[Proposal] Onboarding DAO - March 2023

Whats up fam? =) I am glad Creatives DAO is growing and evolving!
As you might know my two passions here are DAOs and Education. Onboarding DAO is both.

Let’s rock this 2023!

Project Name: Onboarding DAO

Project Status: [in progress]

Project Accounting: 140.28 NEAR + 1597 USDC account balance

DAO: onboarding-dao.sputnik-dao.near

[ONBOARDING DAO] - FUNDING PROPOSAL FOR ONBOARDING DAO [APRIL] - [2023]

Introduction

Onboarding is our principal purpose. We aim to raise awareness about NEAR and welcome NEARcomers into our beloved community.

As Onboarding DAO has his own tag on the forum, we use it to locate all the post related to #onboarding-dao, like proposals and reports from onboarding activities.

We encourage any individual or team to create a proposal for up to $1000 USD using our tag. It is for projects related to onboarding new members into the NEAR ecosystem and keep them active.

Why Our Team?

Our team is composed of passionate individuals who are actively involved in the NEAR community and have a strong track record of contributing to the ecosystem. Each member brings a unique set of skills and experiences that will enable us to deliver a successful educational project.

@Symbolik is a well-known Twitter spaces host and podcast host who has a deep understanding of the blockchain industry. He has been actively participating in metaverse rooms and other community activities. His experience in creating educational content and engaging with the community will be invaluable to the success of this project. symbolik.near

@mr_free is one of the most active community members, regularly checking the forum proposals and providing assistance in our community groups. He has a keen eye for detail and a strong understanding of the NEAR ecosystem. mr_free.near

@NatalieCrue is also a Twitter spaces host and educator who has been actively involved in the blockchain industry for several years. She has a passion for educating others about blockchain technology and has experience creating educational content. Her expertise in hosting and organizing events will be instrumental to review proposals. nataliejcrue.near

@FritzWorm I am a Production Engineer with proven track record in the Near Community with former key roles at projects like Metapool and TenkBay, I will be helping with the promotions, moderation, and review of the projects fritzwagner.near

Together, our team has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the blockchain industry, community engagement, and marketing. We are dedicated to the success of this project and to contributing to the growth of the NEAR ecosystem.

@FritzWorm

Reports

https://gov.near.org/t/report-july-2022-onboarding-dao/26709
https://gov.near.org/t/report-june-2022-onboarding-dao/24822
https://gov.near.org/t/report-onboarding-dao-january-february/15922?u=fritzworm

• More reports:

https://gov.near.org/t/report-onboarding-to-professors-and-students-of-the-school-of-plastic-arts/27583
https://gov.near.org/t/report-onboarding-of-university-students-and-teachers/29217

https://gov.near.org/t/report-v2-0-onboarding-nca-ncd-at-universidad-del-bio-bio-concepcion-chile/23147

https://gov.near.org/t/report-onboarding-of-university-students-and-teachers-dec/32707

Impact:

The objective of this proposal is to create a series of educational resources and events to welcome and onboard NEARcomers into the NEAR ecosystem. The educational resources will be geared towards introducing the NEAR ecosystem, its core features, and benefits to the new community members. We aim to keep them engaged and active by providing them with learning resources, interactive events, and mentorship.

The $4800 USD grant will allow us to help NEAR growth in the following objectives:

1. Develop a series of interactive video tutorials and online workshops on how to use NEAR wallet, staking, and token management.
  2. Promote a NEAR Community Ambassador program that provides mentorship, training, and incentives for community members to onboard new users.
  3. Host virtual community events, such as hackathons, webinars, and networking events to engage the community and encourage collaboration.
  4. Create a comprehensive NEAR starter guide that highlights the benefits and features of NEAR and provides an overview of the NEAR ecosystem.

This activities and the call to action is for individuals and teams who understand their respective environments and are able to effectively target their specific audience.

By funding proposals with those mentioned goals.

Projects & Timelines:

We have been helping with the onboarding for a while now, and we want to use the full funding to keep doing so. If this proposal is approved then we will be able to fund up to 10 onboarding projects. It will take one month to gather projects, review and approve the selected projects. And then another month to receive reports and give feedback.

We will also add other activities to share our onboarding experience, and we might be asking the Marketing DAO help for funding those activities related to Twitter Spaces, exposure, marketing, designs.

• 6 March:

Open call for the community to bring their ideas and proposals

• 27 March:

Review, analyze and share feedback on the proposals (proposals must show quantifiable data such as wallet activations and engagements)

• 3 April:

Distribute up to $1000 USD per onboarding proposal. We are primarily seeking proposals with budgets up to $500.

• 28 April:

Ask and receive the reports from each funded proposal
Create a full report from Onboarding DAO

Target & Funding:

Projects Budget: $4000
Council reward: $200 for each member of the Squad (4)
Activities include running 4 meetings per month, review and fund up to 10 projects

DAO: onboarding-dao.sputnik-dao.near

Total Requested Funding Amount: $4800 USD in NEAR TOKENS

This proposal aims to promote educational events and create educational resources, to support projects that aim to onboard new users into the NEAR ecosystem and keep them engaged. By providing these resources, we will create a more vibrant and active community that will contribute to the growth of the NEAR ecosystem. We thank the NEAR Foundation for the opportunity to create a proposal and look forward to keep contributing to the NEAR ecosystem.

@creativesdao-council

8 Likes

Hey @FritzWorm, thanks for the proposal, however, we can’t start reviewing it, because @kc_sollano belongs to DAO’s council. Please update the DAO. Thanks!

2 Likes

Could you please share Iinks on your social media?

1 Like

@mr_free could you please share a list of groups where you provide the mod support?

1 Like

Hi Fritz,

Would like to know more about the framework that you are using to categorise ‘Onboarding’ as a Creative activity rather than Marketing? (as it relates to the source of funding).

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I was a part of the DAO when it was active many months before. As the DAO is in process to be active again, I won’t be able to continue as one of the councils further.

The proposal will be updated with my name removed in it. Thanks and have a good day!

5 Likes

I am not a moderator (except admin privileges in tg group). @FritzWorm and @kc_sollano our moderators. But I will try to help and support users in any chat/group/community and personally and according to my knowledge/
@FritzWorm please fix it (remove that I am the moderator).
Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey! I am glad this has been implemented! Good to know. @kc_sollano please stay around as advisor =)

I didnt knew partner when we agreed to make a proposal. And congrats for your new role at #auroraisnear, Dacha made us the favor to take you out of the proposal. Best of lucks.

The funding is being spend mostly on educational activities as you can check on some of the reports. Like for the budget professors/educators need. So, rather than a focus on Marketing it is a Focus on Education through onboarding, and it has been targeting Creatives, Developers and Educators, many of them were send to Near University to receive more instruction through the certifications.

I believe the framework rather than be related to Marketing is related to funding little onboarding projects instead of big ones.

Thanks for your question partner. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Fixed to “assistance” :rocket:

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you for sharing your proposal. It means a lot that you want to build on NEAR.

Your proposal will be funded if it adds value to the NEAR ecosystem based on the metrics and current guidelines voted on by the community to have alignment with NF,

The results will be shared by 15th March.

You may answer other questions asked by community members, however you are not obliged to.

If creatives mods have any questions regarding your proposal, they will reach out to you here or on telegram.

If you have any doubts, please share them in the community calls on Monday 4pm UTC

5 Likes

I’m most active on Twitter where I regularly co-host conversations including this Twitter Spaces which went on for almost seven hours over the weekend which can be found here [https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1vAxRAbeMbvJl?s=20](https://twitter.com/NatalieCrue)
I also moderate too many rooms on Clubhouse several times a week including a Web3 Pitch Room on Sundays.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/NatalieCrue
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nataliecrue/

3 Likes

Are you active on telegram??
Would like to have a dialogue with you

Is this proposal for the same Onboarding DAO as this Onboard DAO?

Hey thanks for sharing that link, we didnt knew about them, I will try to reach them for possible collab.

Direct answer: Nope, Onboarding DAO (we) is not yet related in any form with Onboard DAO.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up.

I would suggest connecting with Onboard DAO and reviewing whether this proposal still makes sense after.

I’ve been following the work of that Onboard DAO team. They’ve been consistent and active, specially around developers. Gud value.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate your concern about our consistency and value addition with the onboarding project.

I would like to highlight that the funding we have been distributing has yielded significant results. Our initiatives have enabled the successful onboarding of participants to Near University, where they have gained knowledge about NEAR and become active users on the platform.

I am proud to say that our efforts have created substantial value for our community. The Onboarding DAO team has been consistent and proactive in their approach, and we have successfully onboarded several members some of which are developers.

We are committed to continually improving our processes to enhance our outcomes. Thank you once again for your input, and we will take your suggestions into consideration as we move forward.

To clarify: We are 100% positive this proposal makes all sense even if there is another team doing onboarding with a very similar name. Basically at the end, we all are doing onboarding… is part of the way at this early blockchain tech stage.

6 Likes