What, Why, and When?
In our [Q3 OKRs] Creatives DAO plans, the Creatives DAO envisioned hosting events as part of our creative community building mandate.
In those plans we referred to this event as a town hall BUT we would like to give you something better: a forum. Now this may appear to be just semantics, but the Creatives DAO Council takes providing opportunities for openly sharing ideas and collaborating seriously. The dictionary does define forum as: “a public meeting place for open discussion”* – and we do like the sound of that.
And with this in mind, we are proposing a
Creatives Community Forum to take place on:
Saturday, August 7th @ 10:00 - 12:00 pm EST / 2:00-4:00pm UTC / 4:00-6:00pm CEST.
On the Creatives Community Airmeet.
Creators and creatives - whether you’re part of a Guild or DAO community already or not! Even if you’re stumbling upon this and you’re entirely new to the NEAR Ecosystem, you are welcome. You are all a part of our creative community.
To foster as much discussion as possible, we wanted to use Airmeet for its social lounge/tables function. Those who attended the Open Web Hackathon in May are familiar with these tables and they are a favourite feature!
Here is the planned event breakdown:
@chloe and I are based in EST so that’s the time zone we’ll be using here
10 am - 11am EST ---- Social Lounge/Tables: each Creative Guild or DAO will get a table for a meetup to be structured however the Guild leader decides
- Stop in at as many tables as you like to get to know your fellow NEAR creators and creatives.
- This will be a great opportunity for Creative community groups who don’t host regular meetups or community calls to connect in real time.
11 am - 12pm EST ---- Main Stage: Organized updates from each of the Creative Guild representatives to the NEAR Community hosted by the Creatives DAO.
- Creative Guild/DAO Leaders expect to receive a sign-up form in the Creative Guild Leaders Telegram chat but we will be looking to you to spotlight and bring to life the activities your respective communities are undertaking!
- To hear from everyone, we ask the updates be kept to max. 10 mins. Visuals and/or slides are warmly encouraged.
- Prepare also to hear updates from the Creatives DAO about upcoming NEAR Hackathons, and Creatives DAO governance plans/initiatives ft. SputnikDAO v2.
- This portion of the event will be recorded.
The Social Lounge/Tables will be left open following the two-hour event for Guilds to continue to gather and meet among themselves if they wish.
Comments, feedback, enthusiastic effusions, etc. all welcome here! Let us know what you’re thinking and if you’re looking forward to the Creatives Community Forum.
And, of course, your Creatives DAO Council really hopes to see you there.
*Citation: Definition of Forum by Merriam-Webster.