[PROPOSAL TO HOM] Africa DAO

AFRICA DAO FUNDING PROPOSAL FOR THE MONTH OF MAY

April has started quite well with new communities coming in, and old communities returning to work due to the last funding round.

The following proposals were received and categorised into the following:

Regional Communities

REJECTED PROPOSALS

APPROVED PROPOSALS

Despite these submissions, after due consideration based on track record, quality of the team, work done so far, the potential of the proposal, and alignment with Africa DAO guidelines, NDC and NEAR, the following proposals were approved

• NEAR Hausa- - - - - - - - - $4600
  • Africa Gamers- - - - - - - - $1400
  • NEAR Ghana- - - - - - - - - $2200
  • NEAR North Africa Community- - $2200
  • TNE- - - - - - - - – - - - - - - - – - - $1500
  • NEAR Uganda- - - - - - - - - - - - – $2000
  • NEAR Rwanda- - - - - - – - - - - - - $2450
  • NPK- - – - - - - - -=- - - - - - - - - - $1360

Dev Activities

The Africa DAO sets out to launch a build-to-earn programme that brings in new builders into the ecosystem. Details of the programme are found here. The total amount is $9100

DAO Events

The African DAO requests $5,300 for AirDAO event in Lagos, Nigeria to represent NDC/NEAR. Details of the event proposal are found here

OFFLINE EVENT

In its pursuit to mass onboard from Africa, the African DAO sees the AirDAO event as the first best fit to market NEAR under the NDC umbrella. This strategy offers a P2P marketing situation for us and makes it easy to get onboard people from all spheres of life.

ABOUT AIRDAO EVENT

The details of the event are found in the images below.

WHY SPONSOR AirCON EVENT

We see this event as a ground to leverage and speak to a wide audience about the NDC (community-centred governance on NEAR) and the NEAR ecosystem. This helps showcase the NEAR tech, dApps built on NEAR and events for the community at large.

Also, in the bid to mass onboard from other African countries, the AirCON event is a good ground to network with people from other African countries and set up regional communities to market NEAR.

In summary, AirDAO presents the audience through AirCON, which we leverage to showcase NDC and NEAR.

KEY METRICS

During and after attending the two-day event, the following KPIs are expected to have been 100% achieved.

1. Onboard 500+ users into the NEAR ecosystem
  2. Through the use of products like ShardDog, keypom, and Mintbase, carry out activities to produce 3000+ transactions.
  3. Retain 80% of new users via introduction into existing/new communities from Africa.
  4. Establish three (3) Partnerships with Dev, and or Education communities to grow NEAR.
  5. Onboard 10-20 Devs (Producing about 15 components after a month)
  6. Onboard 2-3 web2/web3 products into NEAR.

FUNDING REQUIRED

Given the magnitude to which we want to present the event, we will be going for the silver ticket, as indicated here.

• Event sponsorship - - - - - - - - - $2000
  • Transportation of team ( 3 persons)- - - - - - - $600
  • Branded swags (Shirts, caps, stickers, key holders, water bottles, books/pens)all to total 500 pieces- - - - - - - - – - $2000
  • Accommodation (3 persons/three nights) - - - - - - $500
  • Feeding (3 persons/three days)- - - - - - - $200

TOTAL: - - – - - - - $5300

DAO Council Remuneration

As proposed for the first quarter, the following council members are due for remuneration based on the report of work done for March.

Bakaka- - - - - - - - - - - - – -$1500 Report

Igboze - - - - - – - - - - - - - -$1500 Report

Muhammed Auwal- - - - - – -$1500 Report

Psalmy/Big M- - - - - - - - – -$1500 Report/Report

TOTAL: - - - - - - - - -$38110

Tagging the HOM POC @Dacha and DAO sponsor @odin for consideration,
Thanks to @Bakaka @Psalmy @BigM007 and @adeiza for all the work done.

8 Likes

Great job going in Africa! Kudos

1 Like

Great things are happening in Africa DAO, watch out next phase of Near Hausa next line of action,.
Thanks to HOM support always :handshake:

1 Like

Let’s continue to push beyond the limits.

The total amount is $9100
The African DAO requests $5,300
Council : 6000$

TOTAL 38110$ ???

Must be 20400$

Btw, 2k for the swag look real huge, can you share invoice about this ?

There are funds for Regional communities from Africa there.

Also, on the swags, it costs about $7 to print a single shirt that is good. You can confirm here
Customized T-shirts Print & Monogram Design in Lagos Nigeria. Printing of books Book Printing in Lagos | iPrints Nigeria
Printing of water bottles and other items Customized Aluminium Water Bottles Print in Lagos Nigeria

I hope these answers your questions.

@DDeAlmeida i think you missed this part.

1 Like

This is for the Dev programme we are planning to hold.

This is for the IRL event.

The proposal has four categories.

1. RCs from Africa.
  2. Dev programme
  3. IRL event
  4. Council compensation

Linking some comments I had shared on Telegram with the Africa DAO team. With only a few hours left to vote on the proposal, I do not personally feel as though there would be enough time for the proposal to be altered enough for my to vote approve, so I shall vote abstain.

Personally I have a lot of questions about this proposal which is why I am taking more time to vote. My main questions are about the dev activities that are planned for around 10k, not all of the partner communities seem well established, and I’m not sure this is a valuable use of funds.

Is there a similar initiative that Africa DAO has engaged with and can show results from? Or similar initiatives from the partner projects. The entire project doesn’t seem very professional and doesn’t seem like there was much collaboration with devhub or other dev groups. There is mention of partnership with build DAO, but based on what I read in the bounty sheet, there seems to be a lack of understanding about BOS dev.

Also, generally BOS is becoming: https://bwe-docs.near.dev/

So I’m not sure how much value the current initiative has without additional collaboration with other dev groups to see what is more appropriate to be building.

The intention seems positive, but the planned execution does not seem efficient or effective in my opinion. At this moment I would vote abstain.

I have issues with the entire proposal I suppose, but with appropriate reporting and long term vision, those issues can be worked on.

I have larger issues with dev activities because they don’t seem very efficient. What makes these dev communities partners for A DAO in the first place? What work has been done in the past with Africa DAO and these communities to have them be considered partners. Are these metrics from these initiatives?

Also, what exactly has been discussed with build DAO? Maybe it would be helpful to have info from build DAO included so it can be better understood how they plan to support aside from potentially setting up bounties.

I’m not sure how other members of the House feel, I’m just sharing my personal thoughts so far. I feel as though there are enough questions to be asked concerning the communities that are receiving funding at the moment.

What is the current impact of the already funded communities for example? I know that funding was just distributed for April, but before extending funding for May, it would still be nice to see how things are going so far.

My questions in 4 main points (there were others)

1. So how do those devs “qualify”?

2. So what does partnership actually mean?

3. After 2 months of operations, I DO expect a report. Even after 1 month I would expect a report tbh. Or course there may not be much included, but there could definitely be report outline and some beginning KPIs included.

4. Yes, April communities can give reports at eom, but council could still work on a report of what has been accomplished and future tasks. Retrospectives can always be completed.

I can only provide my personal feedback. Some DAOs didn’t provide reports right away, but generally funded different communities in the second month than the first.

I have also instructed other GDAOs to have monthly retrospectives submitted. Imo the trouble I have with the proposal is the lack of reporting + groups getting funded multiple months in a row without a report. Alone, potentially these things can be overlooked, but together, I find it difficult to know what I’m really voting on.

Also, I do not have enough clarity on the dev initiatives. Overall, it’s just too much lack of clarity for me to vote approve at this time. To be honest, even with clear reporting, it is difficult to track impact, without it, I do not feel comfortable voting.

I do appreciate the council reports being there though :pray:t5:.

This is just my side of the conversation. If anyone would like added clarify, I shall try and provide it.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback and questions @chloe
Let me try to answer your questions.

1. This is an open build to earn programme where the tasks are open to all the Devs from our partner communities. The individuals or teams who complete the tasks as described wins the rewards. To be qualified per say, they must have undergone our Dev training workshops.
  2. Partnership means we collaborate with other communities for the better good.
  3. Africa DAo received funding for April activities and the communities are still working. If we MUST ask for a report, we will eighther have a half report or wait for the month end. It is in this regard that each council member added a report of what they have done which somehow constitute a certain percentage of the final DAO report.
  4. We have a data sheet for all communities and what they have been accomplishing so far. it is just new to us at the moment of voting on our proposal that we needed to submit a report before we get approved.

To add to this, it will actually do the entire community good if the HOM communicates changes to new and existing DAOs.

We responded to all of these in the tg group chat, so there is no need for me to discuss your personal opinion on this proposal again. We look forward to receiving your feedback on whether to support or abstain in our next submission.

2 Likes