As some of you know, Human Guild is doubling down more on gaming side (while still pursuing two other strategies via our community). In light of this, I wanted to post quick gaming update in case it’s useful context for folks working on gaming within NEAR ecosystem.
- 2 teams are working on Unity SDK for NEAR - we’ve used to have a version a while back, but it’s very out of date. You can see more detail here: [PROPOSAL] Light Unity Client-Library
- We also have a team working on Godot SDK for NEAR. Details on forum will be shortly.
- 3 games are currently in progress. You can see details on them here:
a) Scribble game preview: https://drawfalls.vercel.app/
b) Marble place: https://marble.place/ (it will have world building functionality)
c) HashRush: Learn Hash Rush - Introducing the Game - YouTube
- Indie gaming marketplace is launching into mainnet shortly. You can read a bit on how they educate indie game devs here: Web 3.0 Explorable # 3: NFTs -- Game Items With Real World Value / Paul Gadi / Observable (actual website is our of date, but here: https://outplay.games/)
- Vorto Gaming is on its way to what i call becoming “Animoca of Europe” and expanding their NEAR based marketplace to other games, first one announced very recently: Vorto Gaming Partners with Gold Town Games
- Importantly, critical feature for NEAR Lands was also released last week: https://twitter.com/vgrichina/status/1415595629003251714?s=20
If you’re interested in gaming, please join our Discord (you can find invite link here: https://humanguild.io/) & introduce yourself! We have regular hangouts on Fridays in CryptoVoxels, and we’d love to be a resource for you, if you’re building out something either in gaming or in virtual world space!
If you have questions / feedback / suggestions - feel free to respond here as well!