links (add any other links to resources that highlight your work or involvement with the NEAR ecosystem. This may include your portfolio, GitHub, etc.) - NA
Section 5. Team Members
- Please provide information about Team Members. Information should include (name, roles, near. social profile handles)
· Tej (AKA Punter): Operations Management - Punter (nearversedao.near) | Near Social
· Krik: PoC & Communications - Krikkraktrak (krikkraktrak.near) | Near Social
· Aescobar: Marketing & Community Lead - Aescobar (aescobar.near) | Near Social
· Web3Plug (AKA Shot)- Technical Council - Web3Plug (web3plug.near) | Near Social
Section 6. Experience
What related qualifications, experience, or track record does your team bring to this initiative?
· Short Summary of Your and Team’s Professional Experience
· List Web3 Projects You Have Completed
· Live Links to Examples of Relevant Work
· Relevant Data Points Showing Your Competencies
· Krik: With over 15 years of diverse experience in global companies and NGOs, including Project Management, Governance, HR, and PA. I am passionate about crypto, communities, and NFTs. I serve as a Community Manager to Mr. Brown, creating engaging content and inviting guests for Near at Night Spaces.
· Aescobar: I bring 7 years of experience in the Hospitality industry, starting as a Barista and progressing to Head of Product R&D, leading a team of Business Development. My journey in Web3 began as a moderator and has since expanded to encompass roles such as Community Manager, Project Lead, Advisor, and Co-Founder.
LinkedIn Profile: Aescobar Mike
· Tej (aka Punter): With 8 years of experience in the Automation of Banking, Insurance, and Healthcare backend operations, I lead Nearvese Labs (RocketBois NFTs). Our team has developed multiple innovations for Near NFTs since March 2022.
LinkedIn Profile: Punter AKA Tej
Shot (Web3 Plug): Has 7+ years experience in Crypt. A founder, developer, and ecosystem practitioner. Graduate in CS and CIS from the school of business. Ran the NEAR NFT Builder Group for 1+ years, rallying top NFT builders to innovate and push standards. Founder of GenaDrop, open source multichain NFT toolkit.
Section 7. DAO/Project Charter/White or Litepaper and Goals
· Project Overview: Presentation with a short High-Level 6 bullet points summary:
(Mission, Vision, Core programs and how they align with NDC’s NDC CoA Vision, team, and requested budget for the next three months Dec, Jan, Feb)b
· What Problem Are You Aiming to Solve?
· DAO/Project Charter;
· How can your DAO / Project achieve NDC priorities, goals, and KPIs?
· Roadmap of your DAO/project, Milestones, and achievements
Proposal: Our pitch introduces the Working Group, and outlines roles, mission, vision, and core programs. Aligned seamlessly with NDC’s Priorities and Near Protocol’s core goals. The budget slide encapsulates our fiscal roadmap, ensuring efficiency and impact.
Section 8. Budget
· Projected Budget for the next three months (In USD for each Task/Milestone) - The projected budget for the next three months, is outlined in our prepared slide (below).
· Links to Similar Proposals from Near Foundation, existing GDAOs, Near ECO (if applicable)- NA
· What is the length of Commitment to Delivering Your Project? - NA
Will your team be working on this project full-time? - Core Contributor members are dedicated to Operations, business development, community building, and grantee management. The Technical Council’s responsibility would be reviewing proposals, assessing technical milestones, offering expert advice, bridging communication between technical teams and the Work Group, and maintaining a backlog of vital infrastructure enhancements.
Will your team be fully remunerated from this budget? - The team will be fully remunerated from the v1 budget, with a strategic plan for long-term sustainability.
Section 9. Project/DAO longevity
· Does your project/DAO require one-time or continuous funding? - As a Grassroots DAO, we are committed to aiding the builders in building systems to help the ecosystem thrive through NFT innovations. Although we have a vision of making the WG self-sustainable, we need NDC’s support for starting up and working towards sustainability.
· Will your DAO/Project device way of sustaining itself after this round of funding? - Some ways that the NFT WG plans to achieve self-sustainability through building revenue-generating applications, Official WG NFT collection sales in the future, and acquisition of NFT projects that will yield some revenue through secondary market sales (royalties).
· What are the possible roadblocks to the success of your project/DAO?- The changing community dynamics pose a unique challenge. Maintaining engagement, consensus, and harmony within a diverse community, requires adaptive strategies and strong community management. We may also need to be ready to face the volatility and keep re-prioritizing the innovations that we build and encourage. The ideas backlog will serve this purpose as we constantly keep improving it based on all the factors mentioned above.
Link to NFT WG Ideas Backlog.