[Proposal] Self Nomination for MDAO council

Hello Near Community,

I would like to post my interest in the open spot on the Marketing DAO council. I’ve been an active member of Near since January 2022 and went full time Web3 earlier this year. I’ve learned a lot along the way from Moderating discords to starting my own project focused on gaming. With all that being said its been tough to say the least and this could help me out. I’ve had my boots on since I got here and I’m willing to keep going at a higher capacity.

A little about my involvement in the Near space. There were probably a half a dozen more that were short lived as this space is volatile.

Metamon Head Moderator/ Discord Admin
One of the OG gaming projects on Near. I started moderating the discord part time. I did a great job there with the community and customer service side of things that they made me head mod. I eventually got admin permissions and before the game could launch on main net it slowly died out unfortunately. 1+ yrs

Humble Hood Crew
With my tenure in Metamon I was a shoe-in for head mod at HHC. That’s when the bear market started and eventually refunded all minters what was left in the treasury. Same deal like previous gig, I started modding and became the head mod until the project stopped. ~6 months

Jump DeFi Moderator/Community Manager
I joined the Jump DeFi team August 2022 as a mod and quickly became one of the community managers. One of the best teams I’ve worked with and the founders have been here since the beginning. Like the rest of the mod jobs we help with the community, events, collabs, support, and content creation.

Good Fortunate Felines (NEKO) Ambassador Manager
I was asked to manage the ambassadors when the spot opened up. I eventually was asked to join the team as the gaming director. I also help out with the community as well. Same team as Jump, we have a weekly call to sync up.

Boneyard Gaming Founder
I started this project thinking this bear market wouldn’t last, boy what a ride its been so far. I wanted to boost gaming on Near especially on the gaming side of things. Its been growing ever since the beginning and hasn’t slowed up yet. As a MDAO grantee, you may know me by now. I started hosting Twitter Spaces and for the past few months a podcast. Focused on Gaming on Near, community, and Near KOLs. Gaming is a bit quiet on Near so I’ve been talking to other chains and guilds spreading he good word. I’m even connecting founders outside of Near to the gaming BD team on Near (Mark Mi) so that they have a NEAR option. The Boneyard and I have gained roughly 5K followers in the past year or so.

Why should I be chosen to join the MDAO team?
Before the web3 knowledge I’ve gained I worked in distribution for 18 years from unloading trucks for 12 hours a day to a desk job supervising a team. I’m no stranger to hard work and have managed teams of up to 14 people. I can get my hands dirty AND then type up the reports at the end of the day. You’re only as strong as your weakest link at work. This is why I’m dedicated to community so much. CEO’s run businesses and I’m a drop of glue holding it all down.

In conclusion, I wouldn’t doubt myself for a second if I were to join this team. At this point I’ve had nothing but positive vibes from every member at this point. Again, being a grantee I already have a good idea what is to be expected. I’m not afraid to speak my mind but in a respectful manner. Ask anyone I’ve worked with, I hold my own. Self starter, and loyal to the bone.

As always, I appreciate anyone taking the time to look at this post.

Tagging the @marketingdao-council for visibility in regards to this post MDAO Update: Removal of Council Member Taylor

3 Likes

Billy has proven to be a very valuable member of the NEAR Protocol community. I appreciate his contributions not only because I work with him, but also because he has done a great deal to promote gaming on NEAR ecosystem from other chains. I support Billy’s nomination for this position. i think he have the experience needed to be a valuable member

2 Likes

I fully support Billy for this role as he is well experienced on the marketing with Neko and JUMP

1 Like